OT: NBA & Basketball - 2023-24 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm so tired of reading all the whining about the way the WNBA is treating Caitlin Clark.

Local athlete gets hit in the most competitive league in the world, more at 11.

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Idk crap like this still happened. Walton played his first four years with Portland, won a title, they gave him pain killing shots, after that except for winning 6th man of the year with the 86 Celtics, he had a sad injury prone career, scored < 10k points, and may not have got in the BHoF w/o his college career.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Poor LeBron. Nobody wants to be his assistant coach.
Id love to have heard the LeBron and Hurley conversation.
On Cowherd he said they "talked basketball" LOL

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Dealing with the many Boston sports fans I know personally will be all kinds of obnoxious this summer.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
If the Knicks ended up with Zack Edey that would be excellent.
They traded all their debth last season. They can buy whatever they want on the market.
I say they keep and use both picks.
And congrats to LeBron for getting his assistant coach.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This move coupled with Drury allegedly being aggressive is interesting

part of me wonders if Dolan is telling his leadership that now is the time to go all in to win because he wants out in a few years.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
This move coupled with Drury allegedly being aggressive is interesting

part of me wonders if Dolan is telling his leadership that now is the time to go all in to win because he wants out in a few years.

Both should be going for it, can't blame him.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Both should be going for it, can't blame him.
Sure, just the timing is interesting. when you add the context he may be looking to get out of sports ownership, because he doesn’t enjoy it, and focus on entertainment. Allegedly looking build another Sphere, the Vegas one was way over budget.

His teams are legitimately good and he green lights them to go all in. Either they win and he gets to go out on top. Or it doesn’t work out and the next owner can deal with not having any first round picks for more than half a decade. Regardless he gets money to do entertainment stuff

Not saying I want him to sell because he’s finally learned to just f*** off and sign the checks.

But interesting none the less.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Sure, just the timing is interesting. when you add the context he may be looking to get out of sports ownership, because he doesn’t enjoy it, and focus on entertainment. Allegedly looking build another Sphere, the Vegas one was way over budget.

His teams are legitimately good and he green lights them to go all in. Either they win and he gets to go out on top. Or it doesn’t work out and the next owner can deal with not having any first round picks for more than half a decade. Regardless he gets money to do entertainment stuff

Not saying I want him to sell because he’s finally learned to just f*** off and sign the checks.

But interesting none the less.

I thought it was interesting that it came out that Steve Cohen purchased a stake in The Sphere, he seems like the natural guy to buy from Dolan if he ever does sell the teams.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's probably why he wants out. He can't have his hands on things and he wants to so badly lol. At least with doing this entertainment stuff, he can be hands on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad