Value of: New Jersey Devils Players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Is he a free agent? The answer is no... thanks for playing, goodnight.
If we wait for everyone to be a FA we will never be ready to compete.
Yes lets not consider a 23 YO #1 D man with 3yrs left at $4.1M.
We have the 5th best prospect pool but lets not do anything!
That's dumb! Answer shouldn't be no, but you got this, good day!

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I would go even further. Only untouchable is J. Hughes.

I can't see any possible scenario where Luke Hughes, Nico or Hamilton are dealt. You don't draft the brother of your franchise player and then trade him away a year later. Nico is the captain and Hamilton was the first big UFA the Devils have landed in forever and has a NMC. They're not going anywhere.

We should probably try a coaching change before starting the rebuild all over.

Yeah, probably - see how the players react under a new coach and hope they can start stringing together something that can carry over into next season.

How untouchable is Hischier? And who would give a bigger return right now, him or Mercer? Is that an option at all, to keep Mercer and trade Hischier?

I love Mercer, but Hischier easily commands a much bigger return.

Would Graves be available and what would you want for him? Even if it's a reasonable overpayment, indulge us. We are basically theorizing any option that we think could give us an upgrade and fit our cap structure, and figuring out what it could cost.

Fitz/Devils have been after Graves for a number of years. Can't see him being dealt unless it's an overpayment. I really think they're going to look to extend him though.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Alright I haven't seen a Flames fan say anything towards @SpeakingOfTheDevils OR @Devils son saying they'd move "Mercer" for Chucky, but what are you guys adding to Mercer? You both mentioned Chucky, put a real proposal down on him, cause it's definitely going to be Mercer +++ for Chucky, we're not giving him away even if you take bad cap like Lucic/Monahan, Mercer + Smith/Graves + pick +?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Alright I haven't seen a Flames fan say anything towards @SpeakingOfTheDevils OR @Devils son saying they'd move "Mercer" for Chucky, but what are you guys adding to Mercer? You both mentioned Chucky, put a real proposal down on him, cause it's definitely going to be Mercer +++ for Chucky, we're not giving him away even if you take bad cap like Lucic/Monahan, Mercer + Smith/Graves + pick +?

Not that the value is off but it’s really hard to see NJ move Mercer. Why would CAL entertain any sort of Tkachuk trade? Is he not willing to extend with the Flames?

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Is he a free agent? The answer is no... thanks for playing, goodnight.

Why would they want to wait until he's a free agent? The whole point of getting him would be having him under team control at a bargain of a contract if they wait for him to be a UFA he's not going to NJ, at least not for cheap

Reactions: Smitty426

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021

I don’t think you’ve seen Mercer play if you’re expecting something big to add on our part, in order to acquire Tkatchuk, who in my scenario is getting pushed out because Calgary chose to keep Gaudreau instead.

Getting a cost controlled youngster like Mercer is worth a ton and Calgary unloading close to 7M$ of cap space to add what would be your #2 center is something you’re not taking into consideration IMO.

Mercer + Bahl and a mid round pick would be what I would give up.

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I don’t think you’ve seen Mercer play if you’re expecting something big to add on our part, in order to acquire Tkatchuk, who in my scenario is getting pushed out because Calgary chose to keep Gaudreau instead.

Getting a cost controlled youngster like Mercer is worth a ton and Calgary unloading close to 7M$ of cap space to add what would be your #2 center is something you’re not taking into consideration IMO.

Mercer + Bahl and a mid round pick would be what I would give up.

Completely out of conversation, not picking up the phone, have a good day :)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Not that the value is off but it’s really hard to see NJ move Mercer. Why would CAL entertain any sort of Tkachuk trade? Is he not willing to extend with the Flames?

Like I said we're not looking at giving him away, I entertained the idea cause I seen two people mention him, but the only proposal i see isn't worth him.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
enjoy the future of only having Lindholm as a capable center I guess?:help:

Oh trash talking wow classic, thanks for your insightful input :) have fun with no solid Wingers in the near future, oh so fun to talk trash, I was simply asking for a real proposal because just Mercer and garbage coming back isn't something we'd think about for Chucky, Bahl does what? Mid pick does what? You're not getting a top line Winger who can score, Dr penalties, hit, forecheck for 1 good piece

Reactions: kanucks25

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Completely out of conversation, not picking up the phone, have a good day :)

All good… have fun trying to get a better return while saving enough cap space to fit all your current free agents AND actually add a player that will help your roster, at a position of weakness no less, next year.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What do you guys think of a Ty Smith for Crouse trade?
Devils need a player like Crouse and Smith is (will be )redundant once Like Hughes , Shakir , Bahl , Okhotyuk are ready .

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Scouting report and asking price on Smith, Wood and Zacha?

Obviously Smith would only be dealt in a package for a scoring winger, so his price would be quite high.
His skating is his biggest weakness as he skates quite poorly for a small player

Wood, he's been hurt all season so I doubt he gets traded or anyone is overly interested this season
He is the opposite of Smith, for him it's all about his straight line speed, but he can't turn and he's almost guaranteed to take at least 1 penalty. For that reason though, teams absolutely hate playing against him and he usually ends up drawing more penalties than he receives

Zacha, he's the oddest of the 3, he isn't a great 5-5 defender but he's also not a great offensive threat.
He is a big bodied winger that can dominate games when he uses his size, problem is he doesn't do it nearly enough and for that reason he is usually either the most noticeable player on the ice or completely invisible.
He'd be another player that probably has more value to contender than he does to the Devils as they'd be able to hide him lower in the lineup

Reactions: kanucks25

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Obviously Smith would only be dealt in a package for a scoring winger, so his price would be quite high.
His skating is his biggest weakness as he skates quite poorly for a small player

Wood, he's been hurt all season so I doubt he gets traded or anyone is overly interested this season
He is the opposite of Smith, for him it's all about his straight line speed, but he can't turn and he's almost guaranteed to take at least 1 penalty. For that reason though, teams absolutely hate playing against him and he usually ends up drawing more penalties than he receives

Zacha, he's the oddest of the 3, he isn't a great 5-5 defender but he's also not a great offensive threat.
He is a big bodied winger that can dominate games when he uses his size, problem is he doesn't do it nearly enough and for that reason he is usually either the most noticeable player on the ice or completely invisible.
He'd be another player that probably has more value to contender than he does to the Devils as they'd be able to hide him lower in the lineup

Hm, don't know if any would be a fit.

Probably left with McLeod or Mercer, although I imagine the price on the latter is high right now.

Any interest in something around Boeser for Mercer?

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Hm, don't know if any would be a fit.

Probably left with McLeod or Mercer, although I imagine the price on the latter is high right now.

Any interest in something around Boeser for Mercer?

Personally I wouldn't, but I'd be tempted to add Smith into a package for Boeser, something like Smith and McLeod for him

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Personally I wouldn't, but I'd be tempted to add Smith into a package for Boeser, something like Smith and McLeod for him

I don't think we'd have interest in Smith as the centerpiece for one of our better forwards, mainly because he's LH.

Severson probably makes more sense but I don't know how much interest JR would have in that given he's about to turn 28 and is a year away from UFA.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I don't think we'd have interest in Smith as the centerpiece for one of our better forwards, mainly because he's LH.

Severson probably makes more sense but I don't know how much interest JR would have in that given he's about to turn 28 and is a year away from UFA.

Severson would also be available but also agree that he's probably too old for Vancouver to want right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad