Proposal: Necas <CAR> for Chytil and Robertson <NYR>

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Did no one read the added pick part?

One is a Norris winner, the other is Jalen Chatfield.

There would definitely have to be concession for Chytil's injury history. Not a fit I guess.
Yea...unfortunately I don't think Chytil has much value, if at all with the injury history. If he gets a healthy season under him, maybe he'll get back there. Right now I think it would be very difficult to trade him for any value. I think Necas has tremendous value.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Nobody was offering 4th overall for Marty f***ing Necas

Here's the receipt:

~15:15

"I do think there were very serious conversations between Columbus and Carolina about the #4 pick. I do think that the Hurricanes…” (he meant Jackets) “…made Necas a contract offer with permission of the Hurricanes. Obviously, it didn’t get done.”

It's a good bet that the Canes were adding to him, but logically he was the primary piece in the talks.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Here's the receipt:

~15:15

"I do think there were very serious conversations between Columbus and Carolina about the #4 pick. I do think that the Hurricanes…” (he meant Jackets) “…made Necas a contract offer with permission of the Hurricanes. Obviously, it didn’t get done.”

It's a good bet that the Canes were adding to him, but logically he was the primary piece in the talks.

I'm going to call bullshit.

Either that or both the Columbus and Carolina GMs are incredibly stupid and should be fired

Columbus for being dumb enough to offer 4th, and Carolina for being dumb enough not to take it and add whatever else it took to get it done.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Either that or both the Columbus and Carolina GMs are incredibly stupid and should be fired

Columbus for being dumb enough to offer 4th, and Carolina for being dumb enough not to take it and add whatever else it took to get it done.
Calling BS after being proven wrong is a strange take.

The trade didn’t go through because Necas wouldn’t sign with the Blue Jackets.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

~35:00

Per Seravalli, Necas wouldn't sign an extension in Columbus and the deal (for 4OA) died as a result.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Calling BS after being proven wrong is a strange take.

The trade didn’t go through because Necas wouldn’t sign with the Blue Jackets.

A rumour doesn't really prove anything, though. Teams use rumours in the media to try and inflate trade value all the time.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I assume that was the Canes ask and was turned down

Waddell knows Necas really well obviously. His skating and ability to make plays at that high pace is quite rare. Fans/pundits just see his statline, but that was surpressed by PP usage. If Waddell sees him as a PPG type in a different situation, it's not unfathomable. The contract presumably would have been long-term starting at 25.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Apparently the deal revolves around Necas and the 4th overall, but it never came into fruition because Necas wouldn’t sign a new contract with the Jackets.

A similar rumor came around about a week ago, with Necas and Ehlers as the center pieces, but again, Necas apparently wouldn’t sign a new contract with the Jets, so it fell through.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Apparently the deal revolves around Necas and the 4th overall, but it never came into fruition because Necas wouldn’t sign a new contract with the Jackets.

A similar rumor came around about a week ago, with Necas and Ehlers as the center pieces, but again, Necas apparently wouldn’t sign a new contract with the Jets, so it fell through.
I wouldn’t put any stock into what that Hasbullcane-whatever account says.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Not even commenting on the proposal, or why Carolina would never trade with the Rangers outside of an overpay while both are division leaders

Necas being rumored for mega high value pieces like the 4th overall only comes out because the Carolina front office wants to leak that to try to drive value. No one from Columbus is leaking that they almost got a deal done but didn't.

The fact is, the deal didn't get done, so what we know for sure is what he isn't worth.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Not even commenting on the proposal, or why Carolina would never trade with the Rangers outside of an overpay while both are division leaders

Necas being rumored for mega high value pieces like the 4th overall only comes out because the Carolina front office wants to leak that to try to drive value. No one from Columbus is leaking that they almost got a deal done but didn't.

The fact is, the deal didn't get done, so what we know for sure is what he isn't worth.

The deal didn’t get done because Necas wouldn’t sign a new contract. So what we know for sure is an unsigned Necas isn’t worth a 4th overall, which we already knew.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad