Confirmed with Link: (NAS/MTL) Shea Weber for P.K. Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think overall the advanced stats available are rather poor for hockey. They are little more than a tool, and it has to be used in the right context. This isn't baseball. There are moving parts that are not being accounted for at all. Until these are better quantified, you will never be able to account for true defensive prowess across systems, coaching styles, and defensive partners/forward defensive abilities.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I've been contemplating what to do for a month now and I have reached my decision. Although I've been a Habs supporter for well over 40 years, this is the trade that finally drove me over the edge. I will be getting the NHL package just to watch all the Preds games. We (Hab fans) sat by like sheep and continued to support the organization as they dismantled this franchise and drove it into oblivion. Chelios, Roy, Langway, McDonagh and now the icing on the cake, Subban. As long as the two idiots Bergevin and Therrien are in Montreal, I can no longer support the team. Enough is enough!! GO PREDS GO!!!!!!!!

Ps. sorry about my avatar, that will change with my next post.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
A warning to our PredHabs who plan on watching our broadcasts. You will have to mute the sound because our broadcast team is horrible. Seriously, they are terrible. You might try the radio stream for commentary. Or just supply your own.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've been contemplating what to do for a month now and I have reached my decision. Although I've been a Habs supporter for well over 40 years, this is the trade that finally drove me over the edge. I will be getting the NHL package just to watch all the Preds games. We (Hab fans) sat by like sheep and continued to support the organization as they dismantled this franchise and drove it into oblivion. Chelios, Roy, Langway, McDonagh and now the icing on the cake, Subban. As long as the two idiots Bergevin and Therrien are in Montreal, I can no longer support the team. Enough is enough!! GO PREDS GO!!!!!!!!

Ps. sorry about my avatar, that will change with my next post.

Welcome!

Have some pie then go check out the Habs transition thread for a little bit about us. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2099103

It really is a different culture--we put what we know as sports fans is FUN into the team and we've grown a team from infancy and actually had a hand in creating the traditions. We also know what really happened instead of what the media reported.

We're happy to have you aboard and want you to understand where we're coming from--it's like the new kid moving to a new neighborhood--you will never understand everything about your new neighbors but we'll clue you in as necessary so you can still be a part of "us". It will be different but it's all hockey!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yes, I imagine they will be treated to more than one of his steely glares. He may know how to say the right things but he'll never be able to control The Glower. :laugh:

and the Glower is most definitely bilingual... it means the same thing in English and French

la flama blanca

Mar 14, 2012
CpWXDxwXEAAW7PD.jpg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Interesting--I saw video from Shea's photo shoot on Facebook and noticed that the female photographer looked very much like a former poster on the old NP boards--she was a teenager then but we've kept in touch on FB. I remember she really liked Yanic Perreault and had his name in her screen name (nopanicyanic I think), but I can't remember what it was. She grew up and became a photographer for the Canadiens, so it wasn't a stretch for me to realize it was her, but I confirmed it. Yet another Montreal-Nashville connection.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Lost in my excitement for PK76, that photo really hit me. This is the first time it's really sunk in that my father and I's favorite player of all time is gone. If we somehow win a cup it just wont feel (as) right. I'd do the trade 100000 times again but... man... I hate everything about that photo.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anthony Weiner weighs in on the trade

Anthony Weiner interviewed by AW (538 reporter):

WH: Wrapping it up, who’s your sleeper pick to win the cup this year?

AW: I still think the Predators are due to break through.

WH: Because of the trade? [Montreal traded P.K. Subban to the Predators in exchange for Shea Weber in June.]

AW: They won that trade.

WH: They won it?

AW: No doubt about it. [Subban]’s basically two years younger, much more of an impact kind of a guy. It was basically they were getting rid of his attitude problem or whatever the hell they had. So the Predators have always been — I always get burned on the Predators. I picked them to go far. They had a weird year this year. Their goaltending was off the first quarter, third of the year. I think Pekka Rinne is one of my favorite goalies. I think he’s amazing. But I don’t know. The East is super strong. The East is very strong.

OK, so Weiner's not that good at math. Almost 4 years separate Subban and Weber. I don't know, does anyone really want Weiner in their corner? :sarcasm:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Anthony Weiner interviewed by AW (538 reporter):

WH: Wrapping it up, who’s your sleeper pick to win the cup this year?

AW: I still think the Predators are due to break through.

WH: Because of the trade? [Montreal traded P.K. Subban to the Predators in exchange for Shea Weber in June.]

AW: They won that trade.

WH: They won it?

AW: No doubt about it. [Subban]’s basically two years younger, much more of an impact kind of a guy. It was basically they were getting rid of his attitude problem or whatever the hell they had. So the Predators have always been — I always get burned on the Predators. I picked them to go far. They had a weird year this year. Their goaltending was off the first quarter, third of the year. I think Pekka Rinne is one of my favorite goalies. I think he’s amazing. But I don’t know. The East is super strong. The East is very strong.

OK, so Weiner's not that good at math. Almost 4 years separate Subban and Weber. I don't know, does anyone really want Weiner in their corner? :sarcasm:
Is he the former US congressman that took obscene selfies? Is it that Anthony Weiner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad