Proposal: MTL & TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t see the reasoning for Montreal here. I suspect Habs brass value two high 2nd second over a late first. Also, I wish Amirov a speedy recovery and a long and healthy life but I doubt Montreal has the luxury of taking that kind of risk over a player (human) which has a brain tumor. We are also not in a hurry to shed contracts/salary. We can keep Hoffman until he expires.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Garbage HABs players for the Leafs best prospect and 1st.

Lock it up.
He’s not the leafs best prospect nor was he ever better then Robertson. He also has a brain tumour and is in the middle of Chemo highly doubt any team values him.

Reactions: viceroy

The90

Feb 27, 2017
This Habs fan is not emotionally tied to the 1st. Possible but I'm not banking on it. I'm thinking a different type of package. Measure my value opinion to what he actually gets traded for (See below). I could be off but I feel it will be close to this in the end. If it's the 1st and prospect, I'll be surprised/shocked like many other fans (not Habs fans)

* Two 2nds (one in 23 and one in 24)
* Grade B+ prospect developing well (age 19-21 range)
Not emotionally tied, then posts I want 2 2nd’s and a B prospect. AKA a first +.

Glacious

Dec 28, 2009
Chiarot, last playoffs, played better D than I’ve seen any leaf defender play in the post season for the past 5-6 years, or whatever. I don’t know if that means they should pay as much as in the OP, but it is what it is.
Ehhh, I dunno. Muzzin has been quite good for us the past couple seasons but has had obvious injury issues. Rielly also tends to elevate his game in the playoffs but his strengths are more so in terms of transition d (I won't argue that he's as good in the d zone, boards, or net front). And iirc Brodie was pretty good last year too

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Fan bickering aside, these 2 teams do not make trades of significance with each other, period, full stop. Check the history, I think the last trade of any relevance was Plekanec? and then it was Grabovski in 2008 and he was kind of a reclamation project at the time

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Chiarot, last playoffs, played better D than I’ve seen any leaf defender play in the post season for the past 5-6 years, or whatever. I don’t know if that means they should pay as much as in the OP, but it is what it is.

Thats probably why toronto outplayed montreal in every aspect of the game except 1...

Montreal won because one 1 of 3 best performance by a goalie during last 30 years. ( with Patrick roy in 1993 and js giguere in 2003). The team in front was not better than the team who finished the season at 18th in the NHL. It is what it is

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The only reason why it should be locked up is when posters use words like Garbage.

Not sure if this is a Habs or Leafs fan proposing this. Do you know? Probably a Habs fan I'm assuming. Interesting idea with the health issue factor but it probably don't end well.
Did someone say my name?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Leafs fans know that lol, no matter what they say. Habs top-4 crushed them. Let them keep doing what they’re doing. I rather enjoy watching them get rag-dolled out of the first round year after year.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Nah keep Hoffman and flip him next trade deadline for a better price (hopefully he performs well next year tho)

Also try to trade chiarot to the Rangers or something. Toronto low-key knows that their 1st will not be too low as they'll lose yet again in round one of the PO

Suave

Feb 9, 2022
Chiarot is a ld who cant play RD. Rielly and muzzin are lock for the top 4. On the 3rd pairing still sandin who played extremely well this season, he will need to jump over him and it would not be as easy than you think. The other solution is using sandin at RD and chiarot at LD on third string ...but toronto already traded for that kind of depht d with lyubushkin so thats make no sense at all.

and like boondock said. If you take chiarot over muzzin, its clear you're not realistic. Chiarot is at best a #4 dman
We do agree on the later part, he's at best a top4 dman. My point was that he would be in your starting lineup in the playoffs and it's not even close, do they need him - I don't think so, but still my point remains. If you disagree, we can agree to disagree and it's alright friend.

And, YES I'd take Chariot before Muzzin in a heartbeat. On one hand you get Chariot who becomes a UFA at the end of season (+Habs can retain 50% of the salary) and on the other hand, you get the poor Muzzin who got concussed twice in the last month with an awful contract.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
Hoffman has negative value with tha contract. To me a more reasonable offer would be to move Chariot for someone like Timothy Lindgren or even straight up for Sandin (who I think is better) but something like that from the leafs, Perhaps Robertson.
I'd do Chariot for a first or Chariot for Lindgren and Robertson.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Hoffman has negative value with tha contract. To me a more reasonable offer would be to move Chariot for someone like Timothy Lindgren or even straight up for Sandin (who I think is better) but something like that from the leafs, Perhaps Robertson.
I'd do Chariot for a first or Chariot for Lindgren and Robertson.
That's disgustingly bad for Toronto.....

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
That's disgustingly bad for Toronto.....

Maybe, not sure its disgustingly bad, but it skews to Montreal. If Chariot is what Toronto needs and if it brings the Cup why not pay? Same division eternal rivals the price has to be high. Would it change if it was one of Robertson or Lindgren?
I'm not actually convinced there is a fit here because Montreal will have to look like they get better value from the Leafs than a West coast team

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Maybe, not sure its disgustingly bad, but it skews to Montreal. If Chariot is what Toronto needs and if it brings the Cup why not pay? Same division eternal rivals the price has to be high. Would it change if it was one of Robertson or Lindgren?
I'm not actually convinced there is a fit here because Montreal will have to look like they get better value from the Leafs than a West coast team
No...it is. I wouldn't want to deal the 1st for Chiarot....but lets just say Dubas would....Both Liljegren AND Robertson each are worth more to the Leafs than their late 1st....and you think Chiarot gets both?

Last edited:

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Any proposal involving Amirov should just be locked right away, for the time being. He just has been diagnosed with a brain tumor therefore they're unrealistic at this time and frankly its in poor taste to be discussing his trade value at the moment. Be it a Leaf fan proposing them or another team.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
No...it is. I wouldn't want to deal the 1st for Chiarot....but lets just say Dubas would....Both Liljegren AND Robertson each are worth more to the Leafs than their late 1st....and you think Chiarot gets both?

No I don't think Chariot gets both. I think Toronto may have to over pay. I'm actually not a fan of Robertson but he seems like an extra young piece Montreal would ask for. I like Lindgren is underused in T.O. and Montreal would be smart to try and pry him away

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
No I don't think Chariot gets both. I think Toronto may have to over pay. I'm actually not a fan of Robertson but he seems like an extra young piece Montreal would ask for. I like Lindgren is underused in T.O. and Montreal would be smart to try and pry him away
Montreal wouldn't get either in a deal for a rental Chiarot.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
It's not meant to be rude, it's just logic. Toronto won't be trading a young RHD that they've developed for years, or an upcoming ELC forward with top 6 upside for a rental. Both of those pieces hold more value to the Leafs than their late 1st....and Dubas said he won't be dealing that for a rental.

Not a knock on Chiarot.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
lol that's hilarious i can't believe they bought it.

Would go down as one of worst trades in history

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad