NFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Actually, I think I was right, it WAS a fluke. They got exposed today by a team that in pre-season picks was middle of the road. The Saints absolutely destroyed them, gashing huge holes in the line and Carr picking the secondary apart at will. On offence, not a whole lot there other than Lamb. Probably the worst group of running backs in the league, and other than Lamb, not a whole lot to work with for receivers. And Dak, was in playoff form in the 2nd half. How McCarthy keeps his job is a mystery.
meh, the Ravens are 0-2, the Browns somehow won and the Niners lost to Sam Darnold

it's a long season and I wouldn't gloat yet

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
meh, the Ravens are 0-2, the Browns somehow won and the Niners lost to Sam Darnold

it's a long season and I wouldn't gloat yet
Huh? Why would I gloat? I'm a huge Dallas fan.:laugh::laugh::laugh: I just have a pretty good feel for what my team really is and follow them religiously.

And the Cowboys didn't just lose. They got stomped. And "scary defences" don't get destroyed by young QB's in the playoffs, or in games like today. They have plenty of issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: joestevens29

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Huh? Why would I gloat? I'm a huge Dallas fan.:laugh::laugh::laugh: I just have a pretty good feel for what my team really is and follow them religiously.

And the Cowboys didn't just lose. They got stomped. And "scary defences" don't get destroyed by young QB's in the playoffs, or in games like today. They have plenty of issues.
No shit they have issues, this isn’t some revelation..I don’t think one expert had them as Super Bowl favourites
But no one saw this coming

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Williams has had a really rough start to his career. For his sake I hope they are making the right move by throwing him into the fire.
I'm very afraid of keeping that pick over trading it. Didn't like him much in college. Early to judge but we could have used another o-lineman or two.

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I'm very afraid of keeping that pick over trading it. Didn't like him much in college. Early to judge but we could have used another o-lineman or two.

I preferred Daniels to him at the draft, and so far after two weeks he seems to be adapting to the pro game quicker.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Actually, I think I was right, it WAS a fluke. They got exposed today by a team that in pre-season picks was middle of the road. The Saints absolutely destroyed them, gashing huge holes in the line and Carr picking the secondary apart at will. On offence, not a whole lot there other than Lamb. Probably the worst group of running backs in the league, and other than Lamb, not a whole lot to work with for receivers. And Dak, was in playoff form in the 2nd half. How McCarthy keeps his job is a mystery.

Who invaded Sam Darnold's body?
There was a lot of talk this training camp and pre-season that Darnold looks a lot better.

Granted having a weapon like Jefferson will help anyone, I do think it goes to show once again what can happen when a QB actually has some support.

Plus apparently Kevin O'Connell is some sort of offensive wizard.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
No shit they have issues, this isn’t some revelation..I don’t think one expert had them as Super Bowl favourites
But no one saw this coming
The only thing scary about that defence is the way they collapse from time to time. No one saw this coming? I guess you missed last years playoff game where a young QB completely dismantled them. Kind of why I suggested to not get too overly excited about them when they shut down a Browns offence guided by a useless wife beater.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I preferred Daniels to him at the draft, and so far after two weeks he seems to be adapting to the pro game quicker.

Daniels seems more mature, but he might have had an easier schedule so far.

There was a lot of talk this training camp and pre-season that Darnold looks a lot better.

Granted having a weapon like Jefferson will help anyone, I do think it goes to show once again what can happen when a QB actually has some support.

Plus apparently Kevin O'Connell is some sort of offensive wizard.

Vikings have an oline too.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The only thing scary about that defence is the way they collapse from time to time. No one saw this coming? I guess you missed last years playoff game where a young QB completely dismantled them. Kind of why I suggested to not get too overly excited about them when they shut down a Browns offence guided by a useless wife beater.
you called the Week 1 win a "fluke", which I completely disagree with...it was a very solid win on the road against a playoff team from last year

and yeah, no one saw this coming...I mean other than you I guess
I don't recall anyone saying they'd get pumped by 20 against the Saints

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Nick Sirianni is the biggest idiot of a coach I've ever seen. Why would you go for a passing play there.. Rush the ball twice, tush push to the 1st down and kneel out to end the game. Instead they kick a FG and lose the game. Absolute moron of a coach
he's got the "I'm smarter than you" vibe...buddy came up with the lame "tush push" play, now he thinks he invented the damn sport of football

never makes the simple plays and it burns them

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad