Value of: Nazem Kadri

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
CGY fans, what is your view and feelings on Kadri? Would you entertain trading him for a good package and what would that cost with 1 mil retention for 5 years?

Reactions: Coffees

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Doesn't he have a no trade clause?

I would be shocked at the flames trade him But they should.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Well, specifically back to Colorado. Unless Colorado is on his NTC?…. Would love him back for some cup runs

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Hes playing great so far

Would love him on the leafs somehow

Kadri@6M for Bertuzzi + Reeves + 1st

Garbage offer when you're sending back 2 cap dumps and want 5 years of retention. Kadri will be overpaid the last few years of his deal assuming his production drops, but he's earning his contract right now and a late 1st with all that extra wouldn't move the needle.

If Calgary was dead set on a rebuild and just wanted to clear the decks it would be more likely, but they have made zero indication that's their plan.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Well, specifically back to Colorado. Unless Colorado is on his NTC?…. Would love him back for some cup runs
Now that your pitching arm is warm, what about that "Value of Jack Roslovic" thread since that's somewhat realistic?

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I doubt Calgary wants to move him unless its a really good offer, they still need centres to play. I'd trade him but then I'd like to see a full rebuild where management seems to be leaning more toward a quick retool. Either way the Flames won't retain anything for 5 years.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'd take Kadri back but if it was the other way around I would be furious at my GM if he retains anything for 5 years.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Now that your pitching arm is warm, what about that "Value of Jack Roslovic" thread since that's somewhat realistic?
Kadri would fit better because he knows our system. Roslocvic has way too many questions especially on effort

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Let's say the Avs acquire Kadri (with RyJo going back to dump salary). What do the Avs do if Landeskog returns this season or next?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Garbage offer when you're sending back 2 cap dumps and want 5 years of retention. Kadri will be overpaid the last few years of his deal assuming his production drops, but he's earning his contract right now and a late 1st with all that extra wouldn't move the needle.

If Calgary was dead set on a rebuild and just wanted to clear the decks it would be more likely, but they have made zero indication that's their plan.
Bertuzzi is a 1 year deal

His contract expires in 35 games. Thats valuable to the flames. They have no LT risk of dead cap vs leafs who have that risk still

Reeves has 2 years left at 1.3M his contract is fully buryable besides ~200K.

The 1st is value for kadri for next 2 or so years worth of play

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Bertuzzi is a 1 year deal

His contract expires in 35 games. Thats valuable to the flames. They have no LT risk of dead cap vs leafs who have that risk still

Reeves has 2 years left at 1.3M his contract is fully buryable besides ~200K.

The 1st is value for kadri for next 2 or so years worth of play
I don’t see Bert waiving his NMC to go to a team that isn’t in the playoff picture.

To most other playoff teams sure but not to a team that is currently selling.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Theres zero chance they retain and honestly no one would pay what they'd want.

Need him until they find some more centers

Bond

May 10, 2012
Yeah, I think the only way Kadri is traded is if there is no retention. So it would have to be value and some shorter term but terrible cap dump. Seems unlikely

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’s been really good. I’d want a first with no retention. Retentaining a million for 6 years would cost another first (ie Monahan trade from Calgary, 6 mil)

Kadri (@6 mil)

For
Ritchie + 2nd

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
He was a great fit with you guys. I wonder what the cost would be? If the flames trade a bunch of their players, I wonder how much emphasis they put on getting roster players or near ready prospects opposed to picks? I can't see them going scorched earth
With their ownership so timing could play a role. If other guys get moved before kadri for futures, maybe they look for a more hockey type trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad