OT: NBA & Basketball - 2023-24 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
Get a true and legit C. Huge acquisition
Even in today’s “modern” NBA, legit C’s don’t have 0 and I mean ZERO blocks for an entire WCF. How in the hell can you be 7 feet tall and not block a shot over an entire series. Kyrie had more blocks. With ONE. But mah 3 point shot! KAT shot 24% for that series from deep. Dude is one of the most overrated players of his generation. A slightly better Sam Perkins.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I don't know how to feel about this trade. Towns is certainly an upgrade over Randle and definitely opens the floor, but I'm concerned about play making and depth.

Our ball movement was elite last season when we had Brunson, OG, Randle, Divo/Hart and Hartenstein. We had Randle as the primary ball handler when Brunson was on the bench. Hartenstein was an elite center passer and Donte is underrated as well. Towns is not known for being a playmaker.

My guess is Bridges will take over as the secondary playmaker. He's okay at this, but he's as good at creating his own shot as Randle is. He's better as a 3 and D player.

The bench also takes a hit. Hart most likely slides in the starting line up and now we have to rely on McBride and Precious to really step up. I am confident in McBride, but he's not at the same level as Donte was offensively. But he is a better on ball defender.

A trade for a center was a must. I am not exactly sure this was the route I would have went. I think I would have waited it out and pulled the trigger closer to the trade deadline. The team was good enough to stay afloat even without an NBA caliber starting center.

With that said, I do think the ceiling for this trade is an NBA championship. If KAT can play good enough D, stretch the floor and score 20 and grab 10 rebounds, it'll be worth it. He brings a level of efficiency that Randle can't bring and he is an overall improvement on IHart and Mitch against the top centers of the East, who will need to expend energy guarding him of defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad