OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, DC United: Version V

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Curious to see what the roster move will be to make room for him in the pen.

Guilmet goes back when McFarland is reinstated from Bereavement...then what? McFarland likley has an option...but I like him over Matusz at this point.

I suppose they could DFA Lough.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Last night was solid, but it seems like he gets shelled every few games and rarely makes it deep into games. Maybe I'm just a pessimist given all the other pitchers that have failed in an Orioles uniform.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
They've got 4 lefties in the bullpen right now (counting McFarland), so I bet they move Matusz for a PTBNL, or as part of a trade for someone like Suzuki. Then maybe Brach gets sent down when Jimenez comes back?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
They've got 4 lefties in the bullpen right now (counting McFarland), so I bet they move Matusz for a PTBNL, or as part of a trade for someone like Suzuki. Then maybe Brach gets sent down when Jimenez comes back?
I think they ruled out getting a catcher this last due to him having to learn the staff and the staff learn him.

Brach has been one of their better long relievers...Id hate to see him go.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Might be a bit of protect your nuts, but if Bundy hits, he's got electric stuff. Has looked good in his time back. Like Gausman, gotta give them time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
His shortest outing this season was 4 innings.

His last two starts have been outstanding. 6.2 and 7 with only 4 earned (3 last night)

And the start before that he gave up 5 ER in those 4 innings. He's surrendured 5 ER in three of his ten starts. He alternates between being able to shut down teams (for 5-6 innings) and getting lit up. I didn't say he sucked, just that he's inconsistent and rarely goes deep in games (he's gone 5 innings or fewer in 50% of his starts). There's potential, but we've seen other pitchers demonstrate potential and never emerge as quality MLB starters as well.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
They wouldn't have to give up anything at least.

And just by stepping in the batters box....he'd have a higher OPS than Schoop and Flaherty.

Yeah. I'm down. I doubt it happens....but what the hell.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't think they want to sacrifice anything defensively anyway so they'll probably just stick with what they've got.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Screw it! Bring back B Rob for one last ride.

967297248_b9NfD-M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad