Salary Cap: Nazem “Suspension” Kadri – Cap casualty?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Marchand has caused 3 known concussions. Kadri has ZERO. Marchand has Jacobs. Kadri has nothing. This is the TRUTH. You can all go make up whatever paper trails you want. Fact is Marchand is the better player and the NHL has 2 standards. One for stars and one for everyone else. Even when the stars are well known total d*cks both on and off the ice.

You should be responding to @Martin Skoula . You and I are in agreement , he's the one talking about paper trails.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I look forward to Kadri wearing a Leafs jersey next year. Hopefully many years to come.

I love the folks trying to paint Kadri as if he is in the echelon of scumbags and skunks, like Cooke and co. So hilarious.

Two thoughts:

1) He absolutely isn't a scumbag

2) He's going to be suspended like he is a scumbag if he doesn't clean it up.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
If they can use Kadri to improve the defense and then find a cheaper option on the 3rd line that can chip in 15-20 goals/35-40 points, then go ahead and trade him. But I wouldn't be happy if they traded him just because they wanted to move on from him.

Reactions: PemIceKing

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kadri is the only sandpaper currently wearing blue and white. We need him.
I don’t disagree with the need for sandpaper, but our main focus, top priority, needs to be that void down the right side on D.
If you can fix it within the constraints of salary cap, UFAs are usually more expensive or have too many miles on them, or you can fix it via Kapanen trade etc., go for it.

But Marleau,Brown,Zaitsev,Marlies,etc, aren’t going to fix it.

You can have a bottom 6 of Hyman/Moore/Tanev/3C/Brown/etc sandpaper not making more than 1-2 million apiece.

Who is playing LW with Matthews?
And who plays RD with Rielly/Muzzin?

These answers are top priority.

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
How could a
Great video. Indisputable evidence. The dirtiest player in hockey today. Always knows he has Jacobs and Chara back there for him. Once he does not have the support from Jacobs and Chara things might end up a little different. Karma is a b*tch.

How could anyone in their right mind, Bruin fans included, not absolutely hate this player. He deserves no respect from anyone.

Reactions: willmma

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
i am pretty darn sure if dubas wanted he could find more talent and grit. it's not that difficult.
There isnt any player available who either as talented as Madri or as Gritty as Madri(when looking at impact guys). Usually you'll find skilled wingers who shy away from contact or others who are bashers but give little to no offense and possession abilities.

Guys like Josh Anderson, Chris Kreider, Are not really available and would cost too many assets to make for a worthwhile deal.

We should keep 43 unless a solid deal presents itself. Dont trade a valuable asset for the sake of making a change. Get his ass into counselling/anger managment. His talent level is that of a low end 1st line who can go up and down the top 3 lines and match other top lines. He is a pain to watch cuz of his loose cannon mindset. He needs to take responsibility and stop hurting us. Dropping the gloves instead of dirty hits.

If we can do a Madri for pesce type of deal than ya take it. But dont deal him for a mid 20s first and a B prospect. Neither help our team for the next few years and we trade Madri at low value.

Reactions: PemIceKing

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I look forward to Kadri wearing a Leafs jersey next year. Hopefully many years to come.

I love the folks trying to paint Kadri as if he is in the echelon of scumbags and skunks, like Cooke and co. So hilarious.
Kadri isn't a dirty player in the same way as Marchand, Cooke, and so on.

The biggest difference is that Marchand, for example, is smart enough to rarely cross the line, and usually only do it when he won't get punished. Kadri either isn't smart enough or isn't controlled enough.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad