OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, DC United: Version V

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Because it's boring as ****. Baseball is good for kids and old folks because both groups have nothing but time on their hands.

I'll go to a game but it's primarily to sit outside and drink beer. Citifield has open concourses which are fantastic. I've gone to games there and never even gone to my seats.

And Jeter sucks.

Hah, I was the same way in San Diego. We used to go to PetCo Park all the time yet I couldn't name a single player on the Padres. We'd just sit outside in the beautiful weather and slam beers until it was time to go to the bars.

I hope the Orioles and Nats do well because my friends are fans but I couldn't care less about the sport.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I love baseball. If you were an Orioles fan in the 60's or 70’s it'd be hard to not love baseball.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
His hitting, however, is not at all. Getting that kind of production that consistently for that long from a shortstop is nothing short of insane.

The guy is likely going to finish his career 6th all time in hits. As a shortstop? I don't care what you think of his defense there is no way a player who finishes 6th all time in hits was overrated...

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
The Wizards have hired Kevin Durant's former high school coach David Adkins as a player development assistant. (Via Washington Post)

:laugh:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Bullets win..off to the quarters on Saturday. Rice great at driving to the basket and drawing fouls or getting and ones. Great body control on contact and still getting the and one.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Ryan Injurmman placed on DL with a hammy.

Nice timing...d*ck

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Bummer for Zimm. But I do find the spectacularly bad throws rather entertaining on slow nights. It's like Ovi tripping on the blue line in national broadcast games. Oh no he didn't.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Hey all, first off I'm a Habs fan but the majority of my family lives in Baltimore and I'm a die hard Orioles fan. This seems like the best spot on the boards to talk O's so I hope you don't mind if I invade your board every once in a while. Looking forward to talking some baseball. Cheers.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I like Schoop...but they need some more production from 2nd base in terms of OPS...but I have no idea who they would get.

They have plenty of arms to deal.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
They don't need a closer. Britton has done very well in that role. Rumors have pointed to them looking for late innings relief help (especially a LHP), but they've shot down that they want someone else to close games. They already balked on a deal that would have sent JJ back to Baltimore.

They've been tied to multiple relievers and starters. But all the rumors are pointing to them not dealing Harvey, Gausman, or Bundy. Then it's similar to past deadlines. 2nd and 3rd-tier prospects for back of the rotation guys. No way that they send primo assets to Tampa for Price. They're not going to pay Philly's price for Cliff Lee, nor would they want that contract. San Diego doesn't seem to want to deal Kennedy unless they get blown away. Burnett hasn't had the season he had last year, and has an expensive player option for next year, so I don't think they'd pursue him. Maybe Jorge de la Rosa or Bartolo Colon, if either could be had without giving up a high-end prospect.

I could see them kicking the tires and making a value-move to bring in a 2B or catcher. Kurt Suzuki or Emilio Bonifacio could be options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad