NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
At least they are doing something to Franchise mode. Not expecting anything, but it sure would be nice to have that mode be decent.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’d love for BAP and Franchise to get full overhauls, better player likeness (or allow us to edit the appearance of players who do not have scans - or even edit the hair, etc. of those that do). But my primary frustration has always been the actual on-ice action. The fact that you can’t move your hands and feet at the same time is insane to me in 2024. You can stick handle and coast or you can skate, but not both. I’m MILDLY intrigued by some of the new skating animations in the leaked trailer, but until players are capable of actually moving like they do in real life, and AI that actually acknowledges teammates positioning and anticipates plays, supports pucks, cuts to the net, etc. the game will continue to be frustrating. I’m hoping we get a mild upgrade over last year’s garbage, at least.
I played a fair amount of HUT this year and couldn’t agree more. Constant moments where I needed more freedom of movement or my AI teammates have their back to me in the ozone, are in a bad position in general, and even directly in my shooting lanes.

Reactions: LokiDog

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I played a fair amount of HUT this year and couldn’t agree more. Constant moments where I needed more freedom of movement or my AI teammates have their back to me in the ozone, are in a bad position in general, and even directly in my shooting lanes.
I'd love to know how the devs decided that everybody in the NHL is backskating everywhere at all times. It's ridiculous how badly they've botched the game compared to old versions when you try to conduct a simple d to d, up the wall breakout, and you have nowhere to pass to as the winger because the other 2 forwards are facing away from you for no reason

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Fyi, in the EA forums they have confirmed that there is no online franchise mode.

They are working on it but it is not in NHL 25

GM connected was really not all that great. I’d fault EA, but that type of feature is just hard to orchestrate as it requires people to always be online at the same time and committed

Reactions: kevistar

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The thing is you could do so much with scouting, injuries, the draft, hiring, player and agent negotiations, strategies, practices, rivalries, that it amazes me that EA doesn't do even 1/100 of what they could do with hockey. Hockey guys are junkies.

When the release came out, I almost responded on Twitter by saying I am really looking forward to playing NHL19 again!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If I can't be part of Bluth Company again I'm not intersted.

Those who know, know.
He does have a point. As successful as our league was there were so many problems. Even looking past all the glitches and bugs that would make you have to start all over from scratch it was a constant battle to…

1) find enough people to fill out the league
2) or have everyone ruin the league by making 100 trades right away
3) get people to stick around long enough to make it worthwhile

Bluth Company was some of the most fun I’ve ever had in gaming though. Great, GREAT times

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
This won't happen but would love to see a trade mini game to get trades to feel better.

Like during the season whenever you make a trade proposal it takes the AI a few days to consider and counter proposal so you can't make infinite trades (unless you really overpay and the AI loves the deal right away)

Then on the trade deadline and draft you can move through trades quickly.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
As long as we get to set the price of hot dogs, because that's what GMs do.
That part of franchise mode is so lazy and annoying. Yeah you're fired because you didnt repair the washrooms! We dont have trade clauses in the game but players definitely want to waste time upgrading/repairing the arena

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Checking in from NHL 23, I'm guessing another skip year?
Depends which game modes you play. If you play WOC, '24 was a worthwhile get because of the OP upgrades to the hitting mechanics. I've also heard that some people are having success using the 'Total Control' mechanics, though I feel that you have more options using skill stick.

I get enough play out of this game every year to warrant a purchase. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the progress.

Reactions: lordtrillson

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Fixing the AI should be priority numbers 1-100. Improving AI improves every single game mode except 6v6 EASHL where every player is controlled by a human. If you add an AI teammate or opponent to the game, everything is so much worse. They're unpredictable, inconsistent, and downright awful most of the time. If they played decent hockey and could be counted on to be in position the game becomes so much better.

This is exceptionally stupid. 24 wasn't good by any stretch, but it was drastically different. They at least tried some things with the pressure system and new hitting mechanics and control scheme. They weren't implemented well, but it wasn't copy/paste. That's totally disingenuous.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I’ll have to keep an eye on if any changes they make to franchise mode are worthwhile. So far they haven’t given me a reason to purchase a new gen console.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad