NHL 16 player overalls predictions thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
O.V.E.R.R.A.T.E.D for me

Datsyuk is good (I'd place him at 89 ovr) but Voracek is better (I hate the flyers)
Voracek is completely better offensively and Datsyuk is better defensively. Plus, Datsyuk is old so Ive expected regress in his case.

It's your opinion but Datsyuk at 93 is ********

And this is why I don't post here.

1. Stats are not everything. Datsyuk is one of the hardest players to play agisnst. (Players say so themselves) It's about winning hockey games, not just putting up points. Datsyuk puts offense last when he plays.

2. Datsyuk at age 36 put up a better point per game last year then Voracek so you make no sense what so ever

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I never said he wasn't a top 20 player. I do think that he is regressing and is going to not be a top 20 player this year. I could also easily pick 20 players I would have over him NOW (Purely value and age). And by your logic that must mean Jaromir Jagr is better than Crosby because he has better career stats (more points) right? Now to really show that your are wrong that Datsyuk is the best player, listen to this, in 887 games, Datsyuk has 869 points which is still good. Now in 627 games, Crosby has 853 points. Even if you were going by career stats between the two Crosby still has had the better career. I only did Crosby vs. Datsyuk because Crosbu is the best player in the NHL and you said Datsyuk is the best so thats that. Now back to you, inform me who these players are who said that Pavel was the best player.

I agree Crosby is the better hockey player. I said you could make an argument for PAv. Also what's with people and thinking whoever puts up the most points is the better player. We all know hockey is about way more then that. If you actually watched allot of games you would see how good Pavel Datsyuk really is. He was RUSSIAS best player hands down at the olimpics while playing on one leg. He looked like he could barely skate.. And when he got back from Sochi his leg was so bad detriot shut him down for the year. The hate / Lack of recognition for PAVEL is ridiculous. They guy is a super star. Anybody in the NHL would say the same.

Evgeni McCrosby*

And this is why I don't post here.

1. Stats are not everything. Datsyuk is one of the hardest players to play agisnst. (Players say so themselves) It's about winning hockey games, not just putting up points. Datsyuk puts offense last when he plays.

2. Datsyuk at age 36 put up a better point per game last year then Voracek so you make no sense what so ever

Excuse me if im not thinking like u but for me Datsyuk is OVERRATED

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
Since it was announced that you can edit overalls and potentials, would anyone want to work on a overhauled ratings system? Something with more disparity perhaps? I like having a big difference between playing with a Superstar and average players, the superstars should dominate most of the time.

Examples of tiers: (6 F 4 D 2G)

Tier 1 - Superstar players, 90-99
Crosby 96
Ovi 95
Tavares 93
Stamkos 93
Kane/Toews 92

Doughty 94
Keith 93
Weber 92
Karlsson 92

Price 94
Lundqvist 93

Tier 2 - All star caliber players, not a legit Superstar 86-89

Bergeron 89
Nash 89
Tarasenko 88
Seguin 88
Couture 87
RNH 86

Hedman 89
Josi - 88
Seabrook 87
Letang 86

Bishop 88
Bobrovsky 87

Tier 3 - Top 6, Top 4, good starting G 80-85

Stepan 85
Turris 85
Ladd 84
Saad 83
JVR 82
Soderbeg 80

Hamilton 85
Sekera 84
Goligoski 83
Seidenberg 81

Crawford 84
Halak 82

Tier 4 - Bottom 6, bottom pairing, backup G 75-79

Kelly 77
Bolland 77
Ott 76
Eller 79
Boyle 78
Campbell 75

Gleason 78
Jackman 77
Ference 76
Stuart 76

Enroth 78
Johnson 76

Tier 5 - 13th F/7th D, AHL quality - 74 and below

Should be self explanatory.

This was just a 1st draft I kind of just banged it out quick, they can definitely be tweaked. Here's an example of a roster with these ratings:

Schwartz (85) - Lehtera (82) - Tarasenko (88)
Steen (85) - Stastny (83) - Backes (84)
Jaskin (77) - Berglund (78) - Brouwer (80)
Ott (76) - Brodziak (76) - Reaves (75)

Bouwmeester (83) - Pietrangelo (89)
Gunnarsson (81) - Shattenkirk (88)
Lindbohm (76) - Bortuzzo (77)

Elliot (83)
Allen (82)

If anyone is interested PM me, would be easier to split it a few ways.

I would be interested! It would help answer some questions I have about the ratings for NHL'ers and prospects.

Such as:

Huge point producers such as: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Toews, Datzyuk, Giroux, Taraves, Backstrom are some of the most absolute elite players of the game, how high should they be rated into the 90's?

Should others (recent booms) such as: Seguin, Voracek
,Tarasenko, Tyler Johnson, Ryan Johanson, Kucherov, etc be considered within that elite and just how how should they be rated?

Narrowing out (what should be a separate ratings system for prospects our rating system to catorigize high end prospects ratings and potentials

Ex. Recent mega picks such as: McDavid, Eichel, and Ekblad... how high should they be rated coming into the league? 80-84 ovr with 4-5 G? Or 86-90 with 4-5 Y?

Other prospects who are highly touted by still on cusp of cracking such as: Strome, Marner, Hafifin, Crouse, Rienhart, DriounDrioun, Elhers, Dall Colle, Bennett. How high should these guys be rated? 65-70 ovr with 4G or 72-77 ovr with 4 Y?

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
My prediction: Most of the overalls will be ridiculously high and BAGM will continue to have a steady talent drop-off as the years pass as a result.

Remember when EA had this plan of creating a distinct gap in talent (65-95 overall for NHL players) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when they were promoting NHL 13? It didn't take them long to completely abandon that ...

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
O.V.E.R.R.A.T.E.D for me

Datsyuk is good (I'd place him at 89 ovr) but Voracek is better (I hate the flyers)
Voracek is completely better offensively and Datsyuk is better defensively. Plus, Datsyuk is old so Ive expected regress in his case.

It's your opinion but Datsyuk at 93 is ********

Ridiculous things to say.

Evgeni McCrosby*

Overrated? Guy that was picked in 6th round and is still PPG while being 37 years old? C'mon

Ya Datsyuk is very good but insanely overrated by you guys....
In my opinion he is not a top 5 player like you seems think he is.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Ryan Suter has been dropped to 87 overall. I think he was overrated at 92 but he deserves a 89.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Ya Datsyuk is very good but insanely overrated by you guys....
In my opinion he is not a top 5 player like you seems think he is.

Are you just jelous that Datsyuk is still amazing at age 37 and that detriot is about to make the playoffs for the 25th straight year? I don't say Crosby sucks cause he doesnt. So what's with the Datsyuk hate?

Evgeni McCrosby*

Are you just jelous that Datsyuk is still amazing at age 37 and that detriot is about to make the playoffs for the 25th straight year? I don't say Crosby sucks cause he doesnt. So what's with the Datsyuk hate?

No im not jealous, Datsyuk is amazing but I expect that EA will regress him because he is old. I expect him to be a 91 but I think EA will place him at 90. That's what I think....

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
They need to tone down the stats in this game. Too many players wit high ratings

Crosby 95
Oveckin 93
stamkos 91
D.Sedin 87
Zetterberg 87
Hall / eberle 83

That would be more realistic.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
:nashville

Neal (88) - Ribiero (86) - Forsberg (87)
Wilson (84) - Fisher (85) - Smith (85)
Fiala (77) - Hodgson (81) - Jarnkrok (79)
Nystrom (79) - Gaustad (82) - Bourque (79)
Watson (77) / Moses (78)

Josi (87) - Weber (92)
Jackman (81) - Jones (84)
Ekholm (81) - Ellis (83)
Bartley (79)

Rinne (92)
Hutton (80)

I agree mostly. Ribeiro should be 87, altho I think your prediction is what his oa will be.
Smith (86), Josi (89)

Few others deserves a higher oa, but won't get it.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
FIne. Hall can have 85. And that is being fair. Tell me, what have they ever acomplished to deserve more? Also, i repat myself: Ratings needs to be toned down.
oh idk. maybe that one is a TOP 3 LW in the NHL, and is consistently PPG when healthy and the other is top 20 in NHL scoring the past 4 NHL seasons about being top 10 RW?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad