I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
God DAMN this **** is great.
Only song I dont like is "Love" and even then I can tolerate it
I will lose my mind if there is another album Sunday

void

Jan 5, 2006
Just an FYI but Kendrick will be performing at Coachella on Sunday. I'm sure he'll have some surprises up his sleeve.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
After listening to this album many times over I agree with Alex Jones's analysis. Track for track it is as good as GKMC (and TPAB fwiw) but the way that the latter two albums are themed and conceptualized draws you more into them

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
After listening to this album many times over I agree with Alex Jones's analysis. Track for track it is as good as GKMC (and TPAB fwiw) but the way that the latter two albums are themed and conceptualized draws you more into them

Pretty much how I feel about it which is why I have it just a tier below TPAB and GKMC on my first listen, but it's inching closer and closer imo.

The theme on this was is much more simple and not as in your face as GKMC: he's been shot and killed, and as he's dying, all those emotions (loyalty, pride, humble, love, lust, DNA, etc.) are flashing before his eyes.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Love this album. Also saw this and had a good laugh.

17990735_280000229113086_3179588216219598085_n.jpg

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Pretty much how I feel about it which is why I have it just a tier below TPAB and GKMC on my first listen, but it's inching closer and closer imo.

The theme on this was is much more simple and not as in your face as GKMC: he's been shot and killed, and as he's dying, all those emotions (loyalty, pride, humble, love, lust, DNA, etc.) are flashing before his eyes.
That's sort of the way that I see it. One of the interesting things to me will be the way that a narrative develops around this album. Today we talk about it being a less thematic album than Kendrick's first two, but in a couple of years people may talk about it as having the same sort of cohesive thematic elements that those had.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Time to eat some crow folks...lol ive been laughing at all these idiots on reddit all weekend. Great stuff.

Gotta applaud Dog Entertainment for their brilliant marketing :clap: :clap:

They got it trending BIG TIME.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The encore was Love. I guess that's going to be the next single. Gross.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I caught a bit of his set up until Travis Scott came out because I had to sleep, but his performance was killer.

The encore was Love. I guess that's going to be the next single. Gross.

Listening to the album more and more and I don't hate LOVE. at all tbh. Weaker than other tracks on the album, yeah, but I can't say I really hate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad