Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Jersey here, what do you want for Jankowski?
Late draft pick? I don't think the Preds would be interested in dealing him for what he would actually return, although I personally would welcome it.

What's NJ's interest in him?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
He got his icetime cut a bit last game but how long until Sissons faces any heat from the coaching staff? I've long been a defender of him but he's been straight up garbage this year and almost everyone he's been paired with has significantly better numbers when they aren't stuck with him.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Late draft pick? I don't think the Preds would be interested in dealing him for what he would actually return, although I personally would welcome it.

What's NJ's interest in him?

Curtis Lazar injury last night - didn't look good, so just looking at options for a warm body and extra forward.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
To take Schenn or Lauzon with him.
I definitely worry about our D these days.

Josi is Josi,

Skjei is... well he's not as good as Ekholm as far as I can tell so far? :dunno: He's a reasonable veteran #2/3. He plays a different game than McDonagh, but can log minutes and be leaned on.

Our big problem IMO is that leaves us leaning waaaay too heavily on the rest. Lauzon and Carrier might be adequate 3rd pair guys. But we basically have to use them as our #3/4 guys, which is too high on the depth chart for the players they are. We don't use Fabbro, so whatever his ceiling is we'll never know. Schenn is washed.

I wish we had been able to land another top-4 UFA in addition to Skjei. Eventually Molendyk will arrive. But in the meantime, for a team that is supposedly in a "win-now" mode, I think we're at least one solid top-4 D away. I don't know how we get there, and I don't think there is upside in our current group (NHL or AHL) to get us there. Even if Stastney came back, he'd just be a more stable/mobile 3rd pair guy - which would be useful too - but we'd still end up leaning too much on Lauzon and Carrier IMHO. :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: BigFatCat999

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If we treated our LHD as LHD (instead of pairing Skjei and Josi together), then we have a pretty good setup at LHD. Josi, Skjei, Lauzon is pretty good depth. Bad thing is that puts our RHD as Fabbro, Carrier, and Schenn which is extremely weak.

If you pair Skjei and Josi together, you have a strong 1st pair, then the rest is less than ideal. Lauzon and Carrier would ideally be a strong 3rd pair but they are the default 2nd pair. Schenn and the rotational player then become a 3rd pair to be desired.

We dont really have a solution to either setup in house that could reasonably step up in the short term. MdG is more 3rd pairing upside and can pair with Schenn but that leaves Lauzon/Carrier as 2nd pair. Stastney has the same issue as MdG but with a little more upside.

We dont really have a RHD candidate that can step up to the NHL level or a LHD candidate capable of pushing Lauzon down a pair. So sortof stuck in no mans land until one of Molendyk, Gibson, Matier, Wilsby, etc manage to push their way up.

Apparently Stastney was skating at what appears to be a stick and puck in Sheboygan, WI. Not sure if that's a good or a bad sign.
Not being with either team (MIL/NSH), i take as a bad sign personally.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Not being with the team, but geographically at least close to Milwaukee. Although I guess he's from the Chicago area, so it's also not necessarily very far from home/family either? :dunno:

At least it's not some completely different location?

A reporter skating with him who can't report on what is going on with him is maybe a bigger worry for me. I mean, you'd ask, right? But you can't say. :dunno:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah it definitely seems like he's nowhere close to returning but I guess he's at least alive and skating. I do think this kind of fits with him having gotten a bad concussion from the Joshua hit last playoffs and he's trying to work his way back. Whatever it is I really hate it for him but at least he got a decent payday this offseason.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Is Stastney counting against the roster currently? Can't they put him in Milwaukee as he'll need a recovery stent either way? Did we already talk about this?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Is Stastney counting against the roster currently? Can't they put him in Milwaukee as he'll need a recovery stent either way? Did we already talk about this?
He's on Season Opening IR, which I believe means he doesn't count against the roster limit but he does have a small cap hit based on the number of games he played last season. Puckpedia shows it as a $253k cap hit currently.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Not being with the team, but geographically at least close to Milwaukee. Although I guess he's from the Chicago area, so it's also not necessarily very far from home/family either? :dunno:

At least it's not some completely different location?

A reporter skating with him who can't report on what is going on with him is maybe a bigger worry for me. I mean, you'd ask, right? But you can't say. :dunno:
If he were close to returning, id think he would be skating in a practice somewhere even if just a non-contact jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad