Waived: Nate Schmidt to be bought out

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That begs the question of who?

Tanev locked up, Marino gone, Montour likely to be courted hard, Zadorov has lots of interest around the league,

Maybe we make a push for Walker?

There is still an Ehlers return.

I don't think McG returns an established RD.

I think draft expectations were too high because people wanted a first.

Trades for near ready prospects or established players was always more likely to fit Chevy's prices.

None

Feb 22, 2012
The org likes set roles. Schmidt played the role Ville would likely play. The bottom pair second unit pp puck moving role is now open.

Unfortunately it looks like Stab is likely to play the Snerg role and Snerg will play the Dillon role.

Hopefully Arniel shakes up those set roles when necessary, but I'm doubtful.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Would you rather give up a 2nd or 3rd and retain almost $3m this year or buy him out? He's certainly a cap dump at this point.
I disagree I’m sure at 3 or 2 mil he is a valuable asset just not at 5.9 mil. But, obviously league disagrees. Also, I’m fine with moving 3rds as they rarely mount to anything.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
My guess is we hear a Monohan signing at some point. We needed that extra space for him and Perfetti plus depth and a backup.

Yes I think so too (or potentially Dillon). My main concern is this: we had a good team last year, but I think our early playoff exit (and particularly how we were outplayed by Colorado) demonstrated that some meaningful changes are needed to take the next step forward - not a roster overhaul, but still something meaningful. So far I have a feeling that we will soon be very close to trying to simply run it back with an almost-the-same roster as last year with more minor tweaks. Time will tell.

Maybe the bigger addition will come in the Rutger trade that we are all eagerly waiting to see play out (not so much wanting to see Rutger traded, but since it’s inevitable that he’s leaving now I think many of us have come to terms with it and it is interesting to think of what may come back our way, as I think that’s the asset that may ultimately help us take it to the next level - hopefully a big upgrade on right D).

Reactions: surixon

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Is Dillon actually gone though...? Still one day for an announcement...

Schmidt will be a solid min wage 3rd pairing for a team... maybe he replaces Trouba in New York

I'd trade Ehlers for Durzi+ if possible - that bumps Pionk down but not sure Utah goes for it - their d-core is fkn solid now

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watch us start the season with
Jomo-pionk
Heinola-demelo
Stan-samberg

Our least optimal d core haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad