Value of: Nazem Kadri's next deal? And where does he sign?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
Yeah, I understand what you're saying.

But every knowledgeable NHL fan knows that Colorado is the next TB.

You guys are stacked in terms of young (and youngish) high end talents, and still have depth everywhere.

All you guys need is a very good goalie, preferably a young (and cheap) one drafted or developped inside your organisation.
We need more grit too

Reactions: samsagat

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Picture in Habs PJs or it's a lie.
boooooookadri.0.jpeg

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Personally for Detroit I could do 3 years 25 million (8.3 AAV), maybe 4 years 30 million (7.5 AAV).

Obviously you'd love to get him cheaper but I'm trying to be realistic about what he'll command. From a Wings perspective I'd rather juice up the AAV and keep the term shorter.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Yeah, I understand what you're saying.

But every knowledgeable NHL fan knows that Colorado is the next TB.

You guys are stacked in terms of young (and youngish) high end talents, and still have depth everywhere.

All you guys need is a very good goalie, preferably a young (and cheap) one drafted or developped inside your organisation.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a great time to be an Avs fan, and I'm definitely hopeful that we will be a perpetual contender for the next 10-15 years and win multiple Cups. But, that's going to need a lot of things to go right (or at least not horribly wrong), so I'm not going to be preordering tickets to the parade quite yet.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Up to 6 goals and 23pts in 15 games, definitely busting his ass for his last big payday.

He'll be 32 when next deal kicks in but what will he get in term and money?

Could see a team like DET throw big money at him with all their cap space. Him and Larkin would further insulate the rookies.

4-5yrs x $6 million?
As much as they have the money, I’m not sure Kadri is Stevie Y material

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
It's a valid question. This is a topic that's often discussed in the Avs forum. One thing to point out is that the Avs professional scouting has had a lot of success in recent years in targeting underevalued players such as Burakovsky and Toews. There might be a struggling C that they've identified similarly. But on the same token, if they were so great in this regard, they maybe would have had a deeper roster going into the season?

I don't know if Evan Rodriguez from the Pens is really a 2C but the guy is on the 3rd/4th line now but was producing and probably can be a cheap 2C for the AVs in the off-season. He'd atleast be centre depth.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
What are the Avs going to do lol. No way they can afford him, they will have 1 good center on their roster. Need a 2 C, a 3rd line, and more with very little space. And they will need to sign stop gaps, which who knows what you get as MacKinnon enters his last year of contract next season and will be due at least 4M raise.
Newhook will be the 2C soon enough. They're not tied down too hard on cap space next season. Eric Johnson's contract expiring opens up the space for MacKinnon's raise.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Montreal, Ottawa, Arizona, Seattle, NJ, DET, BUF
No way...I think the days of Buffalo giving out dumb contracts are done... they've been burned enough already...Hodgson, Erhoff, Leino, Moulson, Okposo, Skinner, and on and on and on...

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm glad he's playing well, I was hoping the Avs would benefit from him, Burakovsky, and Nuke all in contract years in a year they want to compete for a cup. But I don't have much interest in resigning him. He's already 31, I wouldn't be surprised at all if his numbers start declining after this year.

The Avs should go after a younger 2C this summer, either in the open market or trading from the defensive depth for one.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He will be looking for at least 30 million whatever or however many years it takes

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Talked to him at the airport once and he said he would love to play for the Oilers and would take a discount to do so . 3,000,000.00 x 3. His dream come true . :sarcasm:

McDavid
Draisaitl
Kadri
McLeod

Down the middle doesn't look 1/2 bad

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You win the prize! (Althougn you should decline it!)

I'm hoping he signs a 3 year deal and helps our center depth.

If they can grab him for 3 years I'm in but it'll take moving one of the long time winger contracts somewhere (gally, hoffman, tofolli)
I'd move any of the 3 for cap space. Prefer to keep Andrrson as he has unique skill set on Habs squad.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
6.5-8 mil over 7 years.

This is going to be his payday contract, and top six centres who hit free agency will cost a premium. He'll want money and term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad