***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Roster Update From The DEV on the Ea Forums

Pretty much sums it up and saying there will be no NHL updated Rosters this year.
This is a lie though.
Daniel Audette, the 1st overall pick in the most recent QMJHL draft, was in NHL 13 before he had ever played his first QMJHL game.

And "sometimes players slip through"?
More like whole leagues.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I miss the days when EA developed the NHL-series for the computer. There is such limited capacity to have a creative, user-modified community with the series as it is for gaming platforms. Editability of players, teams and graphics is purposefully limited and what you can edit is entirely cumbersome.

I know that the casual fan doesn't care but a lot of us here do. Hopefully FHM lives up to its promise it provides the more hardcore NHL fans a more realistic, immersive GM-ing experience.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Ok guy.

It installs the game data to the hard drive when you choose that option on the 360. On the PS3 it does it when you first fire up any game.
You can't install games on the PS3 hard drive.

It puts some game data on there, but the whole thing is not installed on the hard drive.

NICKD

I miss the days when EA developed the NHL-series for the computer. There is such limited capacity to have a creative, user-modified community with the series as it is for gaming platforms. Editability of players, teams and graphics is purposefully limited and what you can edit is entirely cumbersome.

I know that the casual fan doesn't care but a lot of us here do. Hopefully FHM lives up to its promise it provides the more hardcore NHL fans a more realistic, immersive GM-ing experience.

https://www.facebook.com/FranchiseHockeyManager

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA

It's exciting...I will say it sounds like the entire game is going to be very much a work in progress even after the initial release. So I'm not expecting an OOTP13 or Footy Manager level game off the bat. But these guys are dedicated and OOTP is for my money a hugely addicitive and endlessly editable gaming exerience so I expect FHM to be a success.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Is by any chance the "owner draft pick" also reversed? Because I put authentic, and somehow Columbus doesn't have either La's or New York's first round pick. and everyone in the '12 draft had their own pick in the first round.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
The PS3 installs all games to the HDD.
It installs however much the developers choose. Whether its 2mb, half the disc, the entire thing, etc. On the Xbox you can install any and all game discs you throw in it, in full.

In NHLs case, if it installs anything, its not the full disc. Not even close.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Boy, they are super proud that they fixed a mistake that was a year old.
They sent a care package to Moroz:
EdmOilKings Thanks to @EASPORTSNHL added @NHL_Oilers @MitchMoroz + sent along a nice care package too! #ThatsPro #Classy pic.twitter.com/pChrbNKl
PPti8.jpg
http://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/status/250635319949524992

EdmOilKings Contents of that care package courtesy @EASPORTSNHL NHL13 Madden13 + Fifa13 and a new lid. pic.twitter.com/hOIK4dVA
EdyH2.jpg
http://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/status/250637157650272256

What about the hundreds of other players not in the game?
That'd cost a fortune.

NICKD

wow talk about a waste of time. Instead of sending care packages they could have used their resources and actually listen to the community to have fixed the rosters in the first place. This was supposed to be fixed last year.

I think EA needs to open their eyes and hire a new Roster Dev member because clearly this guy they have sucks.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
If you create a player born, say, in october 1994 (like Jones), YOU HAVE to have him listed as being drafted in 2012, even if his birthday is after the deadline.

That's dumb. You can't even set a created player as 'undrafted'.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Okay, this is the first time in 10 years I haven't gotten the game upon release, since I don't have time to play it at the moment.

Is there anything else besides the skating that is a clear improvement over 12? I only play offline Be a GM so couldn't care less about improvements in other areas besides this mode, the presentation and the actual gameplay.

1. Be a GM: Practically the same, waivers needs to be turned off to have a realistic experience and contracts seem even more ridiculous than in 12...

2. Even less ability to edit players, making you have to create instead of edit players who just have the wrong handedness. In 12 they removed the ability to change player types and now they removed even more things. There should be MORE ways to edit the game each year, not less! This is unacceptable.

3. Presentation has the new broadcast cam, anything else? Even shorter breaks between whistles, again something that is reversed from what it should be if you want a more immersive game.

4. Even less penalties than 12? See above.

5. Superhuman goalies who save high percentage chances 9 times out of 10 but let in softies, how is this better than before?

6. Unrealistic hitting physics.

7. Nerfed vision control that is replaced with ability to skate backwards in an unrealistic manner (who does this in real life?).

8. New player potential system that look promising at first but seems to be flawed or possibly bugged. Some players randomly become superstars while others don't develop at all. Like every time EA introduces something new, they either over or under do it.

Anything else that's different that I've missed?

Give me a reason to buy this game.

Morei

Feb 22, 2009
Okay, this is the first time in 10 years I haven't gotten the game upon release, since I don't have time to play it at the moment.

Is there anything else besides the skating that is a clear improvement over 12? I only play offline Be a GM so couldn't care less about improvements in other areas besides this mode, the presentation and the actual gameplay.

1. Be a GM: Practically the same, waivers needs to be turned off to have a realistic experience and contracts seem even more ridiculous than in 12...

2. Even less ability to edit players, making you have to create instead of edit players who just have the wrong handedness. In 12 they removed the ability to change player types and now they removed even more things. There should be MORE ways to edit the game each year, not less! This is unacceptable.

3. Presentation has the new broadcast cam, anything else? Even shorter breaks between whistles, again something that is reversed from what it should be if you want a more immersive game.

4. Even less penalties than 12? See above.

5. Superhuman goalies who save high percentage chances 9 times out of 10 but let in softies, how is this better than before?

6. Unrealistic hitting physics.

7. Nerfed vision control that is replaced with ability to skate backwards in an unrealistic manner (who does this in real life?).

8. New player potential system that look promising at first but seems to be flawed or possibly bugged. Some players randomly become superstars while others don't develop at all. Like every time EA introduces something new, they either over or under do it.

Anything else that's different that I've missed?

Give me a reason to buy this game.

You can hip check players into the fans. That's a great reason to buy the game. :sarcasm:

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
8. New player potential system that look promising at first but seems to be flawed or possibly bugged. Some players randomly become superstars while others don't develop at all. Like every time EA introduces something new, they either over or under do it

That strikes me as extremely realistic.

What would the "Potential" ratings be for guys like: Brett Lindros, Jesse Niinimaki, A.J. Thelan, Jeff Heerema, Rico Fata, Alek Stojanov, Hugh Jessiman, Lars Jonsson, Alexander Svitov, Brian Finley, Jason Bonsignore, Patrik Stefan, Pavel Brendl, Alexandre Daigle or Radek Bonk?

And what would the potential ratings be for: Evgeni Nabokov, Pavol Demitra (9th round), Henrik Zetterberg, Henrik Lundqvist (7th round), Martin St. Louis, John Madden, Brian Rafalski, Jason Blake (Undrafted) ?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Even if it is slow GM connect is definitely worth the 60 bucks, but some of the mistakes are just amazingly bad.

(1) Is the complete bullcrap of the GM brain. It has potential, but it has no idea of loyalty and how the rebuilding clubs want to trade away their faces of the franchise and how the contenders want to trade away their top draft picks for depth players.

(2) I never seen so many teams offering their 1st to me. No seriously one season I could have had 9 first rounders and majority of these are not even in the 20s.

(3) Detroit trades Datsyuk to Buffalo for Luke Adam and scrubs. Rangers trade 5 picks to Tampa Bay for Martin St. Louis.

(4) some of the small detail like Goethe goalers masks don't update when switching teams. How Anaheim doesn't sign Perry and Getzlaf. How Crosby gets put on waivers.

I don't care if ea ever fixes this, but let the commissioner in GM connect and Offline GM accept or deny these trades because they are so damn brutal.

(5) so many teams a offseason signing other RFA players. How times have we seen this in the last ten years or so? Probably less than 10 times where in my league CPUs have sign other RFAs 15 including Stepan and McDoughy from the rangers. Also I would like to see a whole new scouting and prospect system. Something like FIFA how you can hire scouts and send them to individual leagues across the world and based on playing time, development, and potential determines how well a prospect evolves to a star.

I don't mind seeing star players being traded, but justify the trade like in FIFA and how the star players are not happy with their team. And mechanisms bring life to the players. Overall this game has great potential, but not enough time to test it for these minor and stupid mistakes which make the game almost unplayable.

What this game needs (and desperately needs) is a title update which improves the trades, biggest fault so far. Also ea should probably delay the game by one or two weeks to make a roster update when the game is released and majority of the CHL players have already played a game.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
"Most realistic hockey game out there"
So glad I just picked up 12 for $25 at gamestop.
You realize NHL 12 had the exact same issue in the first month, right? It'll get fixed in NHL 13, too.
That strikes me as extremely realistic.

What would the "Potential" ratings be for guys like: Brett Lindros, Jesse Niinimaki, A.J. Thelan, Jeff Heerema, Rico Fata, Alek Stojanov, Hugh Jessiman, Lars Jonsson, Alexander Svitov, Brian Finley, Jason Bonsignore, Patrik Stefan, Pavel Brendl, Alexandre Daigle or Radek Bonk?

And what would the potential ratings be for: Evgeni Nabokov, Pavol Demitra (9th round), Henrik Zetterberg, Henrik Lundqvist (7th round), Martin St. Louis, John Madden, Brian Rafalski, Jason Blake (Undrafted) ?
No doubt, huh? I always hated how reliably players would progress/decline in past NHL games. Unpredictability is far more realistic than last year's system of constant growth until approximately age 34 then rapid decline ...

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
What this game needs (and desperately needs) is a title update which improves the trades, biggest fault so far. Also ea should probably delay the game by one or two weeks to make a roster update when the game is released and majority of the CHL players have already played a game.
As I pointed out before, there are numerous CHL rookies on the expansion Sherbrooke Phoenix (since they couldn't copy and paste an old roster for a brand new team) and they were in the game prior to ever playing a CHL game.

The rule is either made up or there are no consequences for breaking it.
They simply don't care about the accuracy of CHL rosters, hence why I found 82 required changes after going through four teams.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
If you create a player born, say, in october 1994 (like Jones), YOU HAVE to have him listed as being drafted in 2012, even if his birthday is after the deadline.

That's dumb. You can't even set a created player as 'undrafted'.

Wait, so if you create Jones accurately, he isn't even eligible to be drafted?

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
You realize NHL 12 had the exact same issue in the first month, right? It'll get fixed in NHL 13, too.
No doubt, huh? I always hated how reliably players would progress/decline in past NHL games. Unpredictability is far more realistic than last year's system of constant growth until approximately age 34 then rapid decline ...

I think there should be TRENDS in who develops and who doesn't. And if you can identify it, you're a good GM. Like real life.

For example, a lot of games with prospects have EVERY rating start low and climb, which is highly unrealistic. I think O/D awareness (and speed) should start relatively close to their final results. Players CAN become better at those things, but they don't go from "45" to "90." They go from "45" to "60" or "75" to "90."

If they made it so that someone with horrible awareness probably won't develop as quick, as much, etc, That'd be an acceptable way of doing it. Along with height/weight modifiers, etc.

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think there should be TRENDS in who develops and who doesn't. And if you can identify it, you're a good GM. Like real life.

For example, a lot of games with prospects have EVERY rating start low and climb, which is highly unrealistic. I think O/D awareness (and speed) should start relatively close to their final results. Players CAN become better at those things, but they don't go from "45" to "90." They go from "45" to "60" or "75" to "90."

If they made it so that someone with horrible awareness probably won't develop as quick, as much, etc, That'd be an acceptable way of doing it. Along with height/weight modifiers, etc.

Players mature with age, hence better senses.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey

I'd say that wouldn't work out too well because once one person cracks the code, Be a GM is super easy to build top notch teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad