NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The skating changes they've made are significant. The game actually looks closer to real hockey with the adjustments they've made. That & the players slipping past each other instead of running into one another.

It'll take years to fine tune, but this is genuinely an impressive change.

Like the way players work the puck around. It's the part of the game that I hated the most was how players didn't face the net or protect angles defensively around the net.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The skating changes they've made are significant. The game actually looks closer to real hockey with the adjustments they've made. That & the players slipping past each other instead of running into one another.

It'll take years to fine tune, but this is genuinely an impressive change.

Like the way players work the puck around. It's the part of the game that I hated the most was how players didn't face the net or protect angles defensively around the net.

Not sure how you can tell that from 30 seconds of hand picked gameplay footage.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure how you can tell that from 30 seconds of hand picked gameplay footage.
I am indeed going off the gameplay trailer.

I said it’d take years to fine tune - just that this looked like a meaningful step in the right direction

Reactions: LokiDog

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I am indeed going off the gameplay trailer.

I said it’d take years to fine tune - just that this looked like a meaningful step in the right direction
i guarantee any "new" technology they're using is at least 3 years old. no credit is due for these smoothbrain devs

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
the ratings continue to blow my mind. game is entirely unplayable for offline until after the first games are played and they add the new players

at which point you need to edit almost every player on every team.

Reactions: Jysk

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Who the f is this guy? Looks nothing like McDavid. We're in the year 2024 and these clowns don*'t want to pay to use facial sensors for at least their star players. Pathetic.
1000006974.jpg

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Omg there's finally contract clauses!!

Also having more in depth contract negotiation is awesome
They do, but you only get to offer them one clause. You can't pick the years where it's full NMC and years where it's partial NTC.

The 'negotiations' dialogue still looks robotic and likely adds no actual value. Odds are that buddy's five year $9m AAV to Sam Bennett was going to get accepted without any discussion.

I also like that we can look at game logs and split stats, but again, that menu doesn't look like it can be sorted so we aren't looking at a wall of information.

The ideas are there, but the execution is always lacking.

Reactions: Realgud

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
okok i dont usually give them any props but these are some biiiigggg changes in franchise mode. like the big things weve been requesting for years are here. they wont be perfect but this is a big step

getting NMC/NTCs, actual in depth stat tracking, players having real needs and wants instead of being full on bots, able to move draft picks in roster building prior to starting your franchise mode

obv the convo engine is going to suck, id prefer theyd have found a way to do the trading/FA additions without it since they notoriously suck at implementing any realistic dialogue.

this is a lot for them to add, honestly, and its a good baseline going forward as long as they dont ignore any issues with these new features

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm still of the belief that these yearly releases for sports titles needs to be culled. Move to a yearly membership model and separate each game mode into a standalone 'franchise'.

Development for each game mode would improve night and day. HUT and WOC have strong enough player bases to support this.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I will give them credit, that's actually a fairly impressive overhaul on franchise.

If the gameplay against AI wasn't the drizzling shits I might have actually considered.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
They do, but you only get to offer them one clause. You can't pick the years where it's full NMC and years where it's partial NTC.

The 'negotiations' dialogue still looks robotic and likely adds no actual value. Odds are that buddy's five year $9m AAV to Sam Bennett was going to get accepted without any discussion.

I also like that we can look at game logs and split stats, but again, that menu doesn't look like it can be sorted so we aren't looking at a wall of information.

The ideas are there, but the execution is always lacking.
Yeah I don't love all the conversations that were added. It looks very robotic and tedious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad