New Fanatics jerseys revealed.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Is it more embarrassing to be caught wearing a fake jersey, or caught spending $400 on a towel with logos and a number on it?
My $125 "Fake" jersey from Vintage Detroit is my favorite jersey. Some retailers make spot on jerseys, from the hand stitching to everything.

If you're a Detroit fan of any kind, Vintage Detroit is by far the best place to get jerseys or merchandise, Fanatics is just garbage.

Reactions: BB79 and Dellstrom

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah, the "fakes are easy to spot and it's heresy to wear them" crowd is a "different" type of group.

If you buy jerseys to collect them, more power to you.

I buy jerseys to wear them on game day, to the stadium, bar , wherever.

If I shell out 300 to 400 bucks on a piece of cloth you bet your sweat ass I wrap myself in cellophane while I wear that jersey.

DHgate enables me to wear a jersey that looks and most importantly feels as close to the real thing as a fake jersey can get and all that for the fraction of the price.

With those fake jerseys I won't give a damn about Steve accidentally burning holes into my jersey at the bar, or Frank vomiting down my back.
f***, Claire's lip stick on my shoulder is nothing to get mad about and when I drop my hot dog and shmear all that mustard across the front of my jersey I'll just shrug my shoulders because at the end of the day I know I only paid 20 bucks.

Get at me, badger don't care

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Are the Canes doing away with the toilet bowl logo?
Canes vs Habs will play each other in the toilet bowl. The Habs logo is the toilet seat, the Canes is the flush

I really miss the old Koho and CCM jerseys from before the Reebok era
Maybe it was just me but I felt like the Koho jerseys were made slightly better than the CCM ones. The material and stitching seemed just a touch better. Miss them too.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
An authentic pro jersey that cost $250 CAD in 2004 would be almost $400 now. When you consider inflation, the prices are roughly in the same ballpark.

The issue with Fanatics is not going to be the actual production of on ice jerseys, since they are outsourced to the same company. The major issues I could see is whether their design teams are any good. For the most part, Adidas knocked it out of the park with some of their designs.

The changeover is going to be good for hardcore collectors who only want MiC jerseys, and otherwise had to rely on whatever game or team issued jerseys leaked out to the secondary market at high prices.

I am not looking forward to the changeover because Adidas business model meant that in Canada, I could often buy Adidas "authentic" jerseys for as low as $30 on clearance. The only time I have ever paid full price for a jersey was for the Senators Reverse Retro 1.0.

Adidas releasing replica jerseys branded as authentic jerseys meant that someone who was price conscious but still wanted a good jersey could still get a good replica. During the era of Reebok Premiers, the quality of the replica Premier line was too low, and they weren't that much cheaper than the Adidas "authentic" jerseys when you adjust for inflation.

I understand that Fanatic is going to have a mid-point jersey, but I am unsure if I trust their marketing choices when it comes to how they perceive what the average jersey buyer wants out of a jersey. Look at their Mitchell N' Ness line of jerseys as an example, they don't come with actual embroidered crests.

Reactions: cptjeff

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
My $125 "Fake" jersey from Vintage Detroit is my favorite jersey. Some retailers make spot on jerseys, from the hand stitching to everything.

If you're a Detroit fan of any kind, Vintage Detroit is by far the best place to get jerseys or merchandise, Fanatics is just garbage.
I bought a signed Larkin jersey with fight strap for $300 2 years ago when I was in Detroit for a game at the store in the stadium. Great deal or are prices just getting stupid?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I read something about 4 tier pricing?

Anyone know what the different tiers are?

Here is how SN describes it
Fanatics will bring three tiers of sweater to stores: the top-of-the-line Authentic Pro sweater is the exact one McDavid & Co. uses, fight strap and all; the Premium is tighter fitting, without the added room for pads; and the more affordable Breakaway model is made from softer fabrics.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Looks like we'll be able to buy Made in Canada jerseys for the first time. It'll be the same factory that made the Adidas Made in Canadas so quality will be good. Looks like $400 USD MSRP.

They’ll be made in the same factory, and we’ll see if the quality is good. Lotta other ways to cheap out, which would 100% be on par for them.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

Awesome..video …but not going to lie this the first thing that came to mind

1719830843815.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BallardEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad