GDT: SCF | V | "Big Game Hunting" | Oilers @ Panthers | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Tonight is their toughest challenge. If they win tonight game 6 will be absolutely bananas at home which should give them a ton of energy. Then it comes down to 1 game that's a coin flip.
100%
What also works in the Oilers favour is that if it comes down to a game 7 coin flip the Oilers will have already played 3 games with that approach.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Bear down here fellas. We are the best team on earth when our goalie plays to an average level and our defencemen mitigate mistakes. The rest takes care of itself.

Reactions: Dieseloil

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Reading his entire comment, that's a pretty weak way to read a "guarantee". Every player goes into a game expecting to win especially a game as critical as this.
I disagree. How do you interpret that anyway else? If McDavid said “We have a chance to bring the series back to Edmonton and we’re gonna do that.” That’s a statement and you bet that would raise a few eye brows. That’s just saying “we will win tonight” in different words.

Reactions: elmeroil

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Didn't a Ranger call a win earlier in the playoffs and lost? Gets pretty old, no one can guarantee a win and that's just a dumb thing to say. Mess was the one exception because he did it once, backed it up and made history. Anyone else doing it now is pretty meaningless.
This is perfect. :nod:

Reactions: elmeroil

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
We are going to see the same Panther team we saw in game 2. Have the Oilers learned enough about springing guys on a fast breakout and driving hard to their blue paint? Or will they try and pass it into the net all night? Tactics and drive. We need both. Plus some luck! LFG boys!

Reactions: Biltmore

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Said it earlier in the playoffs, but just not nervous about the games or the outcome this play off year. The deeper they go the more at peace I feel.

This group seems to have “it”.

PS - I also checked my pulse and yes, it’s still beating.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hoping for the Oilers to extend the season, but really worried if the Oilers can do what they did in game 4 on that sloppy bad Florida ice.

May be a style of game that favors the Panthers, as we saw earlier, when the Oilers can't wheel, they defer.

We're due to win a close game, hope it's tonight.

The shit ice of the southern teams is something that just doesn't get enough press. Could you imagine the NFL or FIFA allowing a team to always have a wet and muddy field during the playoffs? If they can't have good ice, they shouldn't have a franchise, full stop.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
The shit ice of the southern teams is something that just doesn't get enough press. Could you imagine the NFL or FIFA allowing a team to always have a wet and muddy field during the playoffs? If they can't have good ice, they shouldn't have a franchise, full stop.
I could imagine FIFA doing anything as long as they were paid enough

Also I forgot who recommended Kelly’s to watch the Euros, but that was a great shout they have good Guinness in here

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I want to score in the first 5 minutes.....but not some beauty bar down goal. I want Bob to let in an absolute stinker so he can think about it for the rest of the period and game. He's a head case.....we've cracked him. No we split him wide open!!!

C'mon boys!!

Reactions: Biltmore and frag2

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Said it earlier in the playoffs, but just not nervous about the games or the outcome this play off year. The deeper they go the more at peace I feel.

This group seems to have “it”.

PS - I also checked my pulse and yes, it’s still beating.
This is the best I've felt about a team in the Mcdrai era. Win or lose this series, it seems we've found the recipe for this team to remain a contender for the coming future at least. All the next GM has to do is upgrade on Ceci, Skinner, and add a top 6 forward. Knoblauch's coaching, Broberg and Holloway's emergence, the continued growth of RNH and Hyman, this team is set to have multiple runs at the cup as long as we can keep 29+97, which is looking encouraging according to Seravalli.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
This is the best I've felt about a team in the Mcdrai era. Win or lose this series, it seems we've found the recipe for this team to remain a contender for the coming future at least. All the next GM has to do is upgrade on Ceci, Skinner, and add a top 6 forward. Knoblauch's coaching, Broberg and Holloway's emergence, the continued growth of RNH and Hyman, this team is set to have multiple runs at the cup as long as we can keep 29+97, which is looking encouraging according to Seravalli.
I felt that Drai was 75% out the door. If 97 and 29 both re-sign, I will be doing cartwheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad