Proposal: New Jersey - Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Nah, they wont be better than guy whos on pace for 75 points. they wont be 60+ point players themselves.

devils fans have to put so much emphasis on defense because their players dont have scoring talent
Maybe emphasis on all around play but with Laine going to a third team that's a big red flag with him....Then the contract and we watch Nico and Mercer and they are very good all around players....

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
meh. He’s an average sized player statistically and probably slightly above average sized for a top six guy. Small would be 5’-10” or sub 180 pounds like a Jack Hughes or Gaudreau or Barzal or Petterson.
That’s fair. What’s more important is you’d expect more production from a #1 overall selection. Hughes has shown he has been worthy. Nico not as much.

Reactions: My3Sons

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Maybe emphasis on all around play but with Laine going to a third team that's a big red flag with him....Then the contract and we watch Nico and Mercer and they are very good all around players....

its also a big red flag for Nico to be drafted as high as he was, without elite offensive production. ill take the guy who plays winning hockey by scoring goals and points.

Reactions: walkedpast

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
its also a big red flag for Nico to be drafted as high as he was, without elite offensive production. ill take the guy who plays winning hockey by scoring goals and points.

You have a team full of Laine's good luck winning cups....Laine is not a fit imo for the Devils and your constant downplaying of Hischier shows you don't watch him often as he is a much better player then you give him credit for....Once again if Laine is so good why now third team by 23 24 years old?

Reactions: My3Sons
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Theese two teams look like they could be good trading-partners. Columbus have wingers, but no C:s - New Jersey have C:s but no wingers. Could something around Laine/Hischier or Laine/Mercer could be worked out?

Columbus get:

Hischier

New Jersey get:

Laine (extension agreed on)
CBJ 1st 2022 (top5 protected)

If it were Mercer, then New Jersey would add pics and a rosterplayer. The teams just look like good tradingpartners. Dont know if the value is ok. If not post your proposal.
Hmmmmm....I gotta think about this.

No, it will take a lot more to get the CBJ or Chicago 1st in 22.

Counter - to New Jersey
Laine

to Columbus

Devils 1st top 2 protected

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Laine up to 24 points in 25 games, and 12th goal in 25 games.

again, NJ would be adding. Alot.
Prior to January 27th he had 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points in 21 games.

Sorry but people aren't going to pay you what "4 game hot streak" Laine is worth, they're going to pay you for what "didn't do anything for a quarter of the season" Laine is worth.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
The premise of the deal is a good one - C for W, however, clearly the two players primarily being discussed don't appear to be attractive. My personal opinion is the addition of Hischier doesn't really move the top end need for Columbus. It's been noted that "Laine is a one trick pony", while I don't think that's true, the one trick being referenced is elite and that's a rare talent. I do believe there are GMs that still see Laine as an elite goal scorer and there aren't many like him in the league. Sure, he's hot and cold but he's undeniably got the elite goal scoring talent. Hischier does not, it appears, have an elite talent in his bag. So, again, my opinion, Columbus likely isn't looking for another potential 2C or 3C to play in their lineup. The rebuild has just started and the play of Sillinger already screams 2-way 2C as a floor and Jenner would be a plus 3C or move back to the wing. There is still a need for a future 1C in the organization. Maybe that's Kent Johnson (unsure and that's a little ways off to figure out) or Maybe that's what gets drafted with their two top 10 picks this year. I just don't see the fit with these two, more specifically, I think Columbus would move him for more futures or an A level prospect with upside and a pick. He still shows that elite quality and his overall game has been decent this year. He has been a good fit (again, my opinion from watching all games live or TV)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Prior to January 27th he had 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points in 21 games.

Sorry but people aren't going to pay you what "4 game hot streak" Laine is worth, they're going to pay you for what "didn't do anything for a quarter of the season" Laine is worth.
Not sure if you were aware he had an injury for 6 weeks and the death of his Father. Add in a new coaching staff and a team that lacks a 1C (probably a 2C too as we wait for Sillinger to grow) and I think the talent hasn't left and GMs know what Laine is - an Elite shot that can be hot as hell. Incidently, 15 points in 21 games is still a ~60 pt pace, which is nothing to turn a nose up at.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Just give us NJ's first for Laine.
are we in the circus? i haven't seen such a clownery for quite some time:
  • a columbus fan proposes a deal to acquire hischier involving laine
  • devils fans decline mostly because they don't want laine
  • hischier gets trashed
  • you propose laine for the devils first :loony:
here my reasonable counter offer:
subban (50% retained) for your 2nd :razz:

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
3rd line centre value

Well, that's more than the negative value of Laine. That selfish narcissist has been dumped already and will be dumped again. What assets will CLB attach to get rid of that locker room cancer unless they just want to let him fester on the team until he leaves as a UFA for nothing?

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not sure if you were aware he had an injury for 6 weeks and the death of his Father. Add in a new coaching staff and a team that lacks a 1C (probably a 2C too as we wait for Sillinger to grow) and I think the talent hasn't left and GMs know what Laine is - an Elite shot that can be hot as hell. Incidently, 15 points in 21 games is still a ~60 pt pace, which is nothing to turn a nose up at.

Nobody disputes he's a very talented player. He has some baggage, maybe a lot of baggage, and more importantly, he's approaching his expiration date as an RFA. Why does any rebuilding team trade a long term signed heart and soul guy for a guy who's leaving in two years and may not want to be with the rebuilding team at all, even if the short term guy is more talented? It's just not realistic on that level.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Well, that's more than the negative value of Laine. That selfish narcissist has been dumped already and will be dumped again. What assets will CLB attach to get rid of that locker room cancer unless they just want to let him fester on the team until he leaves as a UFA for nothing?
Why do you dislike him so much. He's been nothing like that in Columbus and if he's moved it will not be as a dump. Try to be a realist. You're way off on this one. No chance he has negative value. He's been quite good in Columbus this year and by all accounts is well liked and works at his game with no locker drama.

Reactions: walkedpast and Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad