Proposal: MTL & SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top cheese Gaz

Nov 21, 2023
Ya change the pieces to Hage and SJ adds a late pick, then it’s better than this proposal, in which Grier passes easily.
The main piece is the SJ piece in the current proposal.
Why would the Habs trade Hage vs Chernyshov + late pick ? i do not think grier would have passes easily on that trade if it was the case.

In any case, Chernyshov is worth more than Bogdan + Strubble. I do not see a team trade a player that they draft two month ago.

Obviously not by himself. It would be a package including Chernyshov.
You're so far of the value. Chernyshov would not be the main piece of the package.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No where.

I just do see why somebody would name a player that is not the main peace in a trade.

I would like Habs to trade for Matthews. Jake Evans would be in the package
People say "I would only trade player X in a package for player Y" literally all the time on this forum.

I think you know that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think the point was that Chernyshov doesn't bring you a Dobson level prospect/player.
Which is entirely beside the point of the post that poster was responding to. Nobody said Chernyshov would bring in a Dobson-level prospect/player. All that has been said is that's the only type of asset that they would make him available for. That's a completely different thing to say and not an insane thing as that person claimed.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Sharks would be dumb not to make this trade

Habs track record trading D for F is abysmal and you get 2 chances to burn us :sarcasm:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
The point is Bodgan and Struble are NHL ready and would make the team this year easily top 4 for SJ.
Chernyshov is a project that could take 3 years to make the NHL, Might end up better might not.
Not saying the Chernyshov dosen't have the potentiel but Bogdan is twice the player playing in the same league at the moment.
And you guy's calling for Hage lolll jezzz get lost

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
While SJ wont trade a prospect drafted so recently, and the value is still a little off anyways, the “superior forward prospect for two inferior D prospects” dynamic makes some sense for both teams. There are issues with the proposal but the thought behind it shows some insight into team need from both ends

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The point is Bodgan and Struble are NHL ready and would make the team this year easily top 4 for SJ.
Chernyshov is a project that could take 3 years to make the NHL, Might end up better might not.
Not saying the Chernyshov dosen't have the potentiel but Bogdan is twice the player playing in the same league at the moment.
1. Why is SJ needing NHL ready players right away? are they aiming to make the playoffs next season?
2. Chernyshov is one of the closest to ready players in this last draft.

45. Chernyshov
72. Hage

Bogdan where?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So why would the Habs want a lesser prospect like Chernyshov when you have 2 NHL ready top 4 defensemen?

Reactions: Grinner

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
While SJ wont trade a prospect drafted so recently, and the value is still a little off anyways, the “superior forward prospect for two inferior D prospects” dynamic makes some sense for both teams. There are issues with the proposal but the thought behind it shows some insight into team need from both ends
No it doesn't. This post shows you don't have insight into the Sharks needs. We need a high end RHD. The Habs have two prospects in that vein and they're obviously not available.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
So why would the Habs want a lesser prospect like Chernyshov when you have 2 NHL ready top 4 defensemen?
Not easy to understand i get it,,, but these guys are not what the Habs need right now but SJ could sure use them right now.

Chernyshov might be a unicor or a burst we don't know.

So Habs are taking a chance giving decent prospects for a *Unicorne*.
OR You guy's think Chenyshov is a God,, allright keep him.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Not easy to understand i get it,,, but these guys are not what the Habs need right now but SJ could sure use them right now.

Get lost indeed

Reactions: thefutures

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

chernyshov.jpg

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
No it doesn't. This post shows you don't have insight into the Sharks needs. We need a high end RHD. The Habs have two prospects in that vein and they're obviously not available.
Hey, fair enough. I agree that the Sharks primarily need is a high end RD and that they are not going to get one from MTL without giving up a legit top fwd prospect.

That said, I still view SJ’s forward pool better than their D pool as whole. The Habs have an embarassment of riches on the back end and can probably parlay two lesser D into a very good forward prospect. SJ seemed like a team who could potentially take advantage of that, but I’ll tale your word for it that I’m off
about that

Reactions: CanadienShark

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
The sharks D pool sucks but it's full of lefties, especially bottom pairing ones like Struble. There is absolutely 0 need for us to make this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad