Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Dakota Joshua to 4y/3.25m Contract

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If they targeted Carrier, Juulsen would 100% be the number 6 guy over Friedman. Tocchet and Foote love their redwoods.

I think that would work. Obviously I would prefer a Tanev/Roy in that spot but I think in terms of finding value Carrier is a good choice that allows more flexibility and room to add elsewhere.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think that would work. Obviously I would prefer a Tanev/Roy in that spot but I think in terms of finding value Carrier is a good choice that allows more flexibility and room to add elsewhere.

I love Carrier as a target. Just knowing the tendencies and preferences of our coaching staff, they'll want the last RD to have size otherwise the entire right size lacks reach.

Reactions: timw33

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Awesome news to start the day with. I loved watching a team that could hang with the most physical teams in the league and give as good as they get. I don't think you can overlook Joshua's contributions to the PK as well. This group turned that around in a big way. If they had lost Bleuger and Joshua we could find ourselves back at the bottom of the league in PK percentage again.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
this is bonkers. i think if you take $3.75m for three years as fair value, you now have a half mill to add to zad’s contract. for zad, $4.5m for five is probably what we’d ideally want, so can go up to five for five.

and if there’s a way to run this as the D:

hughes hronek
zadorov tanev
soucy juulsen/friedman/someone cheap

and aim to add a real RH3D at the deadline, then our remaining holes are: a second winger for petey’s line and a right-handed center.

if we can get zad and tanev signed for a combined $9m, how much is leftover? and is it enough to throw at reinhart and hope he wants to come home?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I love Carrier as a target. Just knowing the tendencies and preferences of our coaching staff, they'll want the last RD to have size otherwise the entire right size lacks reach.

If you had Carrier as the bottom pairing guy who could step into higher leverage that would be insane, only see that in situation where guys are truly taking less to make it work, but I would think he wants to find a top-4 guaranteed spot wherever he goes.

For once this is an insanely exciting time to be a fan, a lot of really really good groundwork has been laid to give them a shot at doing something franchise changing, and worst case they already have signed some very key players that allowed our team to take a big step forward and we could go into the season with some flexibility.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
That's a glass half empty view. Half full, he's got 4 years with the team and coaching staff he likes, who helped make him the player he is. Without that support, would he show up to camp at new team in shape, out of shape, be bought out in 2 years etc.

Of course, there are reasons outside of money for him to stay as well. I just didn't think he would take less to do it given his career earnings to date. It was very quiet in terms of negotiations and the media has 10 teams chasing him....

Initially, I had him at $3m AAV. A hard decision at $3.5m AAV. To get him lower than the point of a tough decision, and without giving up that 5th year, is very good work.

Aside: Mikheyev is probably getting mid- low 30ish ES points next year, which is similar to what I have projected for Joshua, but CHI made VAN shave that AAV to $4m to have that contract be palatable. And now it's very similar to what I had expected Joshua to get in FA. The upper end for each player.

Reactions: ProviesGhost

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I liked our 4th line better under the previous regime.

Sutter - Beagle - Eriksson (near 14 mil)

A~nd if we are to adjust for inflation...
stewie-gun.gif

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hey I was spam posting about how we should sign Dak to this number after the Mikheyev trade yesterday instead of any Zadorov 5.5x5 or 6 stuff.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
In his year end presser I really got the sense that he wanted to be back and wouldn't be out there searching for the biggest bag possible, and it kind of surprised me. If the Canucks didn't insult him with an offer they were going to re-sign him. Signing Blueger and Joshua for a combined 5 million is just a crazy coup. Blueger isn't as flashy or unique a commodity may not have been looking at a big time offer, but Joshua for sure would have been. He's basically signing the Jay Beagle contract.

Definitely seems like Zadorov is going to be next and we're going to be more or less starting from the team we had last season and possibly adding Guentzel. Exciting stuff!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad