GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wonder if we will ever see the team host their own combine like they did before COVID.

Not sure, they decided after one year not to take 3 prospects out to dinner. Not that it mattered because we picked the one guy we didn't take to dinner.

1717248054172.png

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Now we will get a better sense of what is going to happen around the draft.

Can't wait for the push back against the noise that the Habs are very high on Sennecke.
Feels more like Iginla will test incredibly well and the noise there will escalate even more

But like I've said, I'm good with any of those 4 names being tossed around right now, it's just about getting lucky with picks #2-4

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Feels more like Iginla will test incredibly well and the noise there will escalate even more

But like I've said, I'm good with any of those 4 names being tossed around right now, it's just about getting lucky with picks #2-4

Yeah, I put my reactions in another thread.

Demidov I'm running around screaming like a maniac.
Lindstrom I'm jumping up and down.
Sennecke I'm fist pumping vigorously.
Iginla I'm giving a satisfied head nod.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, I put my reactions in another thread.

Demidov I'm running around screaming like a maniac.
Lindstrom I'm jumping up and down.
Sennecke I'm fist pumping vigorously.
Iginla I'm giving a satisfied head nod.
Brilliant minds think alike. Levshunov is also intriguing

Reactions: jaffy27

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Helenius? :naughty:

Won't happen but I'd do what I said, declare Goldenhands the golden god and then leave HF.

Brilliant minds think alike. Levshunov is also intriguing

He is but there's no conceivable way he's there at 5 so I don't really spend much time evaluating my reaction to it, but probably the Iginla head nod.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Won't happen but I'd do what I said, declare Goldenhands the golden god and then leave HF.

He is but there's no conceivable way he's there at 5 so I don't really spend much time evaluating my reaction to it, but probably the Iginla head nod.
After Celebrini many experts believe that the next 12-14 picks are interchangeable. In other words someone like Sennecke could be picked at #5.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
After Celebrini many experts believe that the next 12-14 picks are interchangeable. In other words someone like Sennecke could be picked at #5.

Yes but the top right shot defenseman isn't going to fall beyond the 3 teams picking after San Jose who all need a right shot defenseman of that archetype.

There's no consensus where these guys will go, but there's a pretty solid consensus that Levshunov is gone in the top 4.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes but the top right shot defenseman isn't going to fall beyond the 3 teams picking after San Jose who all need a right shot defenseman of that archetype.

There's no consensus where these guys will go, but there's a pretty solid consensus that Levshunov is gone in the top 4.
I think Chicago will surprise us with their pick and it won't be Demidov.

What do you make of McCagg saying Levshunov is lying about his age?

Reactions: jaffy27

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Here is one out of left field....any chance the Habs spend one of their late picks on Quinn Hutson? I know he is 22 but we have I think three 7th round picks...

Last edited:

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Now we will get a better sense of what is going to happen around the draft.

Can't wait for the push back against the noise that the Habs are very high on Sennecke.
Out of curiosity, who has said that recently? Are you going on the back end of the Basu comments ?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think Chicago will surprise us with their pick and it won't be Demidov.

What do you make of McCagg saying Levshunov is lying about his age?

Early winds are blowing that Chicago is going Levshunov.

And I think McCagg is incendiary and inflammatory when he doesn't like a kid that others are high on. It's not true.

Here is one out of left field....any chance the Habs spend one of their late picks on Quinn Hutson? I know he is 22 but we have I think three 7th round picks...

Doubt it as you have to sign him soon. They'll use late picks on guys in Europe or NCAA that they can wait 4 years on.

Out of curiosity, who has said that recently? Are you going on the back end of the Basu comments ?

Basu and Godin, Pronman etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad