NFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Nick Sirianni is the biggest idiot of a coach I've ever seen. Why would you go for a passing play there.. Rush the ball twice, tush push to the 1st down and kneel out to end the game. Instead they kick a FG and lose the game. Absolute moron of a coach
NFL is starting to have QB and Head Coach issue. That was stupid game calling, Lions did it too, again.

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

No shock there. Young is destined for the CFL at some point.
I don't even know that he could play in the CFL. Guy can't even play at any sort of decent level at the game he grew up playing and understanding. Now throw new rules?
Something to be said about staying in College. This new generation leaves as soon as they can. Wonder if Arch Manning is going to leave soon?
Honestly I don't know where Manning ranks right now if the draft was tomorrow, but he might be better leaving early if it means being a later draft pick and going to a good team. A team that doesn't need him right now, that can sit him on the sidelines learning.

I know playing longer in college is probably better, but won't that be erased if he goes to a shit club and is expected to be their saviour?

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Really don't think it's a QB issue as much as it's a coaching/management/ownership lack of knowledge when developing QB's.

Too much of a win now league
Right, the QBs are leaving college earlier, that is their choice. Many are showing up with only one season as a fulltime starter. And how many are getting these guaranteed juicy contracts? There is more to it than just development.

Coaches are changed out too frequently, how many different HCs and OCs did Fields have in Chicago? More common unfortunately.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

No shock there. Young is destined for the CFL at some point.

Today I learned Andy Dalton is still playing pro football...lol.

I was a Panthers fan for 20 years, but drafting Young over Stroud was the last straw and I jumped ship and made the Texans my team. I've been very pleased with this decision so far. How did people who are paid money to scout football players possibly believe Young was better than Stroud?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I was a Panthers fan for 20 years, but drafting Young over Stroud was the last straw and I jumped ship and made the Texans my team. I've been very pleased with this decision so far. How did people who are paid money to scout football players possibly believe Young was better than Stroud?
I heard rumblings the owner wanted him, not sure if true or not.

And yes it wasn't today, but on Sunday I learned Dalton was still around.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
you called the Week 1 win a "fluke", which I completely disagree with...it was a very solid win on the road against a playoff team from last year

and yeah, no one saw this coming...I mean other than you I guess
I don't recall anyone saying they'd get pumped by 20 against the Saints
I think you're missing the point. Other contenders lost this last week. It was an upset special kind of week, But they all lost in tight games, either with a minute or so to go, or even last play of the game. It's going to happen, you can't win 'em all. The Dallas game was over at halftime. That's a special kind of ass kicking. And as a huge Dallas fan, I find that VERY concerning. With them getting pumped by a young Jordan Love and Green Bay team at home last year in a playoff game, I don't think anyone should be surprised they can come up with another stinker. They had issues before, but losing Dan Quinn is going to hurt, not to mention Bland.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

Said the same to my son about Dalton. Maybe thats what I should do about the Bears!!

I heard rumblings the owner wanted him, not sure if true or not.

And yes it wasn't today, but on Sunday I learned Dalton was still around.
Thats what it was, a rich owner sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. Heard that before, worked for one year for Jones, hasn't worked for Katz yet but probably didn't matter who they drafted in the Yak draft.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Travis has looked rather slow for the first few games. A keg a day habit for 7 months gets tough to shed.

I get the feeling that both the Chiefs and the girlfriend are going to come to the same conclusion within the next 12 months.....time to move on to something younger with more potential.

No problem for Trav though, he can pick up his PHD in radio astronomy when he has more time on his hands.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Travis has looked rather slow for the first few games. A keg a day habit for 7 months gets tough to shed.

I get the feeling that both the Chiefs and the girlfriend are going to come to the same conclusion within the next 12 months.....time to move on to something younger with more potential.

No problem for Trav though, he can pick up his PHD in radio astronomy when he has more time on his hands.
In all fairness there were some brief talks of him retiring this past off-season, but I think going for the three peat is what is keeping him around now.

It's also only week 2 so I won't get too worried if I were a Chiefs fan.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Lots of opinions on Bryce Young.

Personally I'm a bit leery about taking an Alabama QB because of all the elite skill surround them. I think it can have an inflation factor in assessing their pure ability at the most difficult position. Second, I'd not necessarily throw blue chip assets on a small run/pass QB. However I totally feel there is organizational accountability always as well to put their young QB's in positions to succeed. QB graveyard franchises like the Jets and Browns are two examples that keep drafting QBs with high picks to flame out and move out to repeating cycles.

Mel Kiper raises some valid questions around the Carolina franchise that's spinning its wheels:
Quarterbacks leaving college early and not putting together deep, sustained experience leaves them vulnerable in a pro league that doesn't have time for development. Get the reps in school and be fully prepared mentally for the huge next step jump to pro.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Personally I'm a bit leery about taking an Alabama QB because of all the elite skill surround them. I think it can have an inflation factor in assessing their pure ability at the most difficult position. Second, I'd not necessarily throw blue chip assets on a small run/pass QB. However I totally feel there is organizational accountability always as well to put their young QB's in positions to succeed. QB graveyard franchises like the Jets and Browns are two examples that keep drafting QBs with high picks to flame out and move out to repeating cycles.

Mel Kiper raises some valid questions around the Carolina franchise that's spinning its wheels:
Quarterbacks leaving college early and not putting together deep, sustained experience leaves them vulnerable in a pro league that doesn't have time for development. Get the reps in school and be fully prepared mentally for the huge next step jump to pro.
You aren’t wrong but at of the day there are advisors that push these guys to go pro and get money while they can. One injury in college could costs a guy millions.

Just a broken system all around

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
You aren’t wrong but at of the day there are advisors that push these guys to go pro and get money while they can. One injury in college could costs a guy millions.

Just a broken system all around
Yup, I totally get that. We're talking about life changing money and I don't begrudge anyone jumping at the financial security for themselves and family. Maybe with the corrupt NCAA system now being forced into NIL money to players it could provide a bridge for some to delay declaring for pro (doubt it ... but maybe).

The old NFL development model at least provided a chance to watch and learn the position through a tough transition to the pro game. Interesting to see how Atlanta fares with their QB system of big name/guaranteed salary established guy followed by taking Pennix in the first round. Green Bay seemed to get their QB development right though not without ruffling Rodger's feathers with the Love pick.

Specific to Carolina, there's a lot of accountability to go around. Same with the erratic Jets and Browns franchises. And just maybe the Bears have finally found stability.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yup, I totally get that. We're talking about life changing money and I don't begrudge anyone jumping at the financial security for themselves and family. Maybe with the corrupt NCAA system now being forced into NIL money to players it could provide a bridge for some to delay declaring for pro (doubt it ... but maybe).

The old NFL development model at least provided a chance to watch and learn the position through a tough transition to the pro game. Interesting to see how Atlanta fares with their QB system of big name/guaranteed salary established guy followed by taking Pennix in the first round. Green Bay seemed to get their QB development right though not without ruffling Rodger's feathers with the Love pick.

Specific to Carolina, there's a lot of accountability to go around. Same with the erratic Jets and Browns franchises. And just maybe the Bears have finally found stability.
I still don’t know if love is the guy, but that’s how qbs need to be brought along.

How teams think they can just fire a rookie in at the most important position baffles me. Like drafting a goalie and starting him in nhl at 18. Not a recipe for success

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

He didn't look that great in the regular season last year either, but provided enough in the playoffs to help them win. I think he'll be fine.

There are not a lot of CJ Stroud's around that can flourish and take to the pro game almost immediately. And he too, will likely experience some bumps and twists in the next while.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I still don’t know if love is the guy, but that’s how qbs need to be brought along.

How teams think they can just fire a rookie in at the most important position baffles me. Like drafting a goalie and starting him in nhl at 18. Not a recipe for success
The QB position is so complex. Have to have strong technical skills, acute mental processor to make quick decisions and a whole heap of resilience, grit and coping abilities, then add expected leadership responsibilities layered on top. Add that so many are drafted into poor organizations.

I don't know about Love. Just that the Green Bay model has worked effectively. Curious to see how Atlanta balances their win now QB and future guy picked as first round talent. We know what doesn't work looking at retread organizations drafting and spitting out high pedigree QB's.

Agree with your pov.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The QB position is so complex. Have to have strong technical skills, acute mental processor to make quick decisions and a whole heap of resilience, grit and coping abilities, then add expected leadership responsibilities layered on top. Add that so many are drafted into poor organizations.

I don't know about Love. Just that the Green Bay model has worked effectively. Curious to see how Atlanta balances their win now QB and future guy picked as first round talent. We know what doesn't work looking at retread organizations drafting and spitting out high pedigree QB's.

Agree with your pov.
You know what you’re alright :laugh::laugh:

I think we are 100% on this

Now for the people making millions to understand

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The field goal kickers have the potential to be the least intelligent players out there.

"See those uprights? Adjust for the wind or inside fan movement, turf or grass and kick the damned ball through them.";)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad