New Fanatics jerseys revealed.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006

Sounds like those that hated the dimple shoulders will no longer have to hate hate hate.

$400 for a jersey is lunacy.

I'll be scooping up Adidas ones as they go on sale.

gingerbeardman

Jun 9, 2009

Sounds like those that hated the dimple shoulders will no longer have to hate hate hate.

Collectors were paying far more than $400 in some cases for the actual on-ice authentic jerseys from Adidas since the only way to get them was via sales direct from the team, usually of the game worn variety.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

Pro jerseys, aka the ones they wear on the ice, are not cheap. We paid about $500 or more for my dads pro Jake allen nfl jersey.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

That's pretty much in line for what these are, which are stitch-for-stitch copies of what the players wear.

I'm sure a "replica" version with fewer bells and whistles will be available for a much lower (albeit still kinda crazy) price.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That's pretty much in line for what these are, which are stitch-for-stitch copies of what the players wear.

I'm sure a "replica" version with fewer bells and whistles will be available for a much lower (albeit still kinda crazy) price.
Absolutely. But my fear is that those jerseys will come with the Fanatics reputation of sucktitude...
Screenshot 2024-06-26 120808.png

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
The fact that they are made at the same factory that has always been making the NHL jerseys is promising. So I am optimistic it won't be a disaster like with MLB.

It is going to be an expected clown show for fan jerseys, merch and all of that, tho.

Reactions: DaveG

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not excited to see what this "four tiered pricing" model looks like.

The switch to Adidas was the first time that the degradation from authentic to pro replica was so laughably bad. The Fanatics replicas were straight up terrible. I collect Canucks jerseys, and that's the first time I had to make sure I was always getting Authentic Pro jerseys - which already cost a princely sum at about $280 to $300 CAD all in.

Hard to imagine Fanatics Authentic Pro's at their "top tier" price are going to be that or better. Bracing myself for $500+ jerseys, while the other three tiers are varying degrees of excrement.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Fanatics is a piece of shit company with a piece of shit product. DHGate jerseys look better than this shit. Night and day compared to Adidas.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

yep, I like that the real deal will be available but jesus that price point. And surely the drop-off in quality between the authentics and the next tier down Fanatics ones will be quite noticeable.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
How many are going to be upset when you spill your nachos on your new $400 pro jersey. 😩

Also looks like they’re finally adding reinforced elbows. A practice Starter & Pro Player were doing on their replicas decades ago - at a cheaper price point. Here’s my replica Rangers jersey with the double elbows:
E9247569-DC0A-40DD-8F25-2BDE6A8B3826.jpeg

6B38A6AD-A6D5-4905-963A-E36B8C426D36.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad