News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Carrier has never played more than 71 games in a season and in his last 4 seasons he's played 52 (Covid year), 63, 55, and 39 games. Not sure this is surprising at all. My son seemed to think he had a non-contact injury but I haven't heard anything about that.
Non contact injuries have hated us for years.

Although down the lineup, Carrier is a guy that we needed to replace Noesen. Let’s hope he is not out too long.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Meh, it was an odd contract as far as length for Carrier but it's not one that would ever really cripple a team even if he never plays a game (not expecting that, just using the extreme). Especially if the cap continues to rise as expected. In theory, we are supposed to have youth that can backfill if any issues arise. Plus, it's hockey, most guys have injury history even if they haven't missed time for it.

Of course, all we really have are vague updates so far, so this could all be something minor.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
carrier was worth more than 2 million a year. we paid for middle of the road price for a top end depth scorer. it took 6 years to make it happen and worth the risk based on his injury history as his cap hit is 2.25% of the cap. he'll be worth more than 2 million a year even playing 40-50 games in the season.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Meh, it was an odd contract as far as length for Carrier but it's not one that would ever really cripple a team even if he never plays a game (not expecting that, just using the extreme). Especially if the cap continues to rise as expected. In theory, we are supposed to have youth that can backfill if any issues arise. Plus, it's hockey, most guys have injury history even if they haven't missed time for it.

Of course, all we really have are vague updates so far, so this could all be something minor.
what would his cap hit be per year if we waived him and he cleared and we sent him to AHL? pretty small I believe. not expecting that to happen any time soon just agreeing that while the 6 years was weird it's a somewhat negligible cap hit. Of course things like that do add up though so it leaves us with less margin for error on other contracts.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
what would his cap hit be per year if we waived him and he cleared and we sent him to AHL? pretty small I believe. not expecting that to happen any time soon just agreeing that while the 6 years was weird it's a somewhat negligible cap hit. Of course things like that do add up though so it leaves us with less margin for error on other contracts.
Feel like I remember hearing recently that the buriable amount is in the $1.2-1.3 million range at this point.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
League minimum (775k) + 375k, 1.150 mil. His cap hit would be 850k. Far too early for that though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad