Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I know Uiagalelei isn't like a top QB, but if the argument is that he's not good enough to play at a top program playing top teams, that ain't the case playing Memphis, unless they're better than a typical G5 team. We did see him last year at Oregon State be adequate for a team that had an outside shot at winning the Pac 12 if they managed to win their last two games. He may be a problem, but he can't be the entire problem. He went to Oregon State because of their style of pro offense.

That said, it seems like he's not long to be the starter there. He'll still get an NFL camp invite, though.

Yes. That's because Florida St for some reason doesn't understand how much of their offensive success last year was Jordan Travis creating outside of structure. It's DJU + coaching + other players. It's everything.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Florida State definitely has a worse supporting cast around DJ. Oregon State probably had one of the better OL’s in the country last year, a pretty good rushing attack, & a couple of pass catchers that are going to get a shot in the NFL.

Even with that said there was some calls even there to replace DJ by Aiden Chiles last year because they felt DJ was limiting the passing explosion of the offense. Smith did take Chiles with him to Michigan State.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Backyard Brawl is going down to the wire with both teams just trading haymakers.

Logically I feels. But my UF hatred boils over and I assume Lagway is just gonna waste a potential dev year under a good program to do whatever garbage this is.

I think he’ll be fine. It’s not easy to start as a true freshmen & Mertz isn’t a bad QB either. If I was Napier though I’d definitely hitch my wagon to him & hope like hell that selling point can save his job.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The Backyard Brawl is going down to the wire with both teams just trading haymakers.

I think he’ll be fine. It’s not easy to start as a true freshmen & Mertz isn’t a bad QB either. If I was Napier though I’d definitely hitch my wagon to him & hope like hell that selling point can save his job.
I don't get the Mertz love.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Shit happens on your way to Oregon.
images

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Meh as someone who had extremely low expectations for him, Mertz is a fairly decent college QB in a Purdy-ish way. He's just caught in a shit storm with a dead man walking in Napier trying to save his job, the #1 QB recruit in the fold, and middling talent around him.

FSU would kill for Mertz.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Ewers got hurt?

Controversy incoming from some fans.

It’s almost like QBs are better developed every single year even at the high school level and we don’t appreciate how night and day the position is from even 10 years ago. :)

They always blame the OL all the time & I’m not saying it isn’t a problem but Shadeur also just has awful awareness against the pass rush.

He also has a weird arm. Somehow he can make crazy off platform throws down the field, but when he steps into a normal clean pocket and needs to drive the ball, I get Burrow vibes. It’s exactly enough if everything is perfect. But if he loses anything, you’re boned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad