Music: New Kendrick Lamar Album

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's going to be a 15 minute short film and then a tour announcement... just watch.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm thinking this concept is his life flashing before his eyes after being shot and killed in track one and these are the different stages, feelings and thoughts throughout his life as it's all flashing before him.

Link to the full spotify picture: https://i.redd.it/uyej6gw9pjry.jpg

That shirt tuck in kills me. :laugh:

I really hope he explains these pictures one day. They're so wtf.

Explained on Sunday with that second part. :P

...god that'd be so sick.

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
My top 5 tracks after 4 listens:

1. Pride (I don't know why I love this track so much)
2. Duckworth (VERY close second)
3. Fear
4. XXX
5. DNA

Love is my least favorite Kendrick track of all time. So so so so trash.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Y'all sleeping on Element, it's such a well produced track.

This album is solid, 5 listens in, I love listening to it in order, it just feels right.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently a TDE management member tweeted (edit: instagram story of "ctupidgenius", TDE Management) something like "what would happen if the positive energy from a nation could resurrect someone"

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
In ways this is a more traditional album, almost a sort of 90s throwback. I think Kendricks rapping is just as sharp as his last two albums, I just don't know that it comes together as well as his last two did. I've never considered Kendrick a technical marvel in the same vein as guys like Pun and Kweli, so his genius is more about his narrative brilliance, which doesn't come through in the same way here

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
My top 5 tracks after 4 listens:

1. Pride (I don't know why I love this track so much)
2. Duckworth (VERY close second)
3. Fear
4. XXX
5. DNA

Love is my least favorite Kendrick track of all time. So so so so trash.

The production on pride won't get the attention that some of the bangers on this album will, but it is really really good.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
IMO this is kind of a watered down TPAB. Lots of the same lyrical messages are present but it's missing some of the more powerful moments (u, Blacker the Berry) and they're presented over more mainstream production. Some of Kendrick's worst songs since OD are on here as well imo (LOYALTY., GOD., LOVE.). I like the album but it's not really up to the standard I've come to expect from him.

DUCKWORTH. is still godlike though lmao

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Apparently a TDE management member tweeted (edit: instagram story of "ctupidgenius", TDE Management) something like "what would happen if the positive energy from a nation could resurrect someone"
Oh my god they "found" more Tupac songs!?!?!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That feel when Top Dawg didn't shoot Kendrick's dad because his dad would give him free chicken at KFC lirl

Ducky was well-aware
They robbed the manager and shot a customer last year
He figured he'd get on these ****** good sides
Free chicken every time Anthony posted in line
Two extra biscuits, Anthony liked him
And then let him slide; they didn't kill him
In fact, it look like they're the last to survive

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I mean, this album is less cinematic, a little more straight forward, and a little less thematic than Kendricks other albums, but there are some masterpieces on here. Pride, Fear, Duckworth, DNA, those are some classic cuts. Damn isn't as in your face as TPAB, but it is a great album. I wouldn't be opposed to calling this as good as GKMC.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Even though I have an un healthy situation going on with DNA now, I will still say Money Trees is Kendricks best track. Just can't be beat IMO. Jay Rock just hit that **** HARD.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I mean, this album is less cinematic, a little more straight forward, and a little less thematic than Kendricks other albums, but there are some masterpieces on here. Pride, Fear, Duckworth, DNA, those are some classic cuts. Damn isn't as in your face as TPAB, but it is a great album. I wouldn't be opposed to calling this as good as GKMC.
I'm starting to agree. I think what made GKMC so great was the concept and how it was all tied together with interludes and small intros in tracks. But if you take those out I think you are left with an album that is worse song for song than this album is.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
If the double album theory is correct I wonder what the next one will sound like. I didn't like either of Future's albums this year but I liked how he was going for a different sound on each one. I would say that jazzy Kendrick could return but if that was the case I don't think he would've put out untitled unmastered.
The lows on this album are much lower than GKMC's lows imo. The best tracks are definitely comparable though

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
To add to the Sunday thing: Kendrick was also Jesus from The Last Supper in the Humble music video too.

If Kendrick doesn't drop another album on Sunday it is a real missed opportunity (not that is would be his fault or anything)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
To add to the Sunday thing: Kendrick was also Jesus from The Last Supper in the Humble music video too.

If Kendrick doesn't drop another album on Sunday it is a real missed opportunity (not that is would be his fault or anything)

That's a big one, imo.

I remember a lot of questions arising from the video and song itself about how it all ties in... I think reddit got it with the second album and him "resurrecting" on Easter Sunday after dying in DAMN. and dropping .NATION...

It'd be legendary if he did a live performance of it at Coachella on Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad