GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
In my eyes, Dickinson is better then both Iginla/Sennecke so wouldn’t be mad
Lol Dickinson outscored Sennecke as a defensive dman. There’s some crazy dmen in this draft. I do like Senneckes tools and potential but it may hurt to take him over the best D still available when his stat line usually goes mid to late first round.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Will Silayev be there? I'm sure a bunch of teams will be very interested in meeting him

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol Dickinson outscored Sennecke as a defensive dman. There’s some crazy dmen in this draft. I do like Senneckes tools and potential but it may hurt to take him over the best D still available when his stat line usually goes mid to late first round.
And Olli Juolevi scored at the same pace as Jordan Kyrou in the same league in their draft years. How did that turn out exactly?

Numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt when you’re on the most stacked team in the OHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That kind of stuff happened 30 years ago but today? With the amount of information being shared I kinda doubt a top prospect could pull this off. It's not like Levshunov came from nowhere, there should be some kind of paper trail available on his development.
How many loopholes would you have to go through to pull this off? A fake birth certificate to obtain a fraudulent passport. A University that doesn’t double check these things. It’s just a stupid comment made by an attention seeker.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Yeah, I put my reactions in another thread.

Demidov I'm running around screaming like a maniac.
Lindstrom I'm jumping up and down.
Sennecke I'm fist pumping vigorously.
Iginla I'm giving a satisfied head nod.
Red observation I'll keep those points in mind because it seems like those are the gents which would be good on the Canadian

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Sennecke is now at 6' 9" ...:snide:

• Haha
Reactions: SwiftyHab

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
finally! I hope we start getting some juicy info flowing tomorrow!

its been a long couple weeks with not much going on... so, I need me some prospect gossip lol

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
And Olli Juolevi scored at the same pace as Jordan Kyrou in the same league in their draft years. How did that turn out exactly?

Numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt when you’re on the most stacked team in the OHL.
For sure. But would you have taken Kyrou at 5th overall in 2016? Players can certainly develop well after the draft and players can bust like Juolevi. For the record I don't think Sennecke is a bad pick at 5 at all, I didn't watch anything from the first half so his stat line is just a bit jarring to look at.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Even Dickinson and Buium I’ll be like « You know what, this guy is actually good ».

It’ll be hard to be disappointed in any choice this draft, contrary to last year where the top 4 were so freaking good that it was heartbreaking to pick at 5. Like finishing 4th at the Olympics.
And in 3 yrs we will be in awe of the genius that Hugo is as both Slaf and Rainmkr come out on top in both redrafts.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Good to know, his interviews with the prospects are always interesting.
finally! I hope we start getting some juicy info flowing tomorrow!

The funny part is after the combine last year Martineau made a top 10 players that the Habs could draft and Reinbacher wasn't even there.

When he was asked if the Habs could draft him he said no and that he (Reinbacher) was arrogant and a very bad interview.

Talk about sucking at reading the room. Cool that he's there but I'd not expect much from him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The funny part is after the combine last year Martineau made a top 10 players that the Habs could draft and Reinbacher wasn't even there.

When he was asked if the Habs could draft him he said no and that he (Reinbacher) was arrogant and a very bad interview.

I'd not expect much from him.

Basu and Godin had the Habs in on Reinbacher and Leonard.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023

Talk about sucking at reading the room. Cool that he's there but I'd not expect much from him.
I remember Martineau was pushing hard for Michkov and was downplaying Reinbacher.
His bias was obvious.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That kind of stuff happened 30 years ago but today? With the amount of information being shared I kinda doubt a top prospect could pull this off. It's not like Levshunov came from nowhere, there should be some kind of paper trail available on his development.
Ya, my son is born in Belarus, it’s pretty straight forward there, like here, if anything a little stricter, you can’t make fake Birth Certificates unless you’re part of Lukashenko’s entourage.

Like you said, the CCCP days are over, everyone has internet, it’s not happening.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

He didn't say Reinbacher was arrogant. He said the opposite pretty much (Reinbacher didn't try to sell himself, was soft, not engaged).

After seeing multiple Reinbacher interviews since, it's easy to notice that Reinbacher is just an extremely calm and humble person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad