GDT: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils: Party spoiler edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They are too good to flame out early. As much as I hate them, unlike their ******* fans, I can admit and acknowledge how good they are even as a rival. It's hard for me to envision a scenario in which they don't make it to the finals. They are that good. I mean, Pit isn't that good, the Isles are spiraling down the drain as they enter the playoffs, the Caps are traditional playoff losers, Tampa might be the wild card, but I think the rags are the cream of the crop in the East.

The West is better again, though.
I don't think the west is better this year...no LA, a depleted Chicago, that pretty much was the west for the last few years.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
The end is near. We may have to tolerate one more year of this nonsense. He's gone if they don't make the playoffs next year. Gone!

It has to change. For the sake of the Devils it has to.

Lou has always preached no one player is greater than the team and the "Devils."

Lou has to take this to heart. He has simply failed miserably.

Zubrus and all of these redundant players MUST go as a start...clean them out of here...then find a good coach who isn't Oates....a try to find young scorers via trade(easier said then done) and a center and pray we get McDavid because God knows this team NEEDS a player of this magnitude.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Terrific crowd? What are you talking about Stan? It was almost 50/50

It seemed like more than 50% Devils fans.

I didn't hear much Ranger backing until after the empty net goal.

It must have been 90% Rangers fans by that point.

You didn't really hear **** from them until the game was sealed.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
It has to change. For the sake of the Devils it has to.

Lou has always preached no one player is greater than the team and the "Devils."

Lou has to take this to heart. He has simply failed miserably.

Zubrus and all of these redundant players MUST go as a start...clean them out of here...then find a good coach who isn't Oates....a try to find young scorers via trade(easier said then done) and a center and pray we get McDavid because God knows this team NEEDS a player of this magnitude.

I hope he steps down.

This is shameful.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bernier's face seriously broke my heart after the game ended.

He actually looked sad.

<3 you Space Treasure.

Even if you aren't this good again next year.;)

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Tampa is way better then a wild card, and the Habs are good too.

Putting stock in traditional playoff losers is silly. Caps team this year is not the same as the one in the past. They will give people headaches.

I think by being just a rival, the Islanders could give the Rangers a really hard time

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
He has nothing left to prove. He's one of hockey's great GMs. Maybe he's one of those workaholics who can't adapt to life outside hockey? Dunno?

I don't get it either.

Too much pride?

He doesn't have to prove anything. He's done it all.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think if we go the whole day next Monday without an announcement that Oates is the head coach, the chances of him becoming the head coach will go down in my mind.

Don't have much of a problem with what he's done here, but his time in Washington was a joke.

Let him be an assistant if he much, as much as I don't like his PP and it CONSTANTLY causes shorthanded chances against every game that we get more than one PP opportunity. It's also somehow worked and the PP scoring percentage didn't drop too much since he took over.

I won't riot if he's brought back as an assistant coach.

He has no business at this team's head coach going forward.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Can't recover until they stop digging.

Lou, please put down the shovel and retire gracefully at seasons end.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think by being just a rival, the Islanders could give the Rangers a really hard time

I actually thought they could initially, now they look completely dead.

Aside from this past weekend when they beat Buffalo, wasn't their only win in the last 12 or 13 games or more against us?

It sure seems that way.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
team is just stagnant and stuck in the mud/glory days...

Time for fresh blood/ideas...help progress this great franchise and bring it back to prominence

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What new ideas do we need? We're building from the goal out, which in case people have forgotten was a plan that made us successful for the better part of two decades. Yes, we need forwards, but it's not going to happen overnight.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Stagnant? We have a brand new franchise goalie. Almost our entire defense under 24.

This is the opposite of stagnant.

And our captain is in Minnesota... oh and he has never missed the playoffs in his career.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What new ideas do we need? We're building from the goal out, which in case people have forgotten was a plan that made us successful for the better part of two decades. Yes, we need forwards, but it's not going to happen overnight.

Top 5 goalie. First year with a defense that has 4 players in it under 24.

Beginning to incorporate new young forwards into the system, while other young forwards start to take steps forward (JJ).

The opposite of the word stagnant.

This word keeps being used. I don't think it means what you think it means.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
This offseason is going to make or break me on Lou.

If he can clean house with some of the stink in our lineup, I'll be happy.

If Zubrus and Gionta and Harrold and Fraser and Ruutu are all back next year, I'll be handing out pitchforks and torches. I want 4 of the 5 gone next year and the one remaining better not be Zubrus.

This team MUST get faster.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
When we win were stupid because we're ruining our draft position

When we lose the organization sucks for not winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad