Proposal: New Jersey - Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Theese two teams look like they could be good trading-partners. Columbus have wingers, but no C:s - New Jersey have C:s but no wingers. Could something around Laine/Hischier or Laine/Mercer could be worked out?

Columbus get:

Hischier

New Jersey get:

Laine (extension agreed on)
CBJ 1st 2022 (top5 protected)

If it were Mercer, then New Jersey would add pics and a rosterplayer. The teams just look like good tradingpartners. Dont know if the value is ok. If not post your proposal.
Hard pass from NJ

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Reading theese trade forums has tought me that no trade is ever good for anyone. This is place where people bitch about anuthing and nothing is enough or then everything is too much. If the guys posting here would be GM:s, there would be 0 trades. Ever.
And do you think the GM and owner actually care if Hischier is captain or not, if he is offered an overpayment + a teamneed? And Jackets certainly adds whats needed to Laine, if they feel the trade is good. They have searched for a C for years.

Dont blame you for wanting to trade Laine and who your asking for Hischier or Mercer two players who you have to hold back and reign in unlike Laine where you have to kick him in his ass to play a whole game....The Devils are not going to make the trade Mercer will be a better all around hockey player in a few years whether at center or rw than Laine....Hischier will only get better as well.

walkedpast

Mar 7, 2021
Laine is a winger who scores 30+ goals per season.
Hischier is a third-line center with a terrible contract.

Devils need to add a first-round pick in this draft, maybe then Jackets will think.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I’m not a big Nico fan. He’s been disappointing in my eyes as a #1 overall pick. Solid 2-way C, undersized 2nd liner.

I’d probably do this, but the Devils won’t.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Laine is a winger who scores 30+ goals per season.
Hischier is a third-line center with a terrible contract.

Devils need to add a first-round pick in this draft, maybe then Jackets will think.
R.b5745e11cd603e5014e097291885a4c9

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Theese two teams look like they could be good trading-partners. Columbus have wingers, but no C:s - New Jersey have C:s but no wingers. Could something around Laine/Hischier or Laine/Mercer could be worked out?

Columbus get:

Hischier

New Jersey get:

Laine (extension agreed on)
CBJ 1st 2022 (top5 protected)

If it were Mercer, then New Jersey would add pics and a rosterplayer. The teams just look like good tradingpartners. Dont know if the value is ok. If not post your proposal.
Remove the ridiculous first round pick and go with

Laine for Hischier

Which sounds plausible. Don’t see either team adding much to this.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Laine for Hischier

I'd rather trade for Mercer than Hischier. Hischier's a fine 2C but if I'm trading Laine I want it to be for someone with more upside.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland

Laine for Hischier

Yeah, no thanks. Laine has too many weaknesses in his game, and his contract situation is problematic. I mean he could be UFA in 2023. No way the Devils do that deal, especially without a 1st round pick.

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Stat fans will say Nico isn’t enough to land Laine, people within actual NHL teams understand you can’t judge a player strictly by numbers. Of course a 1 dimensional winger will out score a 2 way C. Nico plays in all situations and is obviously a leader on this team, trading him for Laine does nothing but hurt the Devils

and Devils fans will pretend being a 50s point center is worth a guy who can score 30-40 goals and play near a PPG status.

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Why do the Devils need to add a lot to get Laine?

Consider this: Laine was on the trade block a couple years ago, ends up going for a disgruntled high end 2C (assuming Roslovic and the CBJ 3rd rounder cancel each other out), stinks it up last season and has only recently got back to the level of play he was at when he was traded, burns through almost 2 years of team control to the point he can just sign his QO this summer and head to UFA after next season, but has somehow increased his value since he was last traded? The guy has a ton of talent but I just don't understand what he has done since he was last traded to increase his value to what Laine fans think it is, especially given his contract status.

i already said why they need to add alot.

Consider this: Nico is a 50s point 2C, about only a year younger than Laine without being able to score anywhere near the same amount of goals, a decent injury history. Laine was on the downward trend and still brought back a guy whos been alot better than Nico at Nicos ages, and now he's back to playing around that PPG range. at the end of the day, your forwards need to score points and more importantly goals. Nico is pretty average at both.

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
laine is a one trick pony, which leaves a lot to desired in regards of effort and compete.

i can't imagine an extension, which would be acceptable for me and the laine camp. those two things are probably worlds apart. so adding an imaginary extension for an unknown figure into play, is stupid. laine with an 8x11m extension has imo negative value. laine with an 5x5m deal is wonderful.

now tell us, which contract laine is seeking and i tell you, if i as a devils fan would be interested in him.

hes near a PPG player this year.

im not sure why you think he's a one trick poney. hes not on pace for 75 goals so he's got to be getting the assist from somewhere. you can tell who really doesn't follow hockey around here

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Dont blame you for wanting to trade Laine and who your asking for Hischier or Mercer two players who you have to hold back and reign in unlike Laine where you have to kick him in his ass to play a whole game....The Devils are not going to make the trade Mercer will be a better all around hockey player in a few years whether at center or rw than Laine....Hischier will only get better as well.

Nah, they wont be better than guy whos on pace for 75 points. they wont be 60+ point players themselves.

devils fans have to put so much emphasis on defense because their players dont have scoring talent

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
hes near a PPG player this year.

im not sure why you think he's a one trick poney. hes not on pace for 75 goals so he's got to be getting the assist from somewhere. you can tell who really doesn't follow hockey around here
agreed. you have completely changed my opinion.

columbus needs laine more than new jersey, should keep him and sign him to fat new long term contract.

thanks for your help.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
columbus needs laine more than new jersey

Pretty bad take. Columbus need a 1-2C and Jersey a scoring winger. Trade-proposals are pointless, because they never satisfy anyone. Good that GM:s aint keyboardwarriors or otherwise trades would never happen.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Pretty bad take. Columbus need a 1-2C and Jersey a scoring winger. Trade-proposals are pointless, because they never satisfy anyone. Good that GM:s aint keyboardwarriors or otherwise trades would never happen.
i am super low on laine. i don't like the way, he approaches the game. so i value him lower than most here. he would never accept the 'low ball' extension offer, i would be willing to send his way. so why should i send assets to columbus, only to loose him to free agency?

walkedpast

Mar 7, 2021
You have a player who does only one thing
Yes. Scoring goals. Something that Hischier can't do.

You think a 2 way center who averages 55 points per 82 games is a 3rd line player?
Didn't score more than 52 points in any season.
Well, this is level of the 2nd line, but they give him time as for 1C.
According to his skills, Hischier is a 3rd line player and nothing more.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

This isn't fantasy hockey where only goals scored count for anything. Liane does nothing else well.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

His career 5v5 p/60 is 1.91. That's actually high end 2nd line production, while playing for an offensively starved devils team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad