Proposal: New Jersey - Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Theese two teams look like they could be good trading-partners. Columbus have wingers, but no C:s - New Jersey have C:s but no wingers. Could something around Laine/Hischier or Laine/Mercer could be worked out?

Columbus get:

Hischier

New Jersey get:

Laine (extension agreed on)
CBJ 1st 2022 (top5 protected)

If it were Mercer, then New Jersey would add pics and a rosterplayer. The teams just look like good tradingpartners. Dont know if the value is ok. If not post your proposal.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Can’t see Lumbus giving away a 1st round pick with Laine.

Patrik Laine has matched his season totals from last season with the Jackets and is having somewhat of a resurgence with 9 points in his last 10 games.

Hischier on the other hand has dealt with injuries and protocol this season and is currently stuck in a funk with 4 points in last 10 games, 0 points in last 5 games.

Columbus would decline this deal.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Theese two teams look like they could be good trading-partners. Columbus have wingers, but no C:s - New Jersey have C:s but no wingers. Could something around Laine/Hischier or Laine/Mercer could be worked out?

Columbus get:

Hischier

New Jersey get:

If it were Mercer, then New Jersey would add pics and a rosterplayer. The teams just look like good tradingpartners. Dont know if the value is ok. If not post your proposal.
Thanks but no thanks. Hischier is more useful player than Laine, Mercer is probably better as a winger and I doubt that the Devils are ready to trade their new captain. I also prefer Mercer over Laine, because of his contract and projection.

I think the Devils should look for scorers elsewhere.

I missed that first round pick. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the offer, because it would mean another step back for the Devils in the short term. On the other hand, it could be a pretty good deal for the Devils in the long run. I don't know. Maybe I decline.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

Columbus get:

Hischier

New Jersey get:

no thanks. no counter.

Reactions: hidek91

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Devils aren’t trading their captain and the jackets aren’t adding a first to laine.

Reading theese trade forums has tought me that no trade is ever good for anyone. This is place where people bitch about anuthing and nothing is enough or then everything is too much. If the guys posting here would be GM:s, there would be 0 trades. Ever.
And do you think the GM and owner actually care if Hischier is captain or not, if he is offered an overpayment + a teamneed? And Jackets certainly adds whats needed to Laine, if they feel the trade is good. They have searched for a C for years.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
LOL Laine is just under a PPG and he comes with a new deal and a 1st?

when did Nico become a PPG Center?

NJ adds, and adds alot.

& a 1st that’s going to be between 5-10.

Columbus could very well draft their Hischier with that pick alone. It’s not like he has set the league on fire

Reactions: walkedpast

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Hischier had lived up to the hype, this would be worth considering. He hasn't, so it really isn't. The opening W-for-C premise is an interesting one, but this ain't it.

Reactions: TaketheCannoli

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Stat fans will say Nico isn’t enough to land Laine, people within actual NHL teams understand you can’t judge a player strictly by numbers. Of course a 1 dimensional winger will out score a 2 way C. Nico plays in all situations and is obviously a leader on this team, trading him for Laine does nothing but hurt the Devils

domi28

Dec 5, 2017

NJ adds, and adds alot.

Why do the Devils need to add a lot to get Laine?

Consider this: Laine was on the trade block a couple years ago, ends up going for a disgruntled high end 2C (assuming Roslovic and the CBJ 3rd rounder cancel each other out), stinks it up last season and has only recently got back to the level of play he was at when he was traded, burns through almost 2 years of team control to the point he can just sign his QO this summer and head to UFA after next season, but has somehow increased his value since he was last traded? The guy has a ton of talent but I just don't understand what he has done since he was last traded to increase his value to what Laine fans think it is, especially given his contract status.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
CLB fans might need to think in terms of Laine as a rental. He can sign a long term deal now but he hasn’t. If they can’t agree to one what is his value as a two run rental but even then what teams can afford him next season in a one year deal he’d get in arbitration? Versus five years of Hischier? Probably a close call but the fit isn’t there really. NJ stinks and it’s hard to see Laine not going to UFA.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

NJ adds, and adds alot.
laine is a one trick pony, which leaves a lot to desired in regards of effort and compete.

i can't imagine an extension, which would be acceptable for me and the laine camp. those two things are probably worlds apart. so adding an imaginary extension for an unknown figure into play, is stupid. laine with an 8x11m extension has imo negative value. laine with an 5x5m deal is wonderful.

now tell us, which contract laine is seeking and i tell you, if i as a devils fan would be interested in him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
From the CBJ perspective I'd do Laine for Mercer+. That's a player I'd love to have. There won't be any Jackets' 1st rounders involved so we can forget about the Hischier proposal.

Why do the Devils need to add a lot to get Laine?

Consider this: Laine was on the trade block a couple years ago, ends up going for a disgruntled high end 2C (assuming Roslovic and the CBJ 3rd rounder cancel each other out), stinks it up last season and has only recently got back to the level of play he was at when he was traded, burns through almost 2 years of team control to the point he can just sign his QO this summer and head to UFA after next season, but has somehow increased his value since he was last traded? The guy has a ton of talent but I just don't understand what he has done since he was last traded to increase his value to what Laine fans think it is, especially given his contract status.

What makes you think Laine's value is being inflated relative to the Dubois deal? Dubois is better than Hischier and with the high 1st added to Laine to get Hischier, it seems like you've got it backwards.

Reactions: Cowumbus and Viqsi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Reading theese trade forums has tought me that no trade is ever good for anyone. This is place where people bitch about anuthing and nothing is enough or then everything is too much. If the guys posting here would be GM:s, there would be 0 trades. Ever.
And do you think the GM and owner actually care if Hischier is captain or not, if he is offered an overpayment + a teamneed? And Jackets certainly adds whats needed to Laine, if they feel the trade is good. They have searched for a C for years.
Ok

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
From the CBJ perspective I'd do Laine for Mercer+. That's a player I'd love to have. There won't be any Jackets' 1st rounders involved so we can forget about the Hischier proposal.

What makes you think Laine's value is being inflated relative to the Dubois deal? Dubois is better than Hischier and with the high 1st added to Laine to get Hischier, it seems like you've got it backwards.

define better though. This season I don’t doubt it but PLD has had his ups and downs along the way and he quit on his team to force a trade. That’s a big line to cross in pro sports. In contrast Hischier is younger and despite not being consistent enough in the scoresheet he is killing himself every game for a team going nowhere. That has real world value if not fantasy trade value.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Stat fans will say Nico isn’t enough to land Laine, people within actual NHL teams understand you can’t judge a player strictly by numbers. Of course a 1 dimensional winger will out score a 2 way C. Nico plays in all situations and is obviously a leader on this team, trading him for Laine does nothing but hurt the Devils
And perhaps if the proposal was straight up one for the other, you would have a very good point.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
And perhaps if the proposal was straight up one for the other, you would have a very good point.
My comment was more directed at the fans saying NJ adds a lot in a 1-1 situation. The original trade make no sense for anyone, especially CBJ

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad