GDT: NHL 2023 Entry Draft - Day 2/First Round complete, Rounds 2-7 June 29, 2023; 11:00 a.m. Eastern

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

There’s really no excuse if we don’t get a top tier RD man with this firepower now. Absolutely love that Benson fell to us but we now need to address the hole and not just put someone with with Power that is serviceable.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

There’s really no excuse if we don’t get a top tier RD man with this firepower now. Absolutely love that Benson fell to us but we now need to address the hole and not just put someone with with Power that is serviceable.

As we saw yesterday with multiple GMs wanting to move up and nothing getting done, it takes two to tango.

It will likely come down to how long Adams's list of untouchables is.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
As we saw yesterday with multiple GMs wanting to move up and nothing getting done, it takes two to tango.

Agree it takes 2 to tango but nobody else in the league is primed better than us to offer an enticing package

Ostlund (even though I really want to keep him), Rosen, Neuchev, others, 2024 1st should all be in play imo. I would say even Krebs even though he falls into Ostlund territory for me could be included in this list. We’re just too stacked, and it’s likely that we still get some solid forwards in the coming drafts as well.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Agree it takes 2 to tango but nobody else in the league is primed better than us to offer an enticing package
When it comes to prospects that have already been drafted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Teams that have D to move may not value the prospects the Sabres have. Especially the guys that the Sabres might be more willing to move like Ostlund and Rosen.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
When it comes to prospects that have already been drafted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Teams that have D to move may not value the prospects the Sabres have. Especially the guys that the Sabres might be more willing to move like Ostlund and Rosen.
I edited my post to be more specific and I agree, I’m just hoping with 31 other partners something nice can form

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I edited my post to be more specific and I agree, I’m just hoping with 31 other partners something nice can form
I get it. Everyone wants Adams to make moves, especially to add a top 4 D.

But, we also have no idea what other GMs want and who is realistically available.

Adams was frustrated that Arizona wouldn't talk about Chychrun without Savoie or Kulich going the other way. Perhaps that is a sticking point that is an issue this summer, as well.

:dunno:

Reactions: Zman5778

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
banging the table for 2nd year eligible lw sutter muzzatti. just finished his freshman year at rpi. anytime in the 5th or later.

great size at over 6'5" 220+. moves very well and is good at finding open space. sees the ice well and is a creative passer. the coaching staff loves him and speaks highly of his character and work ethic. things clicked for him after the xmas break with 5+9 in 18 games. in my few viewings this season he was very noticeable, especially later in the season. he was always open or had the puck in space, which isn't as easy for a player that large.

there is plenty of runway here, well worth a late pick. appert still has connections at rpi, he'll have heard great things. longshot i know, but there is something special about this kid.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

I get it. Everyone wants Adams to make moves, especially to add a top 4 D.

But, we also have no idea what other GMs want and who is realistically available.

Adams was frustrated that Arizona wouldn't talk about Chychrun without Savoie or Kulich going the other way. Perhaps that is a sticking point that is an issue this summer, as well.

:dunno:

I wonder why Mitchkov just wanted to be a Flyer

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I'm still amazed Benson fell to us. Arizona had two chances to pick him and their small fan base will remember that fact for years to come.

I think all 3 defenseman were a bit of a reach. I had Reinbacher 7th, Simashev 11th, Willander 16th and Gulyayev 20th so he wasnt a reach. Then 8 defensemen between 22 and 36.

So much forward talent in this draft it worked out for us.

Last edited:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
alright, I just read all the Akey game reports from EP. Number 1 target at 39. Wouldn't hate it of Kev trades up for him.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Kevyn,

Nice pick with Benson. Please ask him to change his haircut though. We can’t have a generation of kids in WNY with mullets. My son already asked. The answer was no.

There’s lots of talent left. Now would be the time to retain 50% on Victor and get an additional pick. 30 goal scorers at $2.5M is a good deal.

Thanks!
I feel like American HS hockey players have already adopted the mullet. It's coming!

• Haha
Reactions: Der Jaeger

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Ohhhh, we should start a thread on this. My list of 22 and under damn near untouchables would be:

Cozens (core piece)
Power (core piece)
Quinn (I view him like I viewed Cozens before last season. He'll likely be a game wrecker)
Savoie
Kulich
Levi
Benson

Peterka would take a lot to pry from my hands. Krebs is a tier below him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad