NHL: Around the League 52

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Rangers finally going to break through this year I think.

If Bruins get going we could get Boston vs New York in both NHL and NBA ECF

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Great breakdown by Bieksa on how DeAngelo is an absolute f***ing moron out there.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Man. What a soft goal. CAR just doesn’t have that it factor.

Lots of UFA on that roster I wouldn’t mind seeing on the Hawks. Bring 86 back

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Ten years ago the Kings came back from 0-3 in a series. Let’s see if these Canes are made of similar stuff.

All 3 games have been close. They get a few more saves, and there’s a possibility.

Cant win 4 without winning one.

Lets go Canes! My bracket depends on you!
The Kings actually had an elite goalie, top end talent, championship pedigree, and elite depth.

Canes only have the depth part down

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Ten years ago the Kings came back from 0-3 in a series. Let’s see if these Canes are made of similar stuff.

All 3 games have been close. They get a few more saves, and there’s a possibility.

Cant win 4 without winning one.

Lets go Canes! My bracket depends on you!

That’s one.

3 more to go for the Canes to add their names to a short list in history. We’ll see if they have what it takes.

Four 1-goal games. This series must be heart attack city for fans of either team.

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Montgomery doing his best to turn this into a street fight. I didn't see a punch thrown, and the league looked at it and saw nothing.
Montgomery is right about one thing: Bennett suckered Knies in last years playoffs in a similar fashion. He's sneaky dirty alright ... though the angle I saw you couldn't tell but Marchand was clearly in pain and it's a huge loss for Bruins.

EDIT: just found this link that gives a good view of Bennett punching Marchand with glove on and stick in hand: Here's A Closer Look At The Sneaky Sucker Punch That Panthers Lunatic Sam Bennett Delivered To Bruins Captain Brad Marchand, Eventually Knocking Him Out Of Last Night's Game Three

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Nice goal by Barkov
It was. He shook Pastrnak off like like wasn't there. With the score at 2-0, Bruins had 3 one-on-ones with the goalie and couldn't bury it. You just knew it would haunt them in the end.

When Panthers play like this, with Bob playing his part, they have/are the perfect playoff team. Griitty as hell (without getting penalties) and offensive when it's needed.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Draisaitl can't manage to stay on his skates over and over and over to start the game...until a puck comes his way with half the net open then he smooth skates a half step in a split second and looks like his old self.

Maybe it's BS nostalgia or something but I feel like the flopping in the NHL playoffs is taking over a bigger chunk of the game.

On the opposite end of that the refs in the Panthers/Bruins game actually called an interference on someone holding up a guy on a dump in (long after the puck is gone) near the boards. But, not until there was like 30 seconds left in the game. They haven't called that all playoffs long.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Draisaitl can't manage to stay on his skates over and over and over to start the game...until a puck comes his way with half the net open then he smooth skates a half step in a split second and looks like his old self.

Maybe it's BS nostalgia or something but I feel like the flopping in the NHL playoffs is taking over a bigger chunk of the game.

On the opposite end of that the refs in the Panthers/Bruins game actually called an interference on someone holding up a guy on a dump in (long after the puck is gone) near the boards. But, not until there was like 30 seconds left in the game. They haven't called that all playoffs long.
Drai is an incredibly unlikeable player. He's like if you made Hossa an even better offensive player that didn't care about defense and played like Marchand.

• Haha
Reactions: deytookerjaabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad