Proposal: MTL & TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Chiarot, last playoffs, played better D than I’ve seen any leaf defender play in the post season for the past 5-6 years, or whatever. I don’t know if that means they should pay as much as in the OP, but it is what it is.

Pay as much what?
Toronto : first pick 2022 + Amirov
for
MTL : Chariot (50% retained) and resigned + Hoffman + 2nd pick 2022 +2nd 2023

25th pick and Amirov (who might never play again) for Chiarot (50% and extended) Hoffman (who had 50% off initially) 35th pick and 35-45th pick

25th pick = 35th pick + 2nd 2023
Amirov < Chiarot Hoffman

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
This Habs fan is not emotionally tied to the 1st. Possible but I'm not banking on it. I'm thinking a different type of package. Measure my value opinion to what he actually gets traded for (See below). I could be off but I feel it will be close to this in the end. If it's the 1st and prospect, I'll be surprised/shocked like many other fans (not Habs fans)

* Two 2nds (one in 23 and one in 24)
* Grade B+ prospect developing well (age 19-21 range)
I think a 2nd and B prospect is probably where a lot of teams would feel comfortable. I could see multiple teams interested which I think will add another pick to the price. I think he will probably be traded for a 2nd, prospect (as you described above) and a 3rd round pick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think a 2nd and B prospect is probably where a lot of teams would feel comfortable. I could see multiple teams interested which I think will add another pick to the price. I think he will probably be traded for a 2nd, prospect (as you described above) and a 3rd round pick.

We as fans are going to be all over whatever he returns due to all the conversations we are having today. Will be interesting to see how close we are in the end (or how far off we are lol).

Word of caution to all... Don't say anything stupid today. There are fans in the shadows that are going to bump things forward for sure :laugh:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Pay as much what?
Toronto : first pick 2022 + Amirov
for

25th pick and Amirov (who might never play again) for Chiarot (50% and extended) Hoffman (who had 50% off initially) 35th pick and 35-45th pick

25th pick = 35th pick + 2nd 2023
Amirov < Chiarot Hoffman

This is a terrible trade for the Habs.

First of all, Chiarot's new contract will likely be a 3-4 year term at at least $4M. Habs aren't retaining $2M for 4 seasons on Chiarot, plus $2.25M for the next two seasons on Hoffman.

Secondly, Amirov may never play again. Let's hope that's not the case, but its just unrealistic that he would be included in a trade like this. So value wise, Montreal is trading two players at 50% and two (likely) high second rounders for a late 1st. Late 1sts aren't that valuable.

Montreal would fetch a much greater net return if they traded these assets separately.

Reactions: viceroy

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Ok, let’s say I agree, if a team ONLY needs a D, they may pay a 1st, but speaking for the Leafs, they need more thank that….so they may aim lower at D and use the 1st on a player with term.

Toronto already traded for that kind of dman for a lower price...and toronto are not desesperated to give a 1st puck for a guy who should fight for a spot in the line up when muzzin will be back.

It what happening when a lot of other option are available. If your cost is too high, gm will find their guy somewhere else like dubas already did. Thats why montreal will probably not be able to have the price they want.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
We as fans are going to be all over whatever he returns due to all the conversations we are having today. Will be interesting to see how close we are in the end (or how far off we are lol).

Word of caution to all... Don't say anything stupid today. There are fans in the shadows that are going to bump things forward for sure :laugh:
It's too late for most of us. :doh:
Wish i'd have read that advice before talking to my wife this morning.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's too late for most of us. :doh:
Wish i'd have read that advice before talking to my wife this morning.

giphy.gif

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Suave

Feb 9, 2022
Toronto already traded for that kind of dman for a lower price...and toronto are not desesperated to give a 1st puck for a guy who should fight for a spot in the line up when muzzin will be back.

It what happening when a lot of other option are available. If your cost is too high, gm will find their guy somewhere else like dubas already did. Thats why montreal will probably not be able to have the price they want.
fight for a spot? You can't be serious right? You'd rather start the playoffs with Holl, Sandin and Lyubushkin and Timothy something over Chariot? I mean c'mon... you expect to make it past the 1st round with these beauties? I'd even add Muzzin to the list, I like the player, but injuries are catching up and he'll never play like he used too for the kings back in the days, Personally, I'd take Chariot any day of the week before him.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
fight for a spot? You can't be serious right? You'd rather start the playoffs with Holl, Sandin and Lyubushkin and Timothy something over Chariot? I mean c'mon... you expect to make it past the 1st round with these beauties? I'd even add Muzzin to the list, I like the player, but injuries are catching up and he'll never play like he used too for the kings back in the days, Personally, I'd take Chariot any day of the week before him.
The problem isn't with "wanting" Chiarot on the team, it's with "not wanting" to pay a 1st for him...

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Your bias is extremely clear. You would take Chiarot over Muzzin? No need to comment any further.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The problem isn't with "wanting" Chiarot on the team, it's with "not wanting" to pay a 1st for him...

According to your standards and some other Leafs fans yes. But not with all Leafs fans. Usual divide and Habs fans have that as well. There are some Leafs fans who are all over the devalue attempts on Chiarot.

Are you on the Leafs board a lot? Can you give us some context into the various opinions about what value Chiarot provides? I'm sure there are some internal debates there correct?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I personally would not pay a first for Chiarot (not worth it) but Amirov might also ever play again so that screws the Habs as well in this proposal.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
According to your standards and some other Leafs fans yes. But not with all Leafs fans. Usual divide and Habs fans have that as well. There are some Leafs fans who are all over the devalue attempts on Chiarot.

Are you on the Leafs board a lot? Can you give us some context into the various opinions about what value Chiarot provides? I'm sure there are some internal debates there correct?
I'm pretty new here, but what i've learned is, the bashing of players generally happens on the main boards....not the team boards.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If I'm Toronto, I would be looking at a veteran back up goalie that offers better protection for Campbell than Mrazek first, second I would be looking at adding a RHD - a potential upgrade to Holl/Liljegren/Dermott. With a left side that has Reilly, Muzzin and Sandin - I don't think a LHD is a big need. If they are adding a LHD, it would be to insolate the young Sandin and I can't imagine there would be a lot of interest in spending high quality assets to add a different dimension to the third pairing left side.

If I'm the Leafs and I think this is my year to go all in and I'm putting the teams 1st, 2nd, Knies, Niemela or Robertson in play - there would be 15 or more players I would target before Chiarot. This isn't a critique of Chiarot, just an honest neutral fans perspective of the Leafs team needs.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Chiarot is a ld who cant play RD. Rielly and muzzin are lock for the top 4. On the 3rd pairing still sandin who played extremely well this season, he will need to jump over him and it would not be as easy than you think. The other solution is using sandin at RD and chiarot at LD on third string ...but toronto already traded for that kind of depht d with lyubushkin so thats make no sense at all.

and like boondock said. If you take chiarot over muzzin, its clear you're not realistic. Chiarot is at best a #4 dman

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Tonroto : first pick 2022 + Amirov
for
Sneaky way to dump the contractual mistake of Hoffman but I really doubt the Leafs want that bad contract on their books.

I assume that’s where at least one second round picks to TML came from.

I bet Toronto picks up Manson from the Ducks.

Also, it’s gauche to put a player with a brain tumor into trade proposals hoping to buy low. Seriously, wtf.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Fan based all their vision about stats or avanced stats will not like chiarot because most of those can find the difference between looking good on a 3rd pair against 3 or 4th line vs a top pair dman who played all game long against top opposite line and maybe looked worst than what theybreally are in reality. So those kind of fan will be pretty high on a average player like soucy and pretty low on a #4 like chiarot who played a #2 role in mtl.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Amirov doesn't he have cancer? His career in doubt
The idea of trading a guy with cancer is messed up (Dubas). The idea of trying to buy low and hoping for a full recovery is messed up (Gordon).

no one should be putting Amirov in trade proposals. It’s not only unrealistic, it’s lacking class.

there are zero NHL GMs calling Dubas on this guy. They’d be labeled pariahs at various GM meetings. Dubas would tell them to F themselves.

Reactions: thusk

Mar 26, 2010
As a Leafs fan I can say I have zero interest in Chariot. I really hope Dubas avoids him at all costs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tonroto

So this is for a warped rotisserie league that is premised on trading players like Amirov who are suffering life threatening conditions?

Maybe you should find another hobby. No way Amirov’s name should be appearing in trade threads, it’s sad and disturbing.

Best wishes to Amirov for a prompt recovery.

Reactions: viceroy and Gravity

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
The real mystery is how the heck this is still open, better trade offer got closed before 4-5 reply.

This is horrendous for MTL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad