GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That kind of stuff happened 30 years ago but today? With the amount of information being shared I kinda doubt a top prospect could pull this off. It's not like Levshunov came from nowhere, there should be some kind of paper trail available on his development.
In Russia/Belarus? Putin's official age is 25.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Brilliant minds think alike. Levshunov is also intriguing
Even Dickinson and Buium I’ll be like « You know what, this guy is actually good ».

It’ll be hard to be disappointed in any choice this draft, contrary to last year where the top 4 were so freaking good that it was heartbreaking to pick at 5. Like finishing 4th at the Olympics.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Here is one out of left field....any chance the Habs spend one of their late picks on Quinn Hutson? I know he is 22 but we have I think three 7th round picks...
Quinn Hutson is too old to be eligible for the NHL draft. He has actually accepted an invitation to the Leafs development camp.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We got crap information at this event last year like nothing. It seems a little early too considering the Memorial Cup is still playing. Dickinson obviously can't participate this week.

Anyways, hopefully the event has more coverage this year.
Only Anthony Martineau went last year, all the others were following the NHL playoffs. And Martineau was more interested in interviewing the kids than gathering rumors. He already talked to like every kids this year, so I'm not sure if he's going.

We had the best stuff when Basu went in 2022. He's the real gossip.

As for the Memorial Cup, the final is on June 2nd and while the Combine start on that day, the first day is the "player arrival day" and there is no tests/interviews. And players coming off a recent competition can op-out of the physical tests.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
We got crap information at this event last year like nothing. It seems a little early too considering the Memorial Cup is still playing. Dickinson obviously can't participate this week.

Anyways, hopefully the event has more coverage this year.
It is not as if the draft is next Friday, the NHL could have just as easily held the combine next weekend. Why compete for attention with the Memorial Cup and missing the players involved in it.

A further example of stupid NHL marketing, and I why they rank so low amongst the other Sports leagues.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Only Anthony Martineau went last year, all the others were following the NHL playoffs. And Martineau was more interested in interviewing the kids than gathering rumors. He already talked to like every kids this year, so I'm not sure if he's going.

We had the best stuff when Basu went in 2022. He's the real gossip.

As for the Memorial Cup, the final is on June 2nd and while the Combine start on that day, the first day is the "player arrival day" and there is no tests/interviews. And players coming off a recent competition can op-out of the physical tests.
Martineau is going he already said it. He has interviews set with some top prospects.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It is not as if the draft is next Friday, the NHL could have just as easily held the combine next weekend. Why compete for attention with the Memorial Cup and missing the players involved in it.

A further example of stupid NHL marketing, and I why they rank so low amongst the other Sports leagues.
Combine is all week. The memorial cup is done tomorrow.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Even Dickinson and Buium I’ll be like « You know what, this guy is actually good ».

It’ll be hard to be disappointed in any choice this draft, contrary to last year where the top 4 were so freaking good that it was heartbreaking to pick at 5. Like finishing 4th at the Olympics.
In my eyes, Dickinson is better then both Iginla/Sennecke so wouldn’t be mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad