Value of: Nazem Kadri's next deal? And where does he sign?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Talked to him at the airport once and he said he would love to play for the Oilers and would take a discount to do so . 3,000,000.00 x 3. His dream come true . :sarcasm:

McDavid
Draisaitl
Kadri
McLeod

Down the middle doesn't look 1/2 bad

It's a wealth of riches from the top 2 guys alone. But to be honest, do you really want to pay Kadri what it will take to sign him and then watch him decline as he eats up cap space? While he declines, his cap hit will stay the same.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'll be shocked if he signs for less then 5 years.

3 years for a top 6 C is crazy

There's not a chance he signs for less than 5.

Basically look at what Hyman got now start adding dollars because he plays a more valuable position (and likely finishes with more points in his final contract year,)

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
"Value of Kadri's next deal"

- Way too much term and AAV especially if he keeps up having his career year.

"And where does he go?"

- Some desperate, sorry team that makes a huge mistake in giving him too much term and money.

NHL teams the living definition of insanity. Always giving term and money to late 20s to early 30s UFAs who have career years, and it always blowing up in their faces. Something something going the same thing over and over, something something expecting different results.

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Could see Ottawa making sense. Has played for Smith before, close to hometown, and the team will have the need at C and cap space to get it done

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Probably Seattle, they could really use him. They also have a ton of cap space so they could throw a 8mill per if they wanted.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No playoff team will touch him if he gets suspended again this playoffs. Not worth the risk.

best guess, if he wants financial reward it would be to a middle of the pack team.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal seems like a fit.
They need centre help. Kadri grew up a Habs fan. After trading some guys at the deadline they should have cap space in the offseason.
It's doubtful Montreal even make an offer to Kadri.

Last edited:

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
Montreal seems like a fit.
They need centre help. Kadri grew up a Habs fan. After trading some guys at the deadline they should have cap space in the offseason.

Actually that's not true.... Kadri was a leafs fan growing up, it was his Dad that loves the Habs. His Dad was wearing a Habs Jersey when Kadri was drafted lol.

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
He's my second favorite player in the NHL after Phil, so part of me kinda hoped he'd have a rough enough year that he might make his way back to Toronto cheap. Since that's not happening, I want him to cash out. Stastny got $6.5 for three years at a year older than Kadri will be. I could see Kadri getting four years between $24-30MM. Not really sure what the market will be because I'm not sure of the league's cap situation, but I could see any of the Rangers, Senators, Devils, Hurricanes, or Kraken as decent fits, depending on how much he costs and how good he sees their immediate futures being. Centers are always valuable, though Hertl being a similar but younger, more talented, and less suspension-prone option will probably be the primary option for teams looking if he makes it to UFA. That said, if the Sharks lose him, that's another place that might like Kadri.

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
There's not a chance he signs for less than 5.

Basically look at what Hyman got now start adding dollars because he plays a more valuable position (and likely finishes with more points in his final contract year,)

I mean, technically he's only eight points away from Hyman's final contract year, because Hyman got hurt and it was a shortened season, but let's not forget Hyman is 29, and Kadri will be 32. You're buying fewer prime years from Kadri. Love the dude, but if you're going 5+, you're making a mistake. It's possible, but with cap space tight, it's hard for me to see, and I love Naz more than his mom does.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I mean, technically he's only eight points away from Hyman's final contract year, because Hyman got hurt and it was a shortened season, but let's not forget Hyman is 29, and Kadri will be 32. You're buying fewer prime years from Kadri. Love the dude, but if you're going 5+, you're making a mistake. It's possible, but with cap space tight, it's hard for me to see, and I love Naz more than his mom does.

Top six centres, even older ones are going to pull higher aavs in contracts than top six LWs.

Hyman is a fantastic player in his own right, but despite being younger he's had much worse injury history than Kadri which balances it out a bit.

Reactions: zodiacbiller

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
What are the Avs going to do lol. No way they can afford him, they will have 1 good center on their roster. Need a 2 C, a 3rd line, and more with very little space. And they will need to sign stop gaps, which who knows what you get as MacKinnon enters his last year of contract next season and will be due at least 4M raise.

Newhook, won't be ready?

SnowStorm

Oct 6, 2013
Montana
CMV: The Avs letting Kadri walk (unless its a rediculous ask) will be a mistake and it will come back to haunt them.
Disagree. These first 18 games are not typical Kadri. He was pretty much useless last year, especially when he got suspended in the playoffs. Avs have more important places to spend the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad