Value of: Nazem Kadri's next deal? And where does he sign?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Up to 6 goals and 23pts in 15 games, definitely busting his ass for his last big payday.

He'll be 32 when next deal kicks in but what will he get in term and money?

Could see a team like DET throw big money at him with all their cap space. Him and Larkin would further insulate the rookies.

4-5yrs x $6 million?

Reactions: Patagonia

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I like him but at 32, I can't sign him for $6M for 4-5 years. That's not smart.
I would want to do a short term - 2-3 years less money say $5M
But I'm sure he'll have takers at what you are proposing.

Reactions: violaswallet

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Montreal seems like a fit.
They need centre help. Kadri grew up a Habs fan. After trading some guys at the deadline they should have cap space in the offseason.

Wtf, I just Google this and it's accurate, would love to have Kadri but his next contract would scare me.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not entirely surprised he's currently having a career season in a contract year...

I am guessing either Montreal, especially if Bergevin is still in charge, or Ottawa, since they have had interest in him for years, will give him his payday when he hits UFA. I don't expect the Avs will be re-signing him at what he'll demand (and I certainly hope they do not).

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Montreal seems like a fit.
They need centre help. Kadri grew up a Habs fan. After trading some guys at the deadline they should have cap space in the offseason.

You win the prize! (Althougn you should decline it!)

I'm hoping he signs a 3 year deal and helps our center depth.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
What are the Avs going to do lol. No way they can afford him, they will have 1 good center on their roster. Need a 2 C, a 3rd line, and more with very little space. And they will need to sign stop gaps, which who knows what you get as MacKinnon enters his last year of contract next season and will be due at least 4M raise.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That's exactly what I thought.

But at 32, with Mtl in rebuilding mode (I hope), that would be dumb...

Are they in rebuilding mode or more retooling/promoting of their top prospects?
They are fairly stocked on the wing.
Kadri, a healthy Price and maybe another decent depth add and they could bounce back next year.

At this point, sell off Chiarot for more assets and pray for a top 3 pick at the draft in Montreal.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
What are the Avs going to do lol. No way they can afford him, they will have 1 good center on their roster. Need a 2 C, a 3rd line, and more with very little space. And they will need to sign stop gaps, which who knows what you get as MacKinnon enters his last year of contract next season and will be due at least 4M raise.

It's a valid question. This is a topic that's often discussed in the Avs forum. One thing to point out is that the Avs professional scouting has had a lot of success in recent years in targeting underevalued players such as Burakovsky and Toews. There might be a struggling C that they've identified similarly. But on the same token, if they were so great in this regard, they maybe would have had a deeper roster going into the season?

Reactions: jabubenice

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I don't expect the Avs will be re-signing him at what he'll demand

Agreed. Any talk of discounts in here would be silly, since if Kadri is willing to take a discount I imagine the Avs will keep him and if he's looking to get paid on his final big contract it'll prolly be in the neighborhood of what OP is thinking. Someone will make him a premium #2C, he's capable of 60 points at least, the ol' 10 pts / $1mil is still a good measuring stick.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Are they in rebuilding mode or more retooling/promoting of their top prospects?
They are fairly stocked on the wing.
Kadri, a healthy Price and maybe another decent depth add and they could bounce back next year.

At this point, sell off Chiarot for more assets and pray for a top 3 pick at the draft in Montreal.

Yeaaaah, hope for Price to be 27 again, hope for our prospects to develop at their max, patch and pray...

That've virtually been the recipe lately in Mtl.

Retooling, hoping to win short terms for the likes of a few MB veterans that make him sob?

Been there done that...

P.S.: plus adding another risky contract to a bad side of the 30s veteran is not something I would be comfortable with if I was Mtl GM.

How many financial burden a team can have in hope of quick fixes?

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
He'll go where the money is, and the team signing him will regret it shortly thereafter.

At 32, I give nothing more than 3 years and no more than 15 million.

3 x 15
7 + 5 + 3
No chance he signs for that little. If he's only getting $5M per year, it'd be because someone was crazy enough to give him 6 or 7 years. If he's signing for 3 years, I think it'll be around $7.5-8M per year.

Likely it'll be between the two options - 4 or 5 years at $6.5M, with the last couple years looking bad, as is typically the case with UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad