Next years cap/roster

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised to see Chabot eventually traded if there's a hockey deal out there. If Norris plays well enough then same thing, but that seems less likely.
At $10M a year, he'd have to be playing very well and not be injured for extended periods of time for that to happen. But if he was playing that well, would they want to trade him? Also have to be to a team that's not on his No Trade list. Unlikely IMO but what do I know?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kleven & Grieg will be RFAs next year, so those numbers are low. However, we might end up with a less expensive backup goalie.

Also, Giroux and his $6.5 m is still in this 2025-26 spreadsheet, so there could be a change there. I’ve kept him there as a placeholder.

So, in summary, yes it looks OK to me so far unless there’s some surprises.
Giroux should be orange as a placeholder.

Reactions: DrEasy

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Giroux should be orange as a placeholder.
I had already put UFA in brackets besides Giroux’s name, but yes - done.

1728781316164.png

Oct 10, 2010
If this team doesn’t make the playoffs we better not have that roster above ^ I’ll be sick to my stomach.

Core needs to be dismantled.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I had already put UFA in brackets besides Giroux’s name, but yes - done.

View attachment 915838
Giroux shouldn't be back at the same number, 5m tops on 1 year deal. Perron was such a stupid signing from the get go, dude can't keep up at all and he's even going to be slower next year. Imagine the pain watching him chase every single play always being 5 feet behind. Glad we paid 4m to have the pleasure of witnessing that every game.

Chabot should to be traded asap, his cap hit is way too high, he seems to be getting worse in his prime years not better, needs to be replaced with someone cheaper. Kleven should not be paired with Yak, he has to have a legit vet Dman mentoring him instead, not an AHL caliber Hamonic or a completely inexperienced rookie compounding their mistakes.

I'd leave Yak down to season an additional year so he improves his skating and defensive game more before bringing him up, he actually has a chance to turn into a real impact player if he develops properly, we should be patient a little with him and let him round out his game more first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad