Value of: Nazem Kadri

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Is Boone Jenner available? On what basis do you prefer Boone Jenner over Kadri on the ice? Kadri scores more, defends better, has better possession numbers, better playoff performances.

Then what do you have to give up to get the only quality 2 way vet Columbus has to insulate their young roster? Ready for Ritchie and a 1st to go out? My guess is it would cost AT LEAST that to get them to move a player they don't want to move.
We've seen Kadri's defensive game in Colorado and it isn't good. He was brutal in year 2 for the Avs.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We've seen Kadri's defensive game in Colorado and it isn't good. He was brutal in year 2 for the Avs.
Again, I'm not saying he's Backlund. I'm saying his defensive numbers are way better than Jenner's. They are. Kadri wasn't brutal for the Avs in year 2 either. He got buried in his own end so Mackinnon could get the O zone starts and soft competition. The Avs are still doing that. It lets Mackinnon drive the offense, it's smart.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Again, I'm not saying he's Backlund. I'm saying his defensive numbers are way better than Jenner's. They are. Kadri wasn't brutal for the Avs in year 2 either. He got buried in his own end so Mackinnon could get the O zone starts and soft competition. The Avs are still doing that. It lets Mackinnon drive the offense, it's smart.
He was meh in year 1 and bad in year 2 to the point most wanted him gone.

Be got himself in better shape the following year.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Kadri is stuck as a Flame. There is no realistic scenario where the Flames are retaining on Kadri. The closest I could think of is something akin to the Lucic/Neal swap but the important difference is Kadri has been perfectly fine as a Flame overall so far.

Without retention there are precious few teams who can afford to fit his contract into their cap structure. Even among those that can, the return the Flames could expect would be pretty modest if not outright non-existent. Not much motivation for the Flames to try and find such a fit.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Kadri is stuck as a Flame. There is no realistic scenario where the Flames are retaining on Kadri. The closest I could think of is something akin to the Lucic/Neal swap but the important difference is Kadri has been perfectly fine as a Flame overall so far.

Without retention there are precious few teams who can afford to fit his contract into their cap structure. Even among those that can, the return the Flames could expect would be pretty modest if not outright non-existent. Not much motivation for the Flames to try and find such a fit.
If I'm the Avs and I could send back Johansen or Girard in the deal I'd do it.

Reactions: Frenchy

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That isn't a reason to trade Kadri for a couple of "bad" contracts, though. If we aren't competing for 3-4 years Kadri's deal impacts the Flames less, not more.
No, it means his 3-4 good years he has left are useless to us and the 2-3 bad years at the end hurt us. I'd move Kadri for free. I'd expect assets to take back Johansen. My proposal has been Kadri for Johansen, Behrens and a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad