GDT: NHL All-Star Skills Competition - January 27th - 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Why did they get rid of the breakaway competition? that was always one of the highlights of the all-star weekend.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Is there any kind of running scoring tally in the skills comp like last year, or is it just "oh, here's who won each competition"? Last year, the players in each division played for points, and the winner got to basically set up the bracket for the next day, choosing both their opponent and their time slot. But this year, everything's individual, which makes me think they're really doing the "just for show" aspect. Plus, there are five goalies in the shootout streak, which means it's imbalanced from a divisional standpoint. (Seriously, why couldn't they just do all 8? Time? Or because shootouts are really, really boring? In that case, knock it down to 4.)

Oh, and why DID they get rid of the breakaway challenge? Because Johnny Nutella wanted to light his stick on fire? Because it was actually fun? Did the players dread having to come up with something fun/funny?

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
27073331_10157033226644838_3623122841380307949_n.jpg

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I’m in the minority but I love all star weekend! :)
It’s what got me into hockey as a little kid.

I love it too. This is coming from someone who's been watching the sport since the early 80s.

I wish everyone would try a little more, but all ASGs are a bit this way. I love the celebration of our best. Being selected is a huge honor, everything else is gravy!

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Why did they get rid of the breakaway competition? that was always one of the highlights of the all-star weekend.
There are articles saying they wanted to put more emphasis on skill rather than gimmicks. I think they should’ve kept it though, hockey players are known to be a little dull and lack personality. Seeing the guys personalities is one of the most fun aspects of All Star weekend to me

Reactions: cookiefest

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Klingberg in the hardest shot competition ? Thats kind of random that he's not in the passing thing ^^

Never actually saw Klingberg even shoot that hard. Acurate yeah but usually not that hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad