OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
There's a fairly lengthy list of questionable things, maturity wise, that you don't see the successful QBs doing. Painting profanity on his fingernails, refusing to shake the other teams hand after a loss, crying on the sideline and then refusing to speak to media availability (a requirement) afterwards.

Just Google his behavior/character issues, they're well reported.

I'll concede, he's not getting in trouble with the law, or being caught cheating. It's just maturity things, mainly. Still cause for concern when contemplating him at 1 overall.

If you haven't followed him, it's easy to understand the mob mentality. But the reporting about him refusing to go to the bears does fit a pattern of real things he's demonstrated. Not automatic deal breakers, but definitely cause for concern.

Speaking for myself here, but none of those are issues to me. You can find examples of players doing all those things week in and week out. Hell, we loved it when Kittle showed his F Dallas undershirt after scoring a TD.

Reactions: Block

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Peters, Johnson and Maye?

This could wind up being the most impactful offseason in team history. Obviously, that trio could easily flop, but it sure does have the stink of success if that’s who we get.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
That’s who I want. Harbutt. However I don’t think I’m going to get who I want.
I'm on the record as not being interested in Harbaugh for lots of reasons. But I'll add another one -- I'd rather have a 40-something-year-old in the early part of his career than a 60-year-old nearer the end.
He also strikes me as a guy who could get back to the league and in a couple of years decide, ah, hell, I like college better. Especially now with Saban gone, JH could be the alpha dog there now.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Maybe you west coast guys get more than you want of him than the rest of us do, given the geographic coverage…I don’t hear much bad about him, but then again I don’t care about things like painting his nails.

Have to leave it to Peters now…not even worth getting fired up about potential red flags. The process will hopefully find out if those are just growing pains or real issues.
Well, if he IS truly refusing to play for Chicago, then that is a thing. And not a good one.

I think he’s a tremendous talent. Seen a lot of his games. He will certainly take/need MORE coaching than someone like Maye, IMO….but he’s also got MORE talent than anyone else, but a margin that is noteworthy.

That said, I’d be thrilled w Maye. So we cannot lose, unless Williams doesn’t declare.

Altho — if that does happen, then I’d wager the Bears would just take MHJr. And Maye would still come to DC.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Maybe you west coast guys get more than you want of him than the rest of us do, given the geographic coverage…I don’t hear much bad about him, but then again I don’t care about things like painting his nails.

Have to leave it to Peters now…not even worth getting fired up about potential red flags. The process will hopefully find out if those are just growing pains or real issues.
There’s definitely a bit of prospect fatigue going on with Caleb. Every week this year was some new story or drama. Yea, maybe it was more pronounced out here on the west coast.

But there have def been some real eyebrow raisers (mostly from his dad) about breaking the draft system, and wanting an ownership stake in the team where he goes.

It’s gonna be a long four months of rumors and smokescreens, so I’m gonna try not to get sucked in and overact to this stuff, lol. I’ll be curious to see how his pro day/combine go (his real height is a bit of a mystery), as well as what we hear, if anything, about his interviews.

I’m just glad we have a real GM in Peters to decide what is best to do with this pick.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I'm on the record as not being interested in Harbaugh for lots of reasons. But I'll add another one -- I'd rather have a 40-something-year-old in the early part of his career than a 60-year-old nearer the end.
He also strikes me as a guy who could get back to the league and in a couple of years decide, ah, hell, I like college better. Especially now with Saban gone, JH could be the alpha dog there now.
I care about the next 3-5 yrs. I’m not seeing this as a “decade plus” assignment, no matter who it is. Those hardly ever happen. And that’s being greedy, IMO.

I want whomever can do the best with what we have over the next 5yrs. To me, that easily points to Harbutt.

That’s said, I’d be happy w Harbutt, Carroll, Belichick, Vrabel, Johnson, Slowik, MacDonald….not necessarily in that order (save Harbutt #1)

Edit — I forgot about MacDonald (thanks for the reminder @ynotcaps )

Last edited:
Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I care about the next 3-5 yrs. I’m not seeing this as a “decade plus” assignment, no matter who it is. Those hardly ever happen. And that’s being greedy, IMO.

I want whomever can do the best with what we have over the next 5yrs. To me, that easily points to Harbutt.

That’s said, I’d be happy w Harbutt, Carroll, Belichick, Vrabel, Johnson, Slowik….not necessarily in that order (save Harbutt #1)
My favorites are Johnson and MacDonald, in no order.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Chiefs Dolphins game only on streaming peacock?

It wants me to pay 5.99/mos … it’s not free if I also pay like 200/mo for cable?
$30 for a year of peacock is a pretty good deal

Attachments

• IMG_5192.png
    IMG_5192.png
    515.3 KB · Views: 5

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not this time…not after they were all after his ass (NCAA)…..he retires before going back to college IMO. He could be 5 years and done….

Every time I see Owusu-Koramoah creating havoc, I die a little inside (ok, that’s over dramatic, LOL).

Stupid f***ing RR and his Jamin Davis “I’m smarter than the rest of the NFL” crap. Many of us wanted O-K. Many.

Makes me angry
I wanted that guy….kills me.

Poor Browns…..Flacco back to reality.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
so much for the fantasies about Flacco taking out the Ravens lol

Nobody in the AFC should want to play the Texans. Imagine if Dell were healthy.

Ravens may get Andrews back, though. And Cook is a wild card.

I still have them beating SF in the SB.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

That’s said, I’d be happy w Harbutt, Carroll, Belichick, Vrabel, Johnson, Slowik, MacDonald….not necessarily in that order (save Harbutt #1)

Edit — I forgot about MacDonald (thanks for the reminder @ynotcaps )
You have a great point….JH would really have to be willing to just be the HC here…feels like he could flex and get the total control clause somewhere else, but maybe he’s ok without it….any Interview rumors?

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
so much for the fantasies about Flacco taking out the Ravens lol

Nobody in the AFC should want to play the Texans. Imagine if Dell were healthy.

Ravens may get Andrews back, though. And Cook is a wild card.

I still have them beating SF in the SB.
this game makes me drink

PXL_20240113_234022238.jpg

Reactions: kicksavedave

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I'd be mad but I'm at a bar and I get peacock for 3 dollars a month anyway as a Comcast subscriber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad