Proposal: Nail Yakupov for Adam McQuaid, 2nd and 3rd rounder.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I would do this . McQuaid would be the best bottom pairing we had in years . Yes he better then Gryba .

To Edmonton McQuaid + Edmonton 2nd back

To Boston Yakupov .

Even if Boston done this and their prospects weren't ready they could sign Gryba for a year or 2 and while Gryba isn't as good as a stop gap he is fine

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
It's that Kevan Millar signing that bothers me... Just get the feeling that Mcquaid's going to be the odd man out. Love to see him go to Edmonton and provide some leadership and toughness!

This is not a cap dump Edmonton fans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_C330blVE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQiyz8J-Gv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBcCMtWKPQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5twzq0DnpkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8di6KdHqhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2_SGTJMTk

I agree with you after seeing the video evidence,he is not a cap dump. I would be interested in seeing some video of how he deal with wingers with outside speed, as that looks like a potential red flag to me.

If he was available for a pick or some lower tier prospect i would be interested, but I really think Yakupov will turn the corner this season and we would regret trading him. If you look at his draft class, only Galchenyk has really put up any significant points and even that was only one season.

If you watch enough drafts and follow players you see that a draft year usually comes into main stream in their 5th year. Some players come in early, but they are usually the special players and hence the term NHL ready. 2012 is a below average draft and the players from that draft did not develop fast as a whole. There are some very good players in the group and a lot of talent, but none of them was dominant for the last 4 seasons. Yakupov is just another face in that group and while he was the first pick he did show some potential when used right. Why give up just before you really find out if he is a player or not. This years team has a whole different look and Yakupov fits the dynamic more now.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't know. A little more toughness on the backend would be nice. Outside of Nurse, we don't have any real mean SOBs.

Add in right shot, character guy. He'd be a good addition. Lets us start Nurse and Reinhart in the AHL.

Could be a solid 3rd pairing guy for us, and when Nurse is ready bring him up on the 3rd line with McQuaid. Try and **** with those two.

No, we need more offense from the back end.

Larsson is good for 150-200 hits. Reinhart's physical game is coming along. And bringing back Gryba adds more of that. And we also have Kassian and Hendricks up front who are willing to drop the gloves.

As crazy as it sounds, we need Yakupov to help off-set the offense lost by moving Taylor Hall. That's 80 points that aren't going to get covered by Puljujarvi and Looch.

I'm sure McQuaid's a great team guy and all that junk, but he's the last thing the Oilers need to be spending $3m on for the next few years.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
How about Hayes+Mcquaid for Yak. Both wingers need a change of scenery albeit Yaks ceiling is higher.

Additions? Subtractions?

camdon

Oct 24, 2008
I agree with you after seeing the video evidence,he is not a cap dump. I would be interested in seeing some video of how he deal with wingers with outside speed, as that looks like a potential red flag to me.

If he was available for a pick or some lower tier prospect i would be interested, but I really think Yakupov will turn the corner this season and we would regret trading him. If you look at his draft class, only Galchenyk has really put up any significant points and even that was only one season.

If you watch enough drafts and follow players you see that a draft year usually comes into main stream in their 5th year. Some players come in early, but they are usually the special players and hence the term NHL ready. 2012 is a below average draft and the players from that draft did not develop fast as a whole. There are some very good players in the group and a lot of talent, but none of them was dominant for the last 4 seasons. Yakupov is just another face in that group and while he was the first pick he did show some potential when used right. Why give up just before you really find out if he is a player or not. This years team has a whole different look and Yakupov fits the dynamic more now.

Can't disagree!! Possibly Mcquad's a match for the Oilers down the stretch...

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
I would do this . McQuaid would be the best bottom pairing we had in years . Yes he better then Gryba .

To Edmonton McQuaid + Edmonton 2nd back

To Boston Yakupov .

Even if Boston done this and their prospects weren't ready they could sign Gryba for a year or 2 and while Gryba isn't as good as a stop gap he is fine
Why would you throw away a million for 2 D who are almost identical?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
McQuaid is a tough customer. If we got to keep our 2nd and the Bruins added a 3rd on top of McQuaid I would probably make this trade. McQuaid is an upgrade on Gryba for sure, definitely a better fighter. It'd be selling low on Yak but I'd prefer McQuaid over Fayne if we could move Fayne out.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm a Yakupov fan and also one who believes that you have McQuaid OR Kevan Miller in the line-up. I'd pull the trigger on this one and hope Yakupov can find some success with a fresh start in the Eastern Conference.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Chia wont be doing Bruins any favors after taking a less offer from Flames for Hamilton. Wont happen.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
maybe one day chiarelli will have a civil relationship with whoever replaces neely in boston... but it wont happen while neely holds power.

as much as i think this deal helps both teams, petty politics kills it

camdon

Oct 24, 2008
maybe one day chiarelli will have a civil relationship with whoever replaces neely in boston... but it wont happen while neely holds power.

as much as i think this deal helps both teams, petty politics kills it

Agree.. Who do you think lasts longer Neely or Chiarelli?

victor

Sep 6, 2003
35 years as a Bruins fan and hope you're wrong!!

Chiarelli walked into a good spot in Edmonton, just after Edmonton won the McDavid lottery.

In a year, he's rebuilt the Edmonton roster, which is now in the top five in the NHL for height and weight.

I expect him to overpay 3rd liners soon. :laugh:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Chia wont be doing Bruins any favors after taking a less offer from Flames for Hamilton. Wont happen.

Actually the offers were pretty similar . The Flames first was better and the Oilers 2nd was better so it could be argue either way . I do think our was a little better but it was very close . The additional ask of Nurse was over the top .

Adding a D that makes the Oilers a better team is what he needs to focus on . No need for him to be bitter and miss out on useful players unless Neely goes ******** again

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
After the Hayes and Connolly experiments, why not. Yakupov has more talent than both combined. I would do McQuaid + Edmonton 2nd back for Yakupov and see what happens.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Julien expects players to play at both ends of the rink, something Yak has struggled with. Don't see him fitting into Claude's system either, the polar opposite of a Julien type of player.

I would certainly take a flyer on yak, especially if we can free up a spot on D by moving mcquaid. i think the additional 2nd and 3rd would cause me to be hesitant here. Yak's perceived value isn't that high at the moment. but i think something can be worked out. I also think Yak could benefit from playing in CJ's system. it's working out ok for pasta and I could see Krejci enjoying some speed and a shooter on his right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad