OT: NBA & Basketball - 2023-24 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Just win and the money takes care of itself.
Like Slats sez.
You wanna chase money or win?
At 2.5-3million in the bank you are already at FU territory
I want to win.
I want my name on a dozen trophies.
Every fan should know I was just not here for a paycheck.
Malik Nabers will make more money than Ive earned in my lifetime.
Reddick is guaranteed 12.5 million and he dont want to come to work
Piss off!

Reactions: majordomo

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
The Knicks don't matter in this forum, because they have no fans here. If there were one Knicks fan here, they would know what every NBA fan knows, that Thibs has played starters too much every year since 2010-11. Since there are no Knicks fans here, no will agree with that. Let's face it, we just have a huge bunch of fakers in here.
While I haven't followed Thib's career, this is the one trait of his that has stuck out like a sore thumb the last two seasons -- that and his distrust of the rest of his lineup.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just win and the money takes care of itself.
Like Slats sez.
You wanna chase money or win?
At 2.5-3million in the bank you are already at FU territory

Jalen also isn’t giving up 100M+. If he signs for the most he can on his next contract he’s giving up something like 5M a year. A figure he probably more than makes up in other revenues as the face of the New York Knicks.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
While I haven't followed Thib's career, this is the one trait of his that has stuck out like a sore thumb the last two seasons -- that and his distrust of the rest of his lineup.

Two years ago, Thibs gave his bench more minutes than any coach who won a playoff series.

Last year Brunson was the only Knick in the top 20 before injuries started to pile up. Thibs uses his bench when he has a bench he trusts not to lose their minutes.

Where he differs from some is that Thibs will shorten his bench rather than give minutes to a player that hurts the team…but he’s not unique in that, nor is he anywhere near as bad as someone like Nick Nurse.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
  • Love
Reactions: Ben Grimm

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
After listening to Caitlin Clark fans for six months, I wanna go back to the league being unpopular.

I think the problem is it seems like the league is trying to manufacture a rivalry with Angel Reese like she's on the same level. Which my understanding is not the case. I can't tell if it's a league thing or if it's a media thing where so many of the WNBA players were jealous Clark getting attention.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the problem is it seems like the league is trying to manufacture a rivalry with Angel Reese like she's on the same level. Which my understanding is not the case. I can't tell if it's a league thing or if it's a media thing where so many of the WNBA players were jealous Clark getting attention.
The rivalry is legit. As players they're not on the same level, but they had a rivalry in college and Angel's team (Chicago) are like...the Hurricanes but without being good. The whole team is filled with dirty scumbags and then Angel Reese goes there, and it was like putting Tom Wilson on the Hurricanes.

Everyone who actually watches the league hates Chicago, but all of the Caitlin fans (who don't) want to act like she's been victimized by the league who are all jealous. There have been no incidents outside of Chicago games. It's manufactured nonsense.

Here's what they annoyed me with today:

Somebody posted a thing about Breanna Stewart having a great game last night and some smug dipshit was like "oh this is a bad game for Caitlin Clark."

My brother in Christ, Breanna Stewart is better than Caitlin Clark in every statistical category except for three. It's comparing Sidney Crosby to Mario Lemieux. If Caitlin Clark ends up being Breanna Stewart, nobody will be disappointed.

Ok, I can see not knowing her beforehand, and I welcome you if Clark brought you into the league, but there's no f***ing way you've been watching this year and don't know exactly who Breanna Stewart is. It's like watching the NHL and not knowing Connor McDavid.

Then somebody posted a thing about the league's success this year and posted a picture of Sabrina Ionescu. It's usually a picture of Caitlin Clark, and I'm completely fine with that. But it was nice to see somebody else. And she deserves some credit. She has the top selling Nike shoe in the 2023-24 fiscal year (from which, as you would imagine, she draws compensation with which she could hire Caitlin Clark as a butler, but everyone's jealous), she competed with Steph Curry at the NBA all-star game, she was good friends with Kobe Bryant before he passed, her team is averaging over 12,000 this year; she's a big f***ing deal.

Some dude in the comments who would be an amazing ad for contraception: "they should have posted Caitlin Clark, not whoever that player is from New York."

Whoever that player is. I was like

exorcist-turn-around.gif

My guy, there is no way you have ever watched one half of WNBA basketball in the last four years and don't know who Sabrina Ionescu is. They don't watch.

This type of discourse is daily in online WNBA spaces.

I have absolutely no problem with Caitlin Clark herself. She's a wonderful player and has done nothing wrong, but she has drawn in a weird cult of people who don't watch the league but will die on the hill defending one player online. That's what it is. It's a cult.

That type of shit bothers me. It's against my principles. People have disagreed with me lots of times but nobody will tell you I don't do my research. I don't care if it's hockey, baseball, football, whatever. If you're going to exist in online spaces, show some f***ing respect for the space and learn about what you're talking about, or go somewhere else.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest, and you were here. I appreciate you.

Reactions: sbjnyc

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The rivalry is legit. As players they're not on the same level, but they had a rivalry in college and Angel's team (Chicago) are like...the Hurricanes but without being good. The whole team is filled with dirty scumbags and then Angel Reese goes there, and it was like putting Tom Wilson on the Hurricanes.

Everyone who actually watches the league hates Chicago, but all of the Caitlin fans (who don't) want to act like she's been victimized by the league who are all jealous. There have been no incidents outside of Chicago games. It's manufactured nonsense.

Somebody posted a thing about Breanna Stewart having a great game last night and some smug dipshit was like "oh this is a bad game for Caitlin Clark."

My brother in Christ, Breanna Stewart is better than Caitlin Clark in every statistical category except for three. It's comparing Sidney Crosby to Mario Lemieux. If Caitlin Clark ends up being Breanna Stewart, nobody will be disappointed.

Ok, I can see not knowing her beforehand, and I welcome you if Clark brought you into the league, but there's no f***ing way you've been watching this year and don't know exactly who Breanna Stewart is. It's like watching the NHL and not knowing Connor McDavid.

Then somebody posted a thing about the league's success this year and posted a picture of Sabrina Ionescu. It's usually a picture of Caitlin Clark, and I'm completely fine with that. But it was nice to see somebody else. And she deserves some credit. She has the top selling Nike shoe in the 2023-24 fiscal year (from which, as you would imagine, she draws compensation with which she could hire Caitlin Clark as a butler, but everyone's jealous), she competed with Steph Curry at the NBA all-star game, she was good friends with Kobe Bryant before he passed, her team is averaging over 12,000 this year; she's a big f***ing deal.

Some dude in the comments who would be an amazing ad for contraception: "they should have posted Caitlin Clark, not whoever that player is from New York."

View attachment 906498

My guy, there is no way you have ever watched one half of WNBA basketball in the last four years and don't know who Sabrina Ionescu is. They don't watch.

I have absolutely no problem with Caitlin Clark herself. She's a wonderful player and has done nothing wrong, but she has drawn in a weird cult of people who don't watch the league but will die on the hill defending one player online. That's what it is. It's a cult.

That type of shit bothers me. It's against my principles. People have disagreed with me lots of times but nobody will tell you I don't do my research. I don't care if it's hockey, baseball, football, whatever. If you're going to exist in online spaces, show some f***ing respect for the space and learn about what you're talking about, or go somewhere else.

It's just the power of marketing. They wouldn't give two shits about Clark or the WNBA if not for the hype. Even if she was performing exactly the same.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

View attachment 906498

Clark has a legit shot to go down as the greatest WNBA player of all time when it's all said and done.Guess that puts me in the Cult of Clark

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love that the W fans are a small, tight community. I've been networking with season ticket holders and reaping the benefits.

I just got $150 playoff tickets for $35.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad