Salary Cap: Muzzin OR Barrie (Pick One)

Re-Sign Muzzin OR Barrie

• Total voters

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
This team needs at least two (preferably three) offensive defenceman. Unfortunately Barrie will demand far more then hes worth so Kyle may need to pass. The Muzzin-Holl combo is a must moving forward.

After watching Barrie this season no wonder the Avalanche are willing to pay half of his salary, he's a joke.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Colorado was intelligent enough to understand that they couldn't properly allow both Makar and Girard to develop towards their potential with Barrie taking up the offensive role at ES and on the PP that he takes up. If the Leafs are intelligent they will understand the same.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Re-sign Muzzin and play one of your LHD on the right side.

Rielly - Holl
Muzzin - Dermott
Sandin - Liljegren

You can look to package Dermott or Holl for an upgrade on RHD

Dermott + Johnsson?

I think with just a bit of tinkering we will have a pretty decent defense starting next year until at least Rielly's new contract.

Reactions: RoadWarrior

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Sounds like the Leafs are starting to discuss extension with Muzzin. Guessing this rules out a Barrie extension?
If his ask is 8 million I sure as hell hope so...

He isnt worth even close to that, especially with how the leafs dont have a proper pairing to shelter him

Personally it would be a catastrophic error to sign him for even close to that. He isnt a good fit and wasnt from day 1. Only reason that trade was made is because it returned a 3C as well (if Kerfoot even is that long term), fit cap wise and Kadri just couldnt be trusted against Boston and that was bound to happen again at some point

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Barrie looks like someone who just converted from Forward to Defense recently when you watch him play a 2 on 1 or in his own zone. How some people don't see how bad he is with pinches and decision making is beyond me. I thought Jake Gardiner was a better gambler than Barrie and I didn't think too highly of Jake either...

I see it. He is a sh!tshow

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Re-sign Muzzin, trade Barrie for something at the trade deadline.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Colorado was intelligent enough to understand that they couldn't properly allow both Makar and Girard to develop towards their potential with Barrie taking up the offensive role at ES and on the PP that he takes up. If the Leafs are intelligent they will understand the same.

Trading him yesterday is not quick enough for me. He doesn’t have a good head for the game. Last night’s pinch and hanging Andersen out to dry when its 6-1 completely infuriated me. I hate players like that who only care about stats in a contract year. Maybe we can get a second and prospect for him by moving him way out front of the deadline.

I can’t believe we lost Kadri and a third for this guy and Kerfoot. Dubas had to do it because he was fed up with kadri but damn thats not worked out good for us.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I will suggest Liljegren is the better fit

Dude what is going on. Lil is nowhere even close to Barrie. Not even close. Did you watch the preseason?? Dude cant make a first pass. He is so far away from Barrie and will probably never be close to the player Barrie is.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Have you watched an actual game of his this season? He has one of the best first passes on the team already.

Yes I have. Hes much better in the A but in preseason he was horrible at it. He hasnt improved enough for the show. Thats next year.

Comparing him to Barrie right now is ridiculous was my point though.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
After watching Barrie this season no wonder the Avalanche are willing to pay half of his salary, he's a joke.

After reading your posts this season and last season ... ah, never mind.

That makes no sense. He has 17 pts since Keefe. PP. Vet with playoff experience. Gets along with the guys. Chemistry. Why the **** would you trade him??

Typical Leaf Nation, knee jerk reactions are the way we roll.

Reactions: Einzakin

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
LeBrun: Why collaboration is key for Devils new front...

LeBrun says Barrie loves it here and speculates he'll take 8 per year to stay.
IMO, Barrie needs to love it here a little more and set his sights lower.

I wouldn't want him at $5M nevermind $8M. This guy just exposed himself as the Jeremy Bracco of the NHL with his defensive liability. I think other teams are going to be very wary of paying him anything near that. Remember when everyone was saying Jake was going to get $7 easily? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Dude what is going on. Lil is nowhere even close to Barrie. Not even close. Did you watch the preseason?? Dude cant make a first pass. He is so far away from Barrie and will probably never be close to the player Barrie is.

Yeah whatever you say Son

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Lil is better than Barrie defensively right now.

Yes he is better in many ways and will put up points with the forward talent to a degree we don’t know yet. It will be good fun to waych next year and hopefully this year. Barrie is a knob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad