Nazem Kadri Discussion - MOD WARNING IN THE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Hes on the cba repeat offender list, so it is very likely he will get a game or two.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think maybe a fine but you can't be serious comparing the resulting action from FORTY FOUR years ago.

that's just silly... completely different league, completely different world.

So because Espisto's same gesture happened 40 years ago and nothing was said, today there SHOULD be something done because today's NHL players and fans will have their feelings hurt if nothing's done.;)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Does anyone think that the league will do something about this? Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, Espisito did it at the summit series in 1972 and nothing was said. Today things are different and people are more sensitive, so I think something will be done, I hope not, but we'll see.

So this is the problem with the throat slash. Kadri was obviously angry enough, from the hit to continually hunt down Gio and try to get retribution.

1) It shows that Kadri was putting his bruised ego in front of the best interest of the team. This me 1st attitude is not something Babcock wants permeating through his locker room. Its toxic.

2) This is the biggest reason it was wrong, what if Kadri had got his pound of flesh and it ended up being a hit from behind or a head shot or something much worse and Gio get hurt. The throat gesture would have shown premeditation on Kadris part. The gesture then becomes a liability on the leagues part and on Kadris part.

I have not seen a player that mad since the Bertuzzi incident. the difference is Bertuzzi is a monster of a man and Kadri is a featherweight of a man. Bertuzzi was able to exact his revenge because he was big enough to do it, Kadri was not because of his small stature.

It was a learning lesson for Kadri and he will be a bigger man next time.

2016 - Suspended ??
2015 - Team suspension
3/18/2015 Suspended by the NHL for 4 games.
11/14/2013 Suspended by the NHL for 3 games.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Lou says he has no knowledge of what the league is going to do and that Naz shouldnt have done it.

It was discussed for about 8 seconds.

Wow 8 seconds, cool. Thanks for the update.

I agree, he shouldn't have don't it. Babcock'll probably give him a smack upside the head, tell him to smarten up next time and that'll be the end of it.

OvenMittz*

I didn't watch the game but I was listening on the radio..

I heard Kadri got hit hard trying to deke through 3 guys with his head down.. And Gio had his hand a little too high but it was legal.

Kadri chased him around after that and tried to land a hit but got knocked down again, and looked a tad foolish and then proceeded to make the hand gesture.

Am I close enough? Didn't watch the game but that's what I make out of it from what I heard.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Lesson learned for Kadri
I thought Kadri was just motioning that the other player should have a neck guard.
He wasn't gesturing to cut anyone's throat.
Silly Media.

Kudos to Kadri for trying to protect other players.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I heard Kadri got hit hard trying to deke through 3 guys with his head down.. And Gio had his hand a little too high but it was legal.

Kadri chased him around after that and tried to land a hit but got knocked down again, and looked a tad foolish and then proceeded to make the hand gesture.

Am I close enough? Didn't watch the game but that's what I make out of it from what I heard.

Basically that is what happened. Bruised ego, bruised chin, bruised reputation.

mikebel111*

Yup. He got caught with his head dpwn, and got nailed with a clean hit. Clearly Kadri thought it was a headshot, and than screamed the words "your dead' and a throat slash gesture, than he gets caught on camera as well

It was a stupid thing to do and he knows it, you live you learn

OvenMittz*

On the radio Lou was obviously not happy about the incident, and said he had spoken to the league (maybe they called him) and he doesn't feel anything will happen but it's not for sure.

He said he has spoken to Kadri about the incident. So Lou probably gave him a nice lecture, slap on the wrist and smarten up next time speech.

mikebel111*

On the radio Lou was obviously not happy about the incident, and said he had spoken to the league (maybe they called him) and he doesn't feel anything will happen but it's not for sure.

He said he has spoken to Kadri about the incident. So Lou probably gave him a nice lecture, slap on the wrist and smarten up next time speech.

Lou is probably like

"Hey Nazem, we have been really with your play so far, and think your an important part, but than you do this. Your killing me here Naz:laugh:

OvenMittz*

I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear the Godfather Lou give out the lecture.

Bodyguards to his sides, Dim room with spot light on Naz sitting in a chair.

And loud face comes through the light "don't make me look bad again or else"

Lights turn on and there gone leaving Kadri on an empty room.

mikebel111*

If you look at the video a little later in the sequence, Kadri is thinking "I shouldn't have done that"

Well at least we know there are 2 sides to an angry Kadri.
An angry good Kadri and an angry bad Kadri

More of the angry good Kadri please. Thanks Nazem.

mikebel111*

I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear the Godfather Lou give out the lecture.

:laugh::handclap:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
And to add on what Sabre said. He has spoken to Nazem about it, and its behind them.

So basically its not that big of an issue

Thanks for the update.

I thought Kadri was just motioning that the other player should have a neck guard.
He wasn't gesturing to cut anyone's throat.
Silly Media.

Kudos to Kadri for trying to protect other players.

LOL. If a team-mate was asked about the incident, that would be close to a perfect response. An obvious BS line (admitting he was dumb without actually saying so), but at the same time sticking up for him, showing him you're on his side and doing it with a bit of humour.

Would only add that it looked to me like ironically enough, Giordano could have killed him but let up a bit. I would hope the message to Kadri from Lou and Babcock would be don't make gestures like that, but more importantly, don't try to do too much and dont' set yourself up like that, keep your head up if you want to live man.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

LOL. That happened. I know it did. Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
If anything subsequently did happen Naz would be in big trouble but in the first place I was thinking who is going to do it? no Orr or Maclaren, was Naz going to f'ing kill him himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad