Salary Cap: Muzzin OR Barrie (Pick One)

Re-Sign Muzzin OR Barrie

• Total voters

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Hahahahahahah. you haven't been watching him in the AHL. Lil has been the marlies best player.

Good answer. Hes the best against scrubs eh? If hes marlies best player why wasnt he an allstar. Why hasnt he played an nhl game.

Legit insane to think Lil is betrer than Barrie.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes he is better in many ways and will put up points with the forward talent to a degree we don’t know yet. It will be good fun to waych next year and hopefully this year. Barrie is a knob

It's hard to take people seriously who express themselves in this fashion.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Yes I have. Hes much better in the A but in preseason he was horrible at it. He hasnt improved enough for the show. Thats next year.

Judging by your comments, I highly doubt you’ve seen him at all.

Liljegren has had a very good season for a 20yo 1st round pick in the AHL. He should definitely be in the NHL by the trade deadline, if not sooner.

Reactions: stickty111

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Judging by your comments, I highly doubt you’ve seen him at all.

Liljegren has had a very good season for a 20yo 1st round pick in the AHL. He should definitely be in the NHL by the trade deadline, if not sooner.

Which comments make you think I havent seen him?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It's hard to take people seriously who express themselves in this fashion.
Oh ok then. He can’t play defense and is a detriment to the team regulary and was on the ice for 5 goals against Florida. Hung Andersen out to dry taking big bad decisions to pinch with a 6-1 score last night. Hope thats better in a recent example of his incompetence

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh ok then. He can’t play defense and is a detriment to the team regulary and was on the ice for 5 goals against Florida. Hung Andersen out to dry taking big bad decisions to pinch with a 6-1 score last night. Hope thats better in a recent example of his incompetence

I think many players let up a bit and didn't play great when we went up 6-1, should we trade them all or just Barrie?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think many players let up a bit and didn't play great when we went up 6-1, should we trade them all or just Barrie?

https://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3/cs/content.nsf/0/A093F0F56D4CF13D852575D00063DCB5/$FILE/NHL Central Scouting - Defenseman Checklist.pdf

Rate him personally yourself. I have picked up for him before. I think i’ve had it with him now. Not enough of a defensive package for what he was making and sick in the head if he thinks he is getting anything much over what he just got from the present contract.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Now that I think about, this Lilly hate user is sounding like a poster who was similar to this.
Vince Vega

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good answer. Hes the best against scrubs eh? If hes marlies best player why wasnt he an allstar. Why hasnt he played an nhl game.

Legit insane to think Lil is betrer than Barrie.
Give it up. You lost a long time ago.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
https://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3/cs/content.nsf/0/A093F0F56D4CF13D852575D00063DCB5/$FILE/NHL Central Scouting - Defenseman Checklist.pdf

Rate him personally yourself. I have picked up for him before. I think i’ve had it with him now. Not enough of a defensive package for what he was making and sick in the heaf if he thinks he is getting anything much over what he just got from the present contract.

Why should I rate him? Not sure what we're talking about here, I have no idea what he's thinking about in terms of contract and I don't really care as I don't think we'll resign him. I do think he's a valuable player though and that we're trying to win the cup this year so he won't be traded for futures. And I also don't think that the idea that Liljegren can replace him is reasonable, I'd even say that's completely ridiculous. Maybe some day, that would be great but I don't see how anyone can say he's ready for full time NHL duty regardless on what he's done with the Marlies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Why should I rate him? Not sure what we're talking about here, I have no idea what he's thinking about in terms of contract and I don't really care as I don't think we'll resign him. I do think he's a valuable player though and that we're trying to win the cup this year so he won't be traded for futures. And I also don't think that the idea that Liljegren can replace him is reasonable, I'd even say that's completely ridiculous. Maybe some day, that would be great but I don't see how anyone can say he's ready for full time NHL duty regardless on what he's done with the Marlies.

I disagree. The numbers on Barrie are $8,000,000 and have been mentioned by Lebrun and the likes. Darn right he won’t be signed by us. Muzzin is what we need not Barrie. You can think a poor defensive player is valuable on a forward rich offensively oriented team that needs to play smart with constant reads required to play our style.

Well Liljegren needs to replace him when we forecast our cap situation moving forward. I believe Liljegren is a homegrown Keefe defenseman with a better defensive game and skates every bit as good but needs Nhl reps and some comfort level and confidence.

Liljegren has a far superior defensive conscience already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad