NHL 25 Discussion

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
based on reading this thread (and feedback in other forums) i'm not sure this game is worth downloading a free ten-hour trial, let alone the actual game itself. hopefully enough people stay on 24 (an awful game in its own right) to find games in chel.
I wouldn't come to this thread to make my opinion. I would look at each aspect of what people said as to what was good and bad. There is a lot of bitch just to bitch. The first thing I heard about NHL 25 from guys who played it, was they liked it.

In here..."The menus are slow. f*** EA."
"I don't like the faces...f*** EA."
"They worked on Franchise instead of Be a Pro. f*** EA."

There is tons of complaints just to complain. I didn't buy NHL24 because of the pressure meter. It was a non starter for me. But my son loved the game. He likes NHL 25 too and he is a gamer.

Make up your own mind.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Whoever came up with the idea of adding NTCs/NMCs with randomized teams to players contracts is a midwit.

Love that my player will accept a trade to Buffalo and Ottawa but refuses to go to Tampa Bay or Vegas.

Super realistic guys. Well done.

Who is the player? Buffalo and Ottawa is in pretty close distance from eachother. Maybe this AI wants to move closer to his family :sarcasm:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I wouldn't come to this thread to make my opinion. I would look at each aspect of what people said as to what was good and bad. There is a lot of bitch just to bitch. The first thing I heard about NHL 25 from guys who played it, was they liked it.

In here..."The menus are slow. f*** EA."
"I don't like the faces...f*** EA."
"They worked on Franchise instead of Be a Pro. f*** EA."

There is tons of complaints just to complain. I didn't buy NHL24 because of the pressure meter. It was a non starter for me. But my son loved the game. He likes NHL 25 too and he is a gamer.

Make up your own mind.

The Be A Pro complaint is pretty damn valid considering it's been a neglected mess for what will be more than half a f***ing decade by the time the next game drops.

Other than that it I just don't enjoy the chunky feel, it feels like arcade hockey and feels miles behind other sports games.

Reactions: kevistar

Gaud

May 11, 2017
The changes affect my overall play - im good at making it to the net on the original rush and (if that doesnt work) capitalizing on those few seconds before the opposing players actually get to where they are supposed to be. I find the forward speed reduced, but maybe the left and right went up (turning doesnt slow you down as much). I will need to adjust, but im not against that at all.

Stick lifts are a lot better; i dont get slashing penalties anymore. I found the one timers were less effective in the last game than the previous one, but it needs to be toned down in this one. I like the timing meter on them.

Its ok so far, though ive had games on pro that were harder than on superstar. My annoyance is the changes in the reward system. It used to be id be looking forward to thursday to get my rewards, friday to get those from hut rush.. now it feels more like grinding for the next reward, then going to the other mode and grinding there. I feel i enjoy the game less when i play and get whatever reward instead of "grind for a 1000 puck reward so i can eventually get the 3 bronze player reward after that.. so that 20 games from nw i can get the icon card".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad